DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE!- 3/1/2023!

DEAN

13 hours ago, Greggulator said:

2) That Mox promo was a banger but it also (maybe just on my TV?) felt a little echoey being in that hallway. Maybe it was just me. But man, if it was echoey, just have him do that promo in a place where it isn’t going to have reverb. Either way, that feud rules. Maybe my favorite AEW feud to date.

I think they did the Mox thing to "capture the moment" cinema verite style. I thought it was a nice touch to match his character. Page also had sound problems being under that weird construction awning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

They're building to the Best Friends turning on Orange and Danhausen aren't they?

11 hours ago, porksweats said:

Definitely.

I hope they run an entire 'dissension' angle, only for all four of them to come out at the end with a returning Statlander in jumpsuits that say 'We're - Never - Gonna - Break - Up' ala Anthrax after the post-9/11 mail scare

anthraxwncon.jpg

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Actually, in all seriousness, maybe instead of a breakup we're building toward Stat returning and telling the boys to refocus, get serious, get mean, all the classic football coach platitudes
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

They're building to the Best Friends turning on Orange and Danhausen aren't they?

This is probably an irrational take, but that might make me quit watching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

However, I do think Chuck and Trent would get pushed more if they were able to let their personalities off screen come out on screen more. They're both a little deer in headlights-ish when the camera is on. It's like having a naturally very funny friend who can't even do an open mic. Sucks to watch.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

However, I do think Chuck and Trent would get pushed more if they were able to let their personalities off screen come out on screen more. They're both a little deer in headlights-ish when the camera is on. It's like having a naturally very funny friend who can't even do an open mic. Sucks to watch.

I believe they refer to that as "Brad Armstrong syndrome"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'd welcome a Chuck Taylor heel turn. I only saw the young Chuck Taylor from a sideglance, but what I saw was a captivating brash young heel. Some motivation and freshening up wouldn't be the worst idea. Maybe without a turn on Trent. Just a move over to the new ROH show, and with a salty attitude. I'd also welcome a Trent miracle run to and with the TNT title. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

How many hearts and souls does this company have? I've seen people widely use the same label for Moxley and the Elite and Hangman. They can't all be the hearts and souls!

I completely get your POV, but at the same time, I think that's kind of what makes it a special roster. 

Weird comparison, but think about the period in late '99- early '00 where Steve Austin was injured - an argument could reasonably be made for at least 5 people being the 'heart and soul' of the WWF in that period (the correct answer is Mick Foley, but the argument's there).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

. I'd also welcome a Trent miracle run to and with the TNT title. 

I'll second this - as mentioned earlier, I in no way, shape, or form want this team to split, but Trent's singles match with Takeshita on Rampage a while ago was pretty f'n next level. You could even do a thing where he has to reluctantly challenge OC for the AA title - Renee or Tony S. informs them after a match that he's now #1 contender, and they both sell it as a 'Man, I don't wanna have to do this, but...' thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I figured Miro was the heart of the promotion.  Isn’t that why Tony took him to an undisclosed location and buried him? Can’t kill the body if you can’t find its heart?  Tony probably got the idea from reading comic books.

It was a Death of Superman reference, but no one got it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I really enjoyed the Opener. Love that Big ole sumbitch named Bill being managed by Fred Hampton's mini me. Also thought Hook v Hardy was great. I maintain that Matt is one of the best workers and knowing exactly what he can and can't do and working within his limits. In and era where everyone wants to go long and be "epic" he's become the master of the TV match, first show with a Promo for a main event right?

• Like 1