DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

Have they said if Taya is signed yet, or is she just in long enough to get fed to Jade? Either way I'm happy to see her get a shot on a big stage, I've always enjoyed her (especially anything and everything she's done with Rosemary)

3 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Have they said if Taya is signed yet, or is she just in long enough to get fed to Jade? Either way I'm happy to see her get a shot on a big stage, I've always enjoyed her (especially anything and everything she's done with Rosemary)

https://www.sescoops.com/news/taya-valkyrie-all-elite

• Like 1

Nice! I'm always happy to see Taya (and not just because of the reason everyone thinks - I actually do enjoy her work lol). Hopefully she can get Rosemary to come over whenever her Impact contract is up.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2023 at 11:56 AM, John from Cincinnati said:

Paul Wight is looking to get back in the ring. Let's get this thing done. 

I believe he’s having knee replacement surgery soon.

17 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Results from tonight's first AEW House Rules house show in Troy, Ohio:

Reveal hidden contents

*Ethan Page def. Captain Shawn Dean. After the match, Ethan gets the mic and says he wants another challenge...

*Hook def. Ethan Page via Redrum submission.

*Jeff Jarrett def. Brian Pillman Jr. with the Stroke after using a low blow behind the ref's back.

*Ruby Soho def. Hollyhood Haley. After the match, Ruby went for the spraypaint but Skye Blue made the save. Skye challenged Ruby but Ruby backed out and said she'd leave Skye for Toni Storm on Dynamite.

*Tony Khan came to the ring to speak to the crowd and thank everyone for coming.

*Orange Cassidy & Darby Allin def. The Butcher & The Blade when Orange pinned Blade with the Mouse Trap. After the match, Darby hit the Coffin Drop on Butcher.

*QT Marshall (w/ Powerhouse Hobbs) def. Pat Buck with the Diamond Cutter after Hobbs ran Pat in to the ring post outside.

*Dr. Britt Baker DMD def. Anna Jay A S via Lockjaw submission.

*Powerhouse Hobbs(c) def. Christopher Daniels after the Spinebuster to retain the TNT Championship

*Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli) def. The Firm (Big Bill & Lee Moriarty) when Moxley pinned Moriarty after the Paradigm Shift.

a main event pic Tony posted:

Reveal hidden contents

Jesus we just can’t seem to get enough of QT, I’m beginning to suspect he’s Tony’s adderall hook up

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I believe he’s having knee replacement surgery soon.

Jesus we just can’t seem to get enough of QT, I’m beginning to suspect he’s Tony’s adderall hook up

Add him getting super defensive to online criticism and the whole thing gets a huge thumbs down from me. Dislike everything about it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, matt925 said:

Add him getting super defensive to online criticism and the whole thing gets a huge thumbs down from me. Dislike everything about it. 

It’s was towards Raj Giri. As far as I’m concerned it made QT a babyface. Unless you mean Snowman TK this past Friday - but I love unhinged tweeter TK so 🤷🏼

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 7:21 PM, tbarrie said:

Does anybody know if presale codes for Forbidden Door II tickets are Out There yet? I haven't had any luck with what appear to be the official channels, and according to Ticketmaster the presale starts Monday at 10:00 AM.

You probably saw, but the presale has now been moved to Wednesday at 10 am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are they running the Owen Hart tournament again this year? Because if they are, I hope Jeff Jarrett and Taya Valkyrie win.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

Are they running the Owen Hart tournament again this year? Because if they are, I hope Jeff Jarrett and Taya Valkyrie win.

I really, really like your Jarrett suggestion. Call me a sucker for (I don't think Nostalgia is the right word, given that a husband/father didn't come home from the road) but reading this suggestion brought me immediately back to his Raw is Owen promo. I don't know if you could do it effectively without turning him babyface, but there's a very legitimately emotional story to tell there. 

No qualms w the Taya pick, either, FWIW - Canadian, gorgeous, good worker, I'm down

• Like 4

On 3/18/2023 at 7:58 PM, JLowe said:

If AEW gets involved with Rogan I’ll immediately stop watching, taping, and throw my merch in the trash

I can't imagine 5'2" Rogan in a wrestling match. Maybe against Marko Stunt. Also eff Joe Rogan and everything he stands for

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, StevieNippz said:

I can't imagine 5'2" Rogan in a wrestling match. Maybe against Marko Stunt. Also eff Joe Rogan and everything he stands for

Joe Rogan as the mouthpiece for Slapfight competitors who are invading AEW because they blame it for Slapfight being cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Sting's the third man, right? 

No, see, he was the back up plan in case they couldn't get Hogan to...

I could see it being Jungle Boy just as easily to play into that storyline.

Edit: IT’S STIIIIIIIING!

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1