DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

The Bellas/Garcias would be perfect for the current storyline with the Outcasts. I've got no problem with them coming in short term and/or working a limited schedule. Nikki probably would have some pretty good matches with some of the AEW originals. Vs Hayter or Shida or Stat? I wouldn't mind seeing those.

• Like 3

I wonder if Danielson finally busting out the "Yes!" taunt during the Iron Man match was foreshadowing

Punk/FTR/Danielson/Cole vs. Omega/Bucks/Hangman/MJF in a Blood and Guts match, with Cole and MJF doing mid-match double turns would be cool

MJF wants to be Hollywood Hogan with the belt and WWE veterans as his flunkies - here's his chance

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2

If Nikki is healthy and can still go, I wouldn’t mind her doing some matches. No Brie though, please.

If their plan for that Saturday show is to make it a women’s show, bringing the Bella Twins in isn’t a terrible idea IMO.

I'm just waiting for the Renegade twins to come at them with "There's only room for ONE set of twins in this company!" and then take elbows to the jaw.

I would also accept this with the Volos twins.

• Like 5

I don't think AEW needs more belts, but they should find a way to convert the TBS title to women's tag titles. They actually have a good window right now, because Jade losing to Toni, Saraya, or even a freshly turned Ruby wouldn't hurt her (especially when she comes back to wreck them as part of the originals), and the promo with them saying "we all deserve a belt" is pretty easy to write. The initial change would be jarring and require a ton of suspension of disbelief, but it's worth the short term hit to get the women's division to a better place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

AEW needs the Garcia Twins. How else is Tony Khan going to milk the hell out of the next major announcement?

I for one hope Brie Mode is activated and it's full Ghost Protocol with Nikki doing Misawa proud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I don't think AEW needs more belts, but they should find a way to convert the TBS title to women's tag titles. They actually have a good window right now, because Jade losing to Toni, Saraya, or even a freshly turned Ruby wouldn't hurt her (especially when she comes back to wreck them as part of the originals), and the promo with them saying "we all deserve a belt" is pretty easy to write. The initial change would be jarring and require a ton of suspension of disbelief, but it's worth the short term hit to get the women's division to a better place.

Noah did this with Shiga's Openweight title which then became an Openweight Tag Title for Shiga and Kawabata and then reverted back to a singles Openweight title for Kawabata. So there's a precedent for the splitting of singles titles into tag titles, even if it's an absolutely bonkers precedent.

Honestly they should have Moxley and Claudio beat down Yuta for being a homegrown scrub and join up with Saraya, Storm and Ruby. Then you do Blood & Guts as intergender but have the cages separated by a fence so that it's women in one cage and men in the other. I'm half joking but nobody would expect the BOC and Outcasts heel turns to merge, even though they're all WWE folk to a certain degree, and if Moxley cut a promo saying Saraya was the one that approached him and Claudio about joining forces it would give her more cred as a heel ganglord. So you do men's cage: Moxley, Claudio and... someone (Miro if he can play ball??) vs Kingston, Wheeler and Hangman, women's cage Saraya, Storm and Ruby vs Baker, Hayter and Willow. 

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
  • Like 2

Cody Rhodes Reveals Matt Cardona Once Refused to Associate With Him On-Screen

On how Cardona said in a meeting that he didn’t want to associate with Cody on-screen: “I have this story about Matt which I’m going to tell eventually about watching his first meeting with a certain member of management somewhere and how he tanked this meeting. Right in front of me. And the one big line he hit in the meeting, that I’ll never forget. This is one of my real-life friends. He said, ‘I just want to make it clear; I’m never putting on a Nightmare Family jacket or associating myself with him on-screen.’ I got you the meeting, [then you throw me] under the bus right away.”

Well that ends the "why isn't Cardona in AEW?" speculation once and for all

What an idiot

• Haha 5

I think it worked out better the way it is anyway, at best he'd have been another Shawn Spears (RIP, the GOAT) in AEW. The Anti-Indie run he's had the last few years has been amazing. Much better for his name, reputation, and probably his bank account in the long run.

In hindsight, GCW should have run with him as champ longer, I don't think Mox ended up doing much for them

Edited by elizium

Genuinely thinking about going to Forbidden Door. Only 4 hours away (the one benefit to living on the NY/Canada border) - but a meet up may just put this over for me. Hell yeah!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Cody Rhodes Reveals Matt Cardona Once Refused to Associate With Him On-Screen

Well that ends the "why isn't Cardona in AEW?" speculation once and for all

What an idiot

But then isn't that exactly what he ended up doing anyway? He came in and tagged with Cody right away, then worked the eight man with Dustin and QT and that was it.