DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

Lmao I didn't notice they were coming to Hamilton until Excalibur mentioned it tonight. At the risk of being unfair to my hometown, I think the Hate Group Capitol of Canada isn't exactly an AEW-friendly city (unless Cornette is going to be All Elite for one night or something). 

2 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Lmao I didn't notice they were coming to Hamilton until Excalibur mentioned it tonight. At the risk of being unfair to my hometown, I think the Hate Group Capitol of Canada isn't exactly an AEW-friendly city (unless Cornette is going to be All Elite for one night or something). 

Don't know if even TK's money could get him through the border crossing. IIRC, he was turned away when ROH went there. 

14 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Forbidden Door 2 is June 25 in Toronto.

Plus a bunch of other Canada dates announced.

Tell us about the UK dates cowards! Likely will be in June earlier than the Canadian dates but I need to sort my summer out Tony! Better not clash with Download festival I swear... I don't want to have to choose between seeing AEW and Metallica for the first time.

Also, Outsiders need 2 more girls right? Garcia twins anyone?

Edited by Leonidas
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

But then isn't that exactly what he ended up doing anyway? He came in and tagged with Cody right away, then worked the eight man with Dustin and QT and that was it.

Yeah, but he was distinctly positioned as “Cody’s friend” and ever a member of NF. Never wore Cody’s gimmicks, best I recall.

And honestly, I can get where he was coming from, even it did torpedo his chances at an AEW run.

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Taya Valkyrie said she was going to spend Wednesday night at home in Los Angeles, waiting for her husband to return from Australia.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Is that official? There have to be so many other places in the running...

On 3/14/2023 at 6:20 AM, Craig H said:

Serious question, if you were going to Moneyball this shit and bring in some consultants from here, past or present, to come up with storylines and then work with people with production experience to format it all, who would you pick? And no need for naysaying anyone's picks. No one needs their feelings hurt and no one needs to be shit on.

I already mentioned Schneider, just because he has such a wealth of knowledge about storylines and wrestling history, but Matt D would be another pick, again for his wealth of knowledge for wrestling history and logic...just keep him away from booking Hangman. Gregg has a lot of good ideas as well and would be someone I would recommend. Gregg does a good job of thinking as someone in the audience or someone at home and what they would want to see or what may turn them off and a lot of his solutions are pretty simple to implement. 

I think there are more than a few others I'd go with and I hesitate to also nominate myself, but I do think it would be really fun to give it a shot. I just think we all have a mind for what works and what doesn't. It would be interesting to see what would happen. 

And come on Mookie, you work for TK, give him some names from here.

Is Ben still around? We can finally get that hobo army story. This is how we build Mark Briscoe to take the title from MJF.

That or Piranisi? If only for a weekly "AEW Fashion Watch" segment.

53 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/hate-crime-statistics-canada-hamilton-1.5221663

I slightly misspoke, hate crime not group (also I think I used the wrong form of capital). 

All my years of listening to 590, I'd have thought Hamilton was more liberal than not. Maybe that's just all the lefty Globe and Mail sportswriters that lived there. 

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

All my years of listening to 590, I'd have thought Hamilton was more liberal than not. Maybe that's just all the lefty Globe and Mail sportswriters that lived there. 

I mean, we cleaned up city hall to a degree in the last municipal election and did just last night elect a very far left NDP councilor to Queen's Park. So hopefully stuff is changing. But the amount of organized hate and far-right/alt-right groups and activities is legit alarming, to say nothing about the fact you can't turn a corner without seeing a Hummer decked out in the flag and "I burn carbon" decals. 

17 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I mean, we cleaned up city hall to a degree in the last municipal election and did just last night elect a very far left NDP councilor to Queen's Park. So hopefully stuff is changing. But the amount of organized hate and far-right/alt-right groups and activities is legit alarming, to say nothing about the fact you can't turn a corner without seeing a Hummer decked out in the flag and "I burn carbon" decals. 

Hamilton and St. Catherines were always two close-ish places to here that I could see have seen myself moving to in the past. That's a bummer to see about the hate groups. It wouldn't matter anyway. When I looked at the housing market in each it was insane.