DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Okay, look... If you had told me at the beginning of the season that it was gonna be weird, I'd say... Eh. 

But.... The Warriors out of the playoff seeds and Sacramento as current Western 3?  Lord.  

Well here we go again...

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The Bulls are giving up on the season and shutting down Lonzo Ball to deal with lingering injuries.  They're also waiving Tony Bradley to sign Patrick Beverley.

I'm not exactly a Bulls fan or anything, or for that matter a fan of his family, but damn were they not a different team for a while there with him on the floor.  It really sucks that things are turning out this way for him.

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay, look... If you had told me at the beginning of the season that it was gonna be weird, I'd say... Eh. 

But.... The Warriors out of the playoff seeds and Sacramento as current Western 3?  Lord.  

Well here we go again...

To make it even stranger, the Warriors intended starting lineup (Steph/Poole/Klay/Dray/Looney) has been by far the best five man unit (minimum 300 minutes played together) in the league this year. Outscoring opponents by almost 22 points per 100 possessions.

Per Shams - Quin Snyder will indeed be the new Hawks coach. The hold up is just that Snyder is currently out of the country.

He and the team have met virtually and the Hawks hope to have the deal finalized "soon"

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

As nuts as a squirrel orgy.  Of course it'd help Philly if they hadn't been 17 down at one point to end up this way...

Turns out they only needed to play three quarters tonight to beat Memphis.

The 176-175 final is the second highest scoring game ever

The Kings and Clippers scored the third- and fourth-most points in a game in NBA history, respectively, trailing only the Detroit Pistons' and Denver Nuggets 186-184 triple-overtime game on Dec. 13, 1983 as most points scored.

That ending was in fucking sane.

Sixers shoot 200 more freethrows then the Celtics (ok, something like 25) but the C's still win thanks to Embiid taking 0.2 seconds too long to hit a 3/4 court shot.

edit: This replaces this game as the craziest finish vs a Harden-team

Edited by SirFozzie

Dallas blew a 27pt lead to lose 111-108 tonight.  Head coach Jason Kidd was asked why he only took one timeout while the lead was slipping away and made sure to let everyone know that the blown lead absolutely wasn't his fault:

"I'm not the savior here. I'm not playing," Kidd said when asked why he used only one timeout in the second and third quarters as the lead was slipping away. "I'm watching, just like you guys."

Good grief.  

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So Dame just dropped 71 on the Rockets...

The breakdown

• Career High
  • Franchise High
  • 8th player to reach 70 points in a game
  • Tied for 8th most points scored in a NBA game
  • 1st player 30 or older to score 70
  • Oldest player to score 70 (32 years old)
  • Tied for most points in a game this season 
  • 13 3 pointers was one shy of the NBA record for a single game
  • 5th career 60 point game (only two players have more - Wilt and Kobe)
  • Got drug tested after the game (confirmed by Dame himself)
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The breakdown

• Career High
  • Franchise High
  • 8th player to reach 70 points in a game
  • Tied for 8th most points scored in a NBA game
  • 1st player 30 or older to score 70
  • Oldest player to score 70 (32 years old)
  • Tied for most points in a game this season 
  • 13 3 pointers was one shy of the NBA record for a single game
  • 5th career 60 point game (only two players have more - Wilt and Kobe)
  • Got drug tested after the game (confirmed by Dame himself)

This says more about the Rockets then Dame