DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Had a feeling IB would be broken down like that. I'm ok with it though I may avoid Eruption week. They were smart to push Fortress to last if only because I probably wouldn't even bother with the third week otherwise since I should hit max power before then. 

Bungie really is sneaky smart because I am seriously debating buying one of those campaign skips for one of my other characters because there is no way I am going to redo the campaign again on both my Warlock AND Hunter

according to his bungie.net profile, he was playing Lightfall the night before he died. He was about an hour or so away from completing the campaign too (he was into Chapter 3 but it’s not completed)

• Sad 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, Eivion said:

Just saw a bunch of players just sitting and standing around Zavala. Hope Bungie gives Reddick a nice tribute when they get the chance. 

I suspect that Lance will get an emblem in his honor not terribly unlike influential members of the community who have passed away.

As for the issue of re-casting Zavala, I'm guessing that Bungie will go the way of Wakanda Forever and give Zavala the proper warrior's demise he deserves.  They should also promote Saint-14 to Titan Vanguard and *sigh* give the Hunter Vanguard job to Crow so that you still have the one race / one class representation the game used to have.

I hate myself for suggesting that.

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I suspect that Lance will get an emblem in his honor not terribly unlike influential members of the community who have passed away.

As for the issue of re-casting Zavala, I'm guessing that Bungie will go the way of Wakanda Forever and give Zavala the proper warrior's demise he deserves.  They should also promote Saint-14 to Titan Vanguard and *sigh* give the Hunter Vanguard job to Crow so that you still have the one race / one class representation the game used to have.

I hate myself for suggesting that.

Its interesting since Reddick was aware of where they were going with Zavala as he asked a while back on how his story might end. Curious if they keep on that road or if his death forces them to change it. I definitely don't want him recast. Saint as the Titan Vanguard leader is a nice option. As for Crow...maybe. 

Finally got Vexcalibur over the weekend

It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be

A little rough in the middle because of the guys in my Fireteam had no idea how the mechanics worked (it was clear the other guy had done it before and I had watched a few videos so I knew the mechanics) because he kept ignoring collecting motes to deposit so we would hit that last wave and constantly not get enough deposited. Finally me and the other guy both had the same idea and we both popped our supers to kill everything and have plenty of motes with time to spare.

I was laughing because even my wife recognized the return of Brackion (granted the line "AND IT IS NOT A METAPHOR!" is burned in her brain as much as it is mine)

• Haha 2

On 3/6/2023 at 3:47 AM, Eivion said:

Did end up running Lake of Shadows. I like the update. Seems like its no longer tied to the open EDZ and you can't sparrow through. It actually uses a bit of Witchqueen public event we saw with the Scorn. Enemies are half Taken/half Shadow Legion. The boss is the same though there is second that you fight early on in the strike. I can definitely see it being more challenging come nightfall time, especially the GM. 

I finally, almost three weeks in, got the redone Lake of Shadows

Adding Threshers was just a dick move

• Like 1

I have reached the point where the only thing I need to hit rank 7 is the Lost Sector stuff

I tried to do some yesterday and today and I am just still too squishy (I am 1810 when counting artifact power)

I have a feeling I won't be rank 7 until Bungie moves the Lost Sector requirement

But yeah - clearly commendation system is the hot issue since Fallout, Datto and Cross have all done videos on it recently (though Cross' was part of a larger video about the ranks in general)

I always do story first so hopefully things are fixed by the time I do IB later tonight. 

Speaking of story, they went where I was expecting and where at least half of the community thought they were too cowardly to pull.

Spoiler

The way the seasonal story was playing out made it too obvious Holiday was finally dying. Now I'm just curious if she stays dead or becomes a guardian. The reaction from Zavala was just so sad. Hope we hear more from him. Reddick is always so damn good, and I just want hear more of his voice given his recent passing.

Motherfuckers

I knew something had to be up when Byf tweeted he was changing his video schedule this week due to needing to do a video about today.

I shouldn't have been surprised by it and it feels fairly obvious in hindsight but

Motherfuckers

• Like 1

I tried to go Flawless for once. Never got passed 2-3 wins even with Mercy. Decided to just wait to get my Immortal. The gun ddn;t feel super oppressive whenever I went up against it, but maybe I just wasn't facing people who knew how to properly use it. The Target Lock version can take out people in a Well going off of Cross and Lucky's vids. Its kind of rare to see PvP streamers all agree on something being too good it needs a nerf. 

Wonder how bad Threshers got nerfed. Its weird but I kind of enjoyed the hell they were putting players to as way too many of us try to ignore large war vehicles that are trying to kill us. My first Nightfall this week went terrible because of the idiots in my party ignoring such things and treating it like the old Arms Dealer strike. 

Speaking of I like the updated version though I suspect I will hate it at higher levels due to the strength of turrets. The opening to the final boss battle in particular was such a dick move tp unsuspecting players. 

It amazes me in general how many people just ignore turrets everywhere

Like in Terminal Overload - people just try to charge on by them and then wonder what killed them

• Like 1

Got my rank up. The glow and extra jump feature is nice. Looks like they kept loadouts locked behind the Solo Legend lost sector flawless triumph which is kind of a dick move. Another dick move which annoys me more is locking extra Cayde-6 memorial messages out via Guardian Ranks. That was a weird decision that deserves a finger. Feels wrong to lock people out of that kind of lore/story.

Looking at requirements for the next rank it looks like 7 is as high as I will go like I figured. You need to beat raids to rank up to 8. I find that questionable considering raid mechanics are more difficult to deal with than enemy combat in things like GMs which I assume are in the higher ranks. Feels like they should have switched those two. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It amazes me in general how many people just ignore turrets everywhere

Like in Terminal Overload - people just try to charge on by them and then wonder what killed them

Yeah people are just so damn stupid with how they choose to ignore turrets. These things could tear you apart even before Lightfall. Why do people think they won;t do so even more now.

Edited by Eivion

Running IB reminds me of why PvP frustrates me so much as so of my hit detection is just clearly off even when things aren't lagging. DMT in particular is just fucked half the time even with shots that blatantly hit. 

Edited by Eivion