DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 Wrestling Discussion

It's like how Ringo Starr was nice enough to respond to fan-mail up until a few years ago when he realized all the autographed stuff he was sending people would just wind up on eBay, so now he only does autographs for charity auctions

Stars at a certain level should probably adopt the same policy

well if Jake Paul wasn't able to pay a bill to the SEC, he could have ended up working a WWE show with Logan to get the money

The Securities and Exchange Commission charged crypto entrepreneur Justin Sun, and three of his companies including digital asset network company Tron Foundation Limited, for the unregistered offer and sale of two “crypto asset securities," while also accusing eight celebrities of violating securities laws in touting related tokens.

(..)

The agency also charged eight celebrities for “illegally touting” TRX and BTT without disclosing that they were being paid. Those celebrities include actress Lindsay Lohan, media personality Jake Paul, rapper DeAndre Cortez Way or Soulja Boy, singer Austin Mahone and four others.  

The SEC said the celebrities, except for Cortez Way and Mahone, agreed to pay $400,000 in disgorgement, interest and penalties to settle the charges without admitting or denying the SEC’s findings.  

LOL at the 'Austin Mahone' misspelling. It took me a good 3-4 reads to realize they meant Post. 

Re: Rey/Rhea - that is horrendous. I mean, just gross. The most bottom of the bottom of the barrel fans, that make me feel nothing but embarrassment and shame for them, that they obviously are incapable of feeling themselves (but really, truly should). The Indian marks who comment "Send bobs" on the ladies' socials are less fucking embarrassing than these guys. The Rey video was really bad, but man, reading Ripley's account in that USA article is actually kinda unsettling. Take wrestling, or the idea of fame for any reason, out of it for a moment; five grown men chased a woman down a flight of stairs and cornered her in an airport. What. The. Fuck.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
I said something untrue about Soulja boy and regret the error
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, matt925 said:

There was recently a woman wrestler whose name escapes me who got in trouble for having a gun on her. This is a great example as to why said wrestler was carrying a gun.

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

Speaking of Alexa Bliss,

Reveal hidden contents

she was one of the contestants tonight on Masked Singer, but got voted off after her first appearance.  So that at least partly explains why she's been off TV for the past few weeks.

if only the Brayverse was still going, then we could have

Spoiler

Bray's wacky side characters taunt Alexa over her stint on the Masked Singer

And if I understand the Sonya story correctly, her weapon is licensed in Florida but it was found in her car's glove compartment at a hotel/convention in New Jersey. 

It's amazing, to my memory, one of these airport stalkers hasn't been assaulted yet by a celebrity, be it wrestler or otherwise. 

46 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And if I understand the Sonya story correctly, her weapon is licensed in Florida but it was found in her car's glove compartment at a hotel/convention in New Jersey. 

It's amazing, to my memory, one of these airport stalkers hasn't been assaulted yet by a celebrity, be it wrestler or otherwise. 

I was gonna say...I dunno if you want to be fighting in an airport. That seems like a legal mess that you don't want to be involved with and possibly being banned from boarding flights. That's probably why. It's also why wackos feels safe stalking people there (see TMZ).

so I was watching Brian Zane’s review of WrestleMania 13 and I realized I’ve never watched Bret/Austin before. Yeah, yeah, I know. But that leads me to an interesting topic: what are some matches that people consider classics and/or required viewing that you’ve never seen? Or don’t want to because of someone involved?

I’ve also never watched the Razor/HBK ladder match or the Iron Man match between Bret/Shawn (or the Montreal Screwjob outside of clips).

On 3/22/2023 at 9:16 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable tweet and/or radio segment from Bubba Dumb Dudley about how Rhea's in the wrong. He was one of the ones who attacked Sasha Banks over the same late night airport nonsense. 

I love Sasha/Mercedes as much as anyone but She already has a reputation for being rude to fans so you can't blame him for attacking her. Rhea doesn't have that reputation and I think Bubba and his peers are fans of her work as far as I know. Sasha is held in the highest regard as a worker but even her biggest fans within the business have no issues acknowledging her track record with fans even though she probably has the most creepiest and obsessive fans of all the women in the industry overall 

5 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I love Sasha/Mercedes as much as anyone but She already has a reputation for being rude to fans so you can't blame him for attacking her. Rhea doesn't have that reputation and I think Bubba and his peers are fans of her work as far as I know. Sasha is held in the highest regard as a worker but even her biggest fans within the business have no issues acknowledging her track record with fans even though she probably has the most creepiest and obsessive fans of all the women in the industry overall 

For every "she wasn't nice to me!"  there are literally thousands of people on social media who are posting "Met Sasha yesterday at XYZ! She was so awesome!"  so I think it's all nonsense and neckbeards need to get a life. 

• Like 3