DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 Wrestling Discussion

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Dax said on his podcast that they could get their release from WWE as long as they signed over the rights to The Revival and Shatter Machine.  Otherwise they would have been with the company longer due to Cash having to make up for the time when he was injured.  He didn't seem too happy with doing that but they were so desperate to leave WWE that they'd do whatever as long as they were free.  As for others such as Malakai I don't know.

I think surrendering "No Flips, Just Fists" was part of the agreement to let Dax and Cash leave WWE as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Dax said on his podcast that they could get their release from WWE as long as they signed over the rights to The Revival and Shatter Machine.  Otherwise they would have been with the company longer due to Cash having to make up for the time when he was injured.  He didn't seem too happy with doing that but they were so desperate to leave WWE that they'd do whatever as long as they were free.  As for others such as Malakai I don't know.

This is one of the many reasons why I cannot even begin to comprehend how they would consider going back there. He talks multiple times about the shit ton of money they were offered to stay and how it wasn’t worth it and how miserable they were there, it’s nonsensical to me. And before anyone brings up CODY; apples meet oranges.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Dax strikes me as a guy that still hasn’t found what he’s looking for, professionally. I hope he does one day.

I think he wants total control over their booking and won’t be happy unless they are portrayed in exactly the light he believes they should be. 

Maybe an unfair comparison, but if FTR come around a few years earlier, are they Damian Wayne and Mike Booth and not the beloved descendants of Mid Atlantic Wrestling and Old School values?

(Not a criticism of any of the four guys)

3 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

I don't need Chris Hero singing "If I were a rich man" for 8 hours straight just to prove a point, thank you very much

But I bet he could NAIL Topol's dance for "Tradition".

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2023 at 2:52 PM, odessasteps said:

Maybe an unfair comparison, but if FTR come around a few years earlier, are they Damian Wayne and Mike Booth and not the beloved descendants of Mid Atlantic Wrestling and Old School values?

(Not a criticism of any of the four guys)

They would've been a super hot indy act, possibly with some time in Impact and NJ, before debuting in HHH-era NXT with more fanfare.

24 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Backlash will be heading to Puerto Rico on May 6th and the show will be hosted by Bad Bunny

https://www.wwe.com/article/bad-bunny-host-backlash-san-juan-puerto-rico-may-6-2023

Still weird when Variety covers these announcements

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/bad-bunny-host-wwe-backlash-live-puerto-rico-1235546644/

They dropped the WrestleMania part for Backlash.  Seems no June Hell in a Cell PLE, wonder if Triple H drops the red Hell in a Cell look and slap the match type on any other PLE going forward. Summerslam is back in Aug

Some days ago, Heyman debunked the Rock at WM 39 news. The Rock was and is busy with his failing projects. So WM 40 it is for the Rock.