DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

Promo-wise, All Hart Gary would certainly stop the bleeding. I'd love it if the House never had another taped promo ever again. Only live interviews. And only use of the 'lights out' technique during their entrances for, let's say, a year? 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Promo-wise, All Hart Gary would certainly stop the bleeding. I'd love it if the House never had another taped promo ever again. Only live interviews. And only use of the 'lights out' technique during their entrances for, let's say, a year? 

Yeah, black metal ass-kickers and their goth girl acolyte works just fine.

• Like 2

For a second I got crossed up and was picturing Jimmy Hart, not Gary. That was an unusual visual.

Has anyone mentioned the bit on BTE where JD Drake explains Bowling to Ryan Nemeth and makes him corpse like three times? Because that was good.

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

so AEW is running a basketball challenge event within minutes of my house

(and it's not the closest HS to the site of the March 22nd Dynamite either)

Wow, literally 5 minutes from my old house. About 30 from my current one, but still tempted to check it out.

The wording of the press release is unintentionally hilarious since there are 4 public high schools in Independence and it keeps referring to "Independence's local high school". Although I don't think most of them are consistently good enough in sports to really have heated rivalries.

On 3/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, Matt D said:

Ok, so past Wardlow vs Hobbs, they're also running back Cassidy vs Lethal. They're still cowards for not running Cassidy vs Jarrett. Great interaction between those two at the PPV.

Edit: they added JAS (Jericho/Sammy/Garcia) vs Fox/Top Flight, a fresh match.

No longer cowards!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Octopus said:

Yes, the shortened ‘Bud’ Murphy would be much more terrifying.

You know who can't wait for the Acclaimed (I'm guessing Daddy Ass as the 3rd man) feuding with the House of Black? This guy. Caster is going ETHER him. I think I got a sneak preview:

"Yeah we got Buddy Matthews....the only reason his career is even alive is simply,

is only because he's dating Rhea Ripley,

No, with all those muscles he ain't no average Jim,

But how is it his girlfriend still looks tougher than him?"

Matthews might try to put that motherfucker through the mat. We might see a live death on TBS or TNT.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You know who can't wait for the Acclaimed (I'm guessing Daddy Ass as the 3rd man) feuding with the House of Black? This guy. Caster is going ETHER him. I think I got a sneak preview:

"Yeah we got Buddy Matthews....the only reason his career is even alive is simply,

Matthews might try to put that motherfucker through the mat. We might see a live death on TBS or TNT.

"Buddy Matthews? Whose man's is this?

Ain't been the same since he lost his moment of Bliss!"

"Murdering goths, but still got an alibi,

No one's afraid of a dude named Malakai!"

Qnd then he conveniently skips over Brody King because he doesn't have a death wish...

Also, if Gary Hart were alive you could imply that Julia is his grand-niece or some shit. "The evil runs strong in this family!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Nah, we can get Goth Phase part 2!

https://youtu.be/_roALEXFv_k

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AxB said:

For a second I got crossed up and was picturing Jimmy Hart, not Gary. That was an unusual visual.

Has anyone mentioned the bit on BTE where JD Drake explains Bowling to Ryan Nemeth and makes him corpse like three times? Because that was good.

Hey, I always get crossed up and read DC Drake whenever someone mentions JD Drake here.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tbarrie said:

You should have realized Cassidy vs Jarrett was too big a match to just throw out there with no real build.

I saw a quote for JJ about all the different styles of wrestling AEW has to offer Lucha, Strong Style, ect and he mentioned American Showmanship, I was thinking that had to be a reference to Danhausen and OC

• Like 1

I was trying to think of the last AEW match I was looking forward to as much as Jarrett vs Cassidy but then I realized it was probably either Danielson vs RUSH or Joe vs Darby III so it's not like it was all that long ago regardless.

• Like 5