DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also discovered yesterday that I am probably never gonna get to rank 8 since it requires raid completions

Just like I did. Again it feels weird they have raids as a requirement before GMs. 

So I decided last night to fire up my Warlock to do IB

Played 3 matches only to realize that they weren't counting towards the pinnacle

So I had to do the Lightfall opening campaign then they started counting

Did three more matches and the two pinnacles (the weekly crucible and the first IB one) were worthless weapons (All my weapons are at 1800 - I need the drops to be armor)

Not sure if I am going to bother grinding the rest of the IB pinnacles since I also don't have Strand available to me

I keep forgetting Ada sells shaders now - stumbled by today for reasons I don't remember and she had an old Dead Orbit shader that I had never gotten

I also discovered that you can acquire the legacy IB gear if you don't have it (It just costs more - 4 engrams instead of 1)

My confusion stemmed from Bungie's wording when they first announced it since they were all "You must have acquired it already"

That is nice because I was missing the helmet for my Warlock on one set

And didn't have any pieces from the other

The plan seem to be for them to gradually introduce past gear for decoding. The gear they were talking about needing beforehand are weapons. Those are being reintroduced with new perks so they want people to have had them already or earn the latest versions in new seasons. With armor they are just there to decode though extra expensive if its for the first time.

I won't get home till around 8 pm tonight so I am not even sure I will get to play today so I am going to have to be extra cautious to avoid spoilers (assuming the season event wraps up today)

It does seem like it ends this week as Esoterick posted the closing video (or at least I think that's what it was)

Fortunately - he uses somewhat generic images so nothing was spoiled for me

• Like 1

So

Spoiler

the questline ends more on a strange but strong epilogue note with Reddick and Mara Sov's voice actress delivering some of their strongest performances in Destiny. Like damn do both hit so hard with the feels. Crow's VA is doing pretty good as well. Despite this week ending the questline we still have at least one radio transmission left in triumphs which makes me think we get something else either next week or at the end of the season like we did with Seraph. Just not sure it will be an actual mission or small story event.

As much as I want it I am thinking more and more we don't get an Amanda return as a guardian. Still hoping I'm wrong there as I would kind of love to see her take over the Hunter Vanguard spot instead of Crow.

I guess they decided they cranked up the difficulty too much because in the patch notes they released

Neomuna Freeroam

Reduced the prevalence of elite (orange healthbar) enemies to lower the base difficulty of Freeroam.

Difficulty

Combatant health scaling for two- and three-player fireteams reduced in the Season 20 Legendary Exotic mission.
Reduced enemy health in Legend- and Master-tier Nightfalls, Battlegrounds, Lost Sectors, Offensives, Hunts, and Legend/Master campaign missions.

They also completely nuked Commendations (at least when tied to rank and rewards)

Reduced the Commendation score required for Guardian Ranks 7, 8, and 9:
Rank 7 is now 100 (was 460).
Rank 8 is now 250 (was 790).
Rank 9 is now 500 (was 1290).
Removed Guardian Rank objectives that require players to give Commendations from Ranks 7, 8, and 9.
Reduced the number of Commendations required for Hawthorne's weekly challenge from 20 to 5.

I am guessing more will be explained in the TWAB

Huh, didn't realize exotics in Lost sectors was such a hot button topic with the D2 community. Maybe its because I have rarely farmed them the past few years, but most of the time I ran a legend or master solo I got an exotic. What's more it seemed to be weighted towards me getting exotics I didn't already have. Probably helps that I do it more for the seasonal quest completion than looking for anything specific. Still I tend to see so many random drops each season that I never really felt the need to farm. I have deleted a lot good drops of stuff I don't use or already had good versions of. 

So I guess the Avalon/Vexcalibur quest actually updated into the game early when it originally did seeing as I only now just got it pushed out to me at the HELM as a quest after semi ignoring it for so long.

Edit: There is something amusing in getting an IB weapon that has both Iron Reach and Grip. 

Edited by Eivion

Apparently Threshers were always overpowered even before Lightfall because there were few and they were designed to count Vanguard tanks. Lightfall's scaling and increased encounters just made them worse which I somewhat figured. 

We are getting Exotic decoding. I'm mostly happy for this since it gives me another way to get rid of Ascendant Shards. Once I found armor I liked I found myself rarely using and mostly just using or discarding some so I could finish the armor seasonal quest and continue on in vendor rank advancement. 

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/reflecting-on-lightfall

Here is the full article on everything

It is nice they acknowledged that the story wasn't what it should have been

But as Datto pointed out - they fact they make no mention of the raid at all should tell you everything you should know about how they feel the raid should be going forward

Well I will spend another day IB grinding despite everyone hating it this time.

I mean Eruption really does suck but I need pinnacles

Still I do enjoy all the folks who were all GET IMMORTAL! IT WILL BE THE GREATEST WEAPON EVER!!!! now upset that everyone has it and is using it

I managed to get all of my IB pinnacles and reset my rank. Interestingly enough I think Fortress has surprisingly made me better at Eruption as the former upped how well I was doing in the aggressive role. 

The returning Jorum's Claw pulse rifle was pretty solid.

The cowboy cloak/hat combo from Spire has probably ruined me a bit as I can't help but bust out a handcannon of some sort whenever I do IB or Crucible in general. Not that I didn't use them before, but now I alway have at least one on me instead of switching up more. Still not doing too bad with the one Aztecross affectionately calls the Choad and the Last Word. Even used them as a combo half the time. 

Surprisingly didn't run into many Immortals.

Managed to do the Vexcalibur quest finally with a team of randos. Was not too bad though I can see why it was so terrible on Legend for people. When enemies are around there are a plenty, and the knock off parts from moving landscape was annoying. Trying to decide If I will do the quest again or even bother with Legend for the catalyst. Its not exactly like I will use the weapon all that much. 

Caught Aztecross's yt vid of running Gambit. I continue to love how much streamers hate playing Gambit.

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Surprisingly didn't run into many Immortals.

Neither did I - I partly think for me it was because due to SBMM, I wasn't paired up against too many folks who grind Trials

Caught Aztecross's yt vid of running Gambit. I continue to love how much streamers hate playing Gambit.

My favorite part of it was all the comments on the video being all "Thank you for such a positive Gambit video!"

Apparently people have started playing Gambit somewhat unironically because they are grinding for Trust and something else (I am spacing on the weapon.) Granted this was because they didn't want to play IB (which is part of why I made my first post)

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My favorite part of it was all the comments on the video being all "Thank you for such a positive Gambit video!"

Apparently people have started playing Gambit somewhat unironically because they are grinding for Trust and something else (I am spacing on the weapon.) Granted this was because they didn't want to play IB (which is part of why I made my first post)

Trust is another solid PvP handcannon that I wish was as useful in PvE. Was surprised Aztecross didn't mention it during the vid. Albruna was one of the weapons he mentioned people seek out because it has massive and good perk pool. With the sniper buff coming it might be worth using in PvE. Does Servant Leader still drop or do you have to decode it? If its the former then I can see people running Gambit for it as its solid in PvE and PvP.