DVDVR Message Board

POLL 2/4-2/10/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? Ha!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Alex Hammerstone vs Ortiz- CWFH
    • Danny Limelight vs Eddie Kingston- CWFH
    • Zack Sabre Jr vs Tomohiro Ishii- New Japan World
    • Tatsuyo Naito vs Kenou- New Japan on AXM
    • Matt Cardona vs Joe Hendry- IMPACT!
    • Jordynne Grace vs Steph De Lander- IMPACT!
    • Billie Starkz vs Yuka Sakazaki- AEW Elevation
    • Orange Cassidy/ Trent Barretta/ Chuck Taylor vs Zack Clayton/ Serpentico/ Luther- AEW Elevation
    • Queen Aminati/ Skye Blue/ Madison Rayne/ Hyena Hera vs Nyla Rose/ Diamante/ Marina Shafir/ Emi Sakura- AEW Elevation
    • Ari Daivari/ Tony Neese vs Claudio Castagnoli/ Wheeler Yuta- AEW Elevation
    • Angelo Dawkins vs Damien Priest- RAW
    • Michin Mia Yim vs Piper Niven vs Carmella vs Candice LeRae- RAW
    • Chad Gable/ Otis vs Cedric Alexander/ Shelton Benjamin- RAW
    • Elias vs Montez Ford- RAW
    • Becky Lynch vs Bayley- Cage Match- RAW
    • Serpentico vs Blake Christian- AEW Dark
    • Slim J vs Mascara Dorada- AEW Dark
    • Balliyan Akki vs Rico Gonzalez- AEW Dark
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs EJ Nduka- AEW Dark
    • Zoey Stark vs Sol Ruca- NXT
    • Big Rig Betty/ Haley Swag vs Miami Sweet Heat- WOW
    • JD McDonagh vs Carmelo Hayes- NXT
    • Elton Prince/ Kit Wilson vs Andre Chase/ Duke Hudson- NXT
    • Robyn Renegade/ Charlette Renegade vs Ella Envy/ Roxy- NWA PowerrR
    • MJF vs Konosuke Takeshita- DYNAMITE
    • Dante Martin/ Darius Martin/ AR Fox vs Kenny Omega/ Matt Jackson/ Nick Jackson- DYNAMITE
    • Colton Gunn/ Austin Gunn vs Max Caster/ Anthony Bowens- DYNAMITE
    • RUSH vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE
    • Dr Karonte I/ Enfermero Jr/ Nitro vs Electrico/ Leono/ Oro Jr- CMLL
    • Akuma vs Raider- CMLL
    • Blue Panther/ Dark Panther/ Dulce Gardenia vs El Hijo del Villano III/ Felino/ Felino Jr- CMLL
    • Atlantis Jr/ Panterita del Ring/ Panterita del Ring Jr vs El Sagrado/ Gemelo Diablo I/ Gemelo Diablo II- CMLL
    • Ancham vs Haruka Umesaki- Pro Wrestling WAVE
    • Speedball Mike Bailey vs Raj Singh- IMPACT! BTI
    • Jey Uso/ Jimmy Uso vs Ricochet/ Brawn Strohman- SMACKDOWN
    • Sonya Deville/ Chelsea Green vs Raquel Rodriguez/ Liv Morgan- SMACKDOWN
    • Rey Mysterio vs Madcap Moss vs Karrion Kross vs Santos Escobar- SMACKDOWN
    • Claudio Castagnoli/ Jon Moxley/ Wheeler Yuta vs The Blade/ The Butcher/ Kip Sabian- RAMPAGE
    • Marina Shafir vs Ruby Soho- RAMPAGE
    • Lee Moriarty vs Orange Cassidy- RAMPAGE

It's a perfect 40!  I think I know what I'm voting for- RUSH vs Bryan Danielson.  I'm just baffled as to why Meltzer didn;t give it 5 stars.  Your best WWE match was JD McDonagh vs Cormello Hayes, though I really dug Damien Priest vs Angelo Dawkins.  New Japan BRUNG IT with the Zack Sabre Jr vs Tomohiro Ishii TV title match and the Naito/Kenou match from AXS.  All the CMLL is good.  The best fringe stuff is a.) EDDIE KINGSTON in CWFH against Danny Limelight, b.) the far weirder HAMMERSTONE in CWFH against Ortiz, c.) the TRULY GREAT WOW match between the Mother Truckers and Miami Sweet Heat.  What a great week of wrestling.

• Like 3

Raw had some solid stuff with Becky/Bayley being the standout and damn good. 

NXT was nice with Pretty Deadly vs. Chase U being super damn fun and my favorite match from the show. 

MJF/Takeshita was the most I have enjoyed a Takeshita match in AEW so far. The two had good chemistry, and I dug MJF's focus on the arm. Acclaimed/Gunns was perfectly solid but nothing noteworthy. Can kind of see why some were disappointed with the Acclaimed's loss though it made sense to me with the little I have seen of the story with the Gunns. Its just a pity the Gunns aren't better wrestlers. Bryan/Rush was fantastic and the best I have seen other guy look in AEW so far. Loved the blood/ Loved Rush's dominance and acting like a dick. Bryan sold well and looked great constantly fighting to come back but just falling short nearly every time. 

Smackdown was another show with fun matches. Usos vs. Strowman/Ricochet was another damn good tag. Right now Smackdown might actually have the best tag division in WWE with how often they managed a good-great tag match.

Bryan/Rush is absolutely the best match this week, but as usual I'm not voting for it just to make sure other good-great matches get some love and attention. Right now its between the Smackdown tag titles match and Bayley/Becky for me though I can see things changing once I catch some lucha, NJPW, and maybe Rampage. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Bryan/Rush is absolutely the best match this week, but as usual I'm not voting for it just to make sure other good-great matches get some love and attention. Right now its between the Smackdown tag titles match and Bayley/Becky for me though I can see things changing once I catch some lucha, NJPW, and maybe Rampage. 

That Zack Sabre Jr vs Ishii match is completely balls out.  Akuma vs Raider is the best 1997 Nitro lucha match of 2023.

• Like 1

21 votes, and it’s 16-2-2-1. And the top 3 were all on Dynamite (with the one vote match being in Rampage).

Usually a WWE match gets the odd vote here or there, but not this time, not so far.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

21 votes, and it’s 16-2-2-1. And the top 3 were all on Dynamite (with the one vote match being in Rampage).

Usually a WWE match gets the odd vote here or there, but not this time, not so far.

It's early still.  The Carmello Hayes/ JD McDonagh match is getting some love before it's over.

• Like 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic