DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki. A ***** dream match that delivered. One of the best AEW matches ever. Miss Murder Grandpa in AEW.

Great to see Nick Lendl get an opportunity on this show to be timekeeper and backstage interviewer.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Mark D’Amato vs The Butcher on top let’s roll 

Managed by Arn. An Enforcer with THE Enforcer.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

If we want to play the Bray secret sign games, one of the last times Accountant led into AEW TV (though probably not THE last time) ...

Kind of makes me wonder if @TimLivingston is about to finally win our bet.

?

18 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Having the house shows set up angles for TV is not a use case that I'd anticipated.

Do Butcher and Blade ever win on Dynamite or Rampage?  I dunno if I’ve ever seen them win a match.  They’ve got a cool look, but come across as jtts to me.

Do they win on Dark is whatever the other internet show Is called (Elevation, I think)?  I’ve never watched the streaming shoes but they’re mostly used to showcase talent not doing much on tv, right?

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, tbarrie said:

Does anybody know if presale codes for Forbidden Door II tickets are Out There yet? I haven't had any luck with what appear to be the official channels, and according to Ticketmaster the presale starts Monday at 10:00 AM.

The first code that’s out is CHLS3X. That’s the mlse venue code. There will be more codes and some may not work. 

Another code REBMC2

YAPFS6

Edited by matt925
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Do Butcher and Blade ever win on Dynamite or Rampage?  I dunno if I’ve ever seen them win a match.  They’ve got a cool look, but come across as jtts to me.

Do they win on Dark is whatever the other internet show Is called (Elevation, I think)?  I’ve never watched the streaming shoes but they’re mostly used to showcase talent not doing much on tv, right?

I can't remember them winning on TV since they were involved with Matt Hardy - that said, if you have any sort of fondness for the syndicated WWF shows or TBS weekend shows of the 80s-90s, I think you'll enjoy the YouTube shows. Taz and Excalibur are the commentary team for Tuesday Dark and their banter is hilarious - sometimes it's a Tony/Dusty vibe, others it's more of a MST3K/Statler and Waldorf thing, I'm a big fan.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

You should definitely watch Dark/Elevation, it usually does a good job of heating up whoever isn't normally on Dynamite/Rampage before they show up.

That being said, they last won on Rampage teaming with Rush in November.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Butcher and Blade won a Dynamite main event one time (2021?) and it was awesome!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I can't remember them winning on TV since they were involved with Matt Hardy - that said, if you have any sort of fondness for the syndicated WWF shows or TBS weekend shows of the 80s-90s, I think you'll enjoy the YouTube shows. Taz and Excalibur are the commentary team for Tuesday Dark and their banter is hilarious - sometimes it's a Tony/Dusty vibe, others it's more of a MST3K/Statler and Waldorf thing, I'm a big fan.

I've grown fond of the Paul Wight/Daddy Magic team on Monday. I also think they do a better job of putting over the matches and the talent.

YouTube is also worth it to see the women like Athena and Emi Sakura in action.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I've grown fond of the Paul Wight/Daddy Magic team on Monday. I also think they do a better job of putting over the matches and the talent.

YouTube is also worth it to see the women like Athena and Emi Sakura in action.

Seconded on both points!

Menard has always been good, but he's been on fire both here and on promos since he cut that money one after Blood And Guts about tearing his shoulder and missing his kid's first steps. And id be remiss if I didn't give kudos to THE GIANT for steadily improving with every outing. If I were a betting man, I think in addition to just getting the reps, having a more regular partner in Menard as opposed to the rotating team of Henry, Ex and others has probably helped them build a better rapport and get Wight more comfortable in the booth.

And Emi- if Emi has ever had a bad match on the Darks, I haven't seen it. If you're a nerd about this sort of thing, it's a real treat to watch her 'direct traffic' in these six-womans they often do. I really wish they'd do more of those on TV - especially since I'm pretty sure I read that the ratings have shown that multi-women matches score higher viewership than 1v1s

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Last Rampage win - Black Friday 2022

Last Dynamite win - St Patricks Day Slam 2021

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Watching only Dynamite is the worst way to watch AEW.

Agreed.  That’s why I watch Dynamite once a month or less and pretty much forget Rampage exists.

i would have been very into Dark and Elevation 10-12 years ago,  but I watch less and less wrestling each year and don’t really have time or desire to keep up with more.  I keep talking myself out of paying for Honor Club because even though it’s relatively cheap, there’s a very good chance entire months would go by without me watching a single show.

• Like 1