DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 Wrestling Discussion

37 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

My favorite Adam Cole match in WWE was when him and Pat McAfee finally had their one-on-one because it forced Cole out of his "30 minutes of even-steven and 2.9 kickouts" formula and both competitors looked like absolute stars. 

I thought I heard too that they didn't go over much of the match beforehand which is why I'd consider him better than Logan Paul,  not that I'm not impressed by him but the fact that they'd trust him to work on the fly is more impressive to me especially as an outsider

Did I miss the discussion of WWE workers finally standing up to professional autograph airport stalkers after video got out of Rey being harassed a couple weeks ago?  I keep seeing stories on FB about various talent saying “enough already.” 

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Did I miss the discussion of WWE workers finally standing up to professional autograph airport stalkers after video got out of Rey being harassed a couple weeks ago?  I keep seeing stories on FB about various talent saying “enough already.” 

Rhea tweeted last week that she had a really bad experience and I guess someone followed her out of the airport, which resulted in a bunch of shitty takes like mark madden saying that’s part of your job and I think that’s what all the back and forth was about. Reasonable people vs psychos. 

11 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Rhea tweeted last week that she had a really bad experience and I guess someone followed her out of the airport, which resulted in a bunch of shitty takes like mark madden saying that’s part of your job and I think that’s what all the back and forth was about. Reasonable people vs psychos. 

Rhea said she would only sign pictures that are of her and the person so seemingly some neck beard probably asked her to sign his junk or something else just as stupid.

1 minute ago, matt925 said:

Reasonable people vs psychos. 

That about sums up the last decade on this planet all around, unfortunately. This ought to be used as the new 'Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object.'

Once again, the psycho few ruin things for the reasonable many. 

The last few run-ins I've had with current workers, maybe its just my perception, but I felt like I could sense palpable relief that we weren't shoving sharpies and toys and shit in their faces, or following them around or anything. Hell, I was recently on an escalator with Hook and Anthony Bowens, and they both seemed genuinely confused when we got to the bottom and I was like 'Take it easy, fellas' and walked the opposite way - kinda sad, really

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FourPostMassacre said:

Rhea said she would only sign pictures that are of her and the person so seemingly some neck beard probably asked her to sign his junk or something else just as stupid.

Nah, I just figured someone was waiting for her with like 10 action figures for her to sign. Obviously a reseller/dealer.

• Like 1

It's like how Ringo Starr was nice enough to respond to fan-mail up until a few years ago when he realized all the autographed stuff he was sending people would just wind up on eBay, so now he only does autographs for charity auctions

Stars at a certain level should probably adopt the same policy

well if Jake Paul wasn't able to pay a bill to the SEC, he could have ended up working a WWE show with Logan to get the money

The Securities and Exchange Commission charged crypto entrepreneur Justin Sun, and three of his companies including digital asset network company Tron Foundation Limited, for the unregistered offer and sale of two “crypto asset securities," while also accusing eight celebrities of violating securities laws in touting related tokens.

(..)

The agency also charged eight celebrities for “illegally touting” TRX and BTT without disclosing that they were being paid. Those celebrities include actress Lindsay Lohan, media personality Jake Paul, rapper DeAndre Cortez Way or Soulja Boy, singer Austin Mahone and four others.  

The SEC said the celebrities, except for Cortez Way and Mahone, agreed to pay $400,000 in disgorgement, interest and penalties to settle the charges without admitting or denying the SEC’s findings.  

LOL at the 'Austin Mahone' misspelling. It took me a good 3-4 reads to realize they meant Post. 

Re: Rey/Rhea - that is horrendous. I mean, just gross. The most bottom of the bottom of the barrel fans, that make me feel nothing but embarrassment and shame for them, that they obviously are incapable of feeling themselves (but really, truly should). The Indian marks who comment "Send bobs" on the ladies' socials are less fucking embarrassing than these guys. The Rey video was really bad, but man, reading Ripley's account in that USA article is actually kinda unsettling. Take wrestling, or the idea of fame for any reason, out of it for a moment; five grown men chased a woman down a flight of stairs and cornered her in an airport. What. The. Fuck.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
I said something untrue about Soulja boy and regret the error
  • Like 1