DVDVR Message Board

WrestleZAYNia XXXIX - 4/1 & 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

The Show.  The Road ends here.  

WrestleMania Goes Hollywood!  Again!  

THE CARD ... SO FAR! ***

SATURDAY APRIL 1

FOR THE UNDISPUTED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Usos (c) vs. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Charlotte (c) vs. Rhea Ripley

** FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena

WRESTLEMANIA SHOWCASE FATAL FOUR WAY MEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH - Strocochet Express vs. The Viking Raiders vs. The Street Profits (Dawkins / Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Gable / Otis)

Becky Lynch / Trish Stratus / Lita vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley / Sky / Kai)

Seth F. Rollins vs. Logan Paul

Rey Mysterio vs. Dominick Mysterio

SATURDAY APRIL 2

FOR THE UNDISPUTED WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bianca Bel Air (c) vs. Asuka

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - GUNTHER (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre

HELL IN A CELL MATCH - Edge vs. The Demon Finn Balor

WRESTLEMANIA SHOWCASE FATAL FOUR WAY WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH - Liv Morgan / Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya / Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey / Shayna Baszler vs. A Tale of Two Karens (Deville / Green)

Brock Lesnar vs. Omos

NIGHT TBD

THE BOBBY LASHLEY INVITATIONAL OPEN CHALLENGE

--

** - Will open the main show

*** - Match placement per announcements on 3/30 ESPN First Take 

Current reporting is there will be no Andre/Women's Battle Royales, also the card will be "smaller".  We'll see.

* Bray Wyatt vs. Bobby Lashley  - Lashley/Wyatt has been scrapped.  Bray has an undisclosed illness.

#Adrenaline, in my soul.

#Cody Rhodes top of the world.

I see Cody Rhodes ending the long WWE Undisputed Championship reign of Roman Reigns on the biggest stage there is, WrestleMania. That main events Night 2. Most anticipated match on the show.

Night 1 should be Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens ending the long WWE Tag Team Championship run of the Usos in the main event. Second biggest match of WrestleMania XXXIX. We haven't had a tag match go on last since the first WrestleMania. Sorry, Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair.

• Like 1

I sort of want them to kick the rumored Owens/Zayn vs. Usos match down the road a bit and run Jey/Sami vs. Solo/Jimmy at WM.  Jey does his “Crow Jey” thing for a month or so, then agrees to team with Sami at WM.  Match closes night one and ends with Jey turning on Sami.  Bloodline reunite,  Owens runs in to save Sami and the KO/Sami team finally reunites.  You run Sami/KO vs. the Usos at the next ppv or hold it for later in Spring.

Upside is that you get Elimination Chamber-level heat for another B-level ppv.  Downside is that Sami fans may riot.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Isn't Cody's whole thing wanting to win the title at Madison Square Garden

Well the next MSG show after the pre-Mania show is the annual post Christmas house show.  

So, if he wins it, it's probably not at MSG. 

Why would anyone assume Theory is winning? The special attraction part-timers and celebrities almost always win these matches. Theory lost to McAfee last year.

Give me the Cena money line.

So Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre on Smackdown Live next week, winner faces GUNTHER for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania. I'm game for both. I think it'll be a triple threat at WrestleMania. If not, GUNTHER vs. Sheamus in the rematch of my MOTY last year at Clash of the Castle.

If it's a Triple Threat, you can take the title of GUNTHER protecting him.

If it's GUNTHER vs. Sheamus, you run the MOTY back on the biggest stage. Does Sheamus win the WWE Intercontinental Championship, the missing championship in his collection? Do you keep it on GUNTHER to keep him on track to break the Honky Tonk Man's record as the endgame?

• Like 2

I’m 100% in favor of Rhea beating Charlotte, but the more I think about who is she going to feud with after that? The Smackdown women’s roster (especially the face side) is weak. This is who she’d have to feud with:

Aliyah

Emma

Liv Morgan

Natalya

Raquel Rodriguez (this is the only really interesting one I see)

Shotzi

Tegan Nox

Zelina Vega 

41 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I’m 100% in favor of Rhea beating Charlotte, but the more I think about who is she going to feud with after that? The Smackdown women’s roster (especially the face side) is weak. This is who she’d have to feud with:

Aliyah

Emma

Liv Morgan

Natalya

Shotzi

Tegan Nox

Zelina Vega 

Alternative is switch someone from RAW to Smackdown. Rhea Ripley has to take the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship from Charlotte Flair. Bullshit Rhea jobbed to Charlotte at WrestleMania XXXVI losing the NXT Women's Championship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Alternative is switch someone from RAW to Smackdown. Rhea Ripley has to take the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship from Charlotte Flair. Bullshit Rhea jobbed to Charlotte at WrestleMania XXXVI losing the NXT Women's Championship.

Oh I fully agree. I was just surprised by how bad the list of potential opponents is (unless they put the NXT belt on Tiffany and call up Roxanne after Stand and Deliver). If they were to move someone from Raw I’d be in favor of Damage Control turning on Bayley and moving her to Smackdown as a face again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LF2 said:

Aliyah

Emma

Liv Morgan

Natalya

Shotzi

Tegan Nox

Zelina Vega 

I'm pretty sure sure see some switches post Wrestlemania. Even with the list there you could arguably build to interesting matches with half of them. The problem is more HHH's main roster booking for women has just not been giving them much momentum to work with. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LF2 said:

What??? (And god help us all if it’s a promo segment. Dueling what and Yeah chants would get annoying super fast).

All I know is, if the edible hits at the right moment, this will be the funniest segment in Wrestlemania history.  

Knight better be working on an absolutely ridiculous sell of the stunner.  

• Thanks 3