DVDVR Message Board

AEW R-EVOLUTION IV - 3/5/2023

Dolfan in NYC

I was going to make a joke about the Cow Palace being torn down, but it apparently still exists? Now that's some California NIMBYism at it's finest.

THE CARD!

ONE HOUR IRONMAN MATCH FOR THE AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - MJF (c) vs. Bryan Danielson 

THREE WAY MATCH FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Jaime Hayter (c) vs. Saraya vs. Ruby Soho

FOR THE TNT CHAMPIONSHIP - Samoa Joe (c) vs. Wardlow 

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE MEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Gunns (Austin/Colten, c) vs. The Acclaimed (Bowens/Caster) vs. Jay Lethal / Jeff Jarrett vs. Danhausen / Orange Cassidy

FOR THE TRIOS WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Elite (M. Jackson / Omega / N. Jackson, c) vs. House of Black (Black / King / Matthews)

TEXAS DEATHMATCH - Jon Moxley vs. Hangman Adam Page 

Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho

* Christian Cage vs. Jungle Boy

---

Based on recent news, I'm assuming the loser of the TX death match will have his power cut off and freeze to death while being told it's his own fault. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I was going to make a joke about the Cow Palace being torn down, but it apparently still exists? Now that's some California NIMBYism at it's finest.

THE CARD!

ONE HOUR IRONMAN MATCH FOR THE AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - MJF (c) vs. Bryan Danielson 

FOR THE TNT CHAMPIONSHIP - Samoa Joe (c) vs. Wardlow 

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE MEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Gunns (Austin/Colten, c) vs. The Acclaimed (Bowens/Caster) vs. 2 teams TBD

TEXAS DEATHMATCH - Jon Moxley vs. Hangman Adam Page 

---

Based on recent news, I'm assuming the loser of the TX death match will have his power cut off and freeze to death while being told it's his own fault. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yikes.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One of the two mystery teams has to be FTR, right?

Supposedly FTR are away from the ring until April. 

So while I still think the Gunns are a way to transition the titles to them, it probably won't be here.

30 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Unless they've re-signed and there are big plans for them, why bring FTR back to TV just to beat them again? They lost three straight on the way out, let it rest. 

I'm working under the assumption that they're sticking around.

• Like 1

They’re at 6951 tickets out right now. I think it will get to 8k just on the sheer momentum of producing an event, but it surely won’t be momentum of hot angles and matches unless these next two dynamites are something else. 

I’ll post about the live experience. This will be my first time at chase and I’m looking forward to the sexy new building. The contrast between chase and the cow palace 5 days before will be something else. 

• Like 2

This show (and AEW in general lately) seems pretty directionless. I still enjoy AEW. And there's still a bunch of good matches every week. But the buzz that had been there, the feeling that most of what was happening was can't miss... that's kinda all gone right now.

It seems like I say this every PPV cycle, but I wish they would start announcing a couple matches more than a week or two out. One of the biggest benefits of only doing 4 PPVs is having time to really advertise and push things and make them seem like gigantic events. You lose all of that by waiting until two weeks is left to announce your matches.

Here's to hoping some big angle is in the works to spark some momentum. I miss how things felt after All Out 2021. Punk was back. Cole & Danielson debuted. The first Grandslam was upon us. How do we get back to THAT excitement level?

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Matches have been great this month, but the overall build up and excitement isn’t there. Not saying they need a Bloodline level story or anything, but Tony has lost some of the magic these last few months. They are trying to differentiate themselves from WWE, which is a good thing, but maybe they are doing so in the wrong way?

The shows are missing something imo. They are definitely missing SOMEONE. 

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 2

Actually sorta thinking about this. Just $10 to get in and watch the festivities. You can drink beer and take pics with the wrestlers. $250 to be the fifth person on one of the 10 wrestlers teams. I wouldn’t do that but I actually think that’s pretty reasonable. And it’s a charitable donation. We’ll see, I asked a friend if he wants to go. 

• Like 4

I would love to do live commentary for the bowling event, only for Jake to grab me from behind by the shoulders and take my microphone.

(From This Side of the Mic, Version 2, Chapter 17)

Sometimes, (my daughter) will come up behind me and give me the Jake Grip, and I'll say, "Ahh! It's Jake the Snake Roberts!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 9:32 PM, zendragon said:

anything that gets Buddy and Kenny in a ring together is good

I didn't even think about that, even with the HOB challenge... that WAS a challenge, right? But yeah, that will be something to look forward to!

• Like 1

AEW Revolution 2023 is 5th of March but it'll go out at 01:00am UK time on the 6th of March. The 6th of March is my birthday. Happy birthday to me, even better if Bryan Danielson wins the AEW World Championship while knowing he won't.

• AEW Revolution 2021 was on my birthday weekend, 7th March at 1am. The 8th UK time.
  • AEW Revolution 2022 was the 6th March as I went to see The Batman with my Dad/Aje but it went out on the 7th UK time at 1am.
  • AEW Revolution 2023 is the 5th of March but will be on my actual birthday as it'll be the 6th UK time at 1am!
  • The 51st Anniversary of NJPW will be on my birthday UK time. IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Kazuchika Okada teams with Hiroshi Tanahashi going for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles in the main event.
  • AEW Elevation and WWE RAW is the 6th of March USA time, the 7th over here. John Cena returns on WWE RAW.
  • MLW Underground debuts on Sky.

Lot of wrestling for my birthday this go round! It's too early in March for WWE PPVs unlike my Sister on the 22nd of January. I've had UFC PPVs either on my actual birthday or my birthday weekend.

• Like 1

Gotta figure Top Flight will be one of the 4-way teams given their recent push. I'm hoping for Claudio/Yuta for the second.

I wouldn't be upset if FTR came back, but I'd really like to see them explore the trios scene when they get back (with Mark Briscoe as faces, or Punk as heels).