DVDVR Message Board

Mania Weekend Shows

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

So, Tony Khan threw a fit that WWE ran an NXT show the same day as All Out. Does this mean WWE should be angry that Khan is running one of the 177 shows running WrestleMania Week and Supercard is on the same night as the go-home SmackDown?

https://youtu.be/yUGI7-9S4QE

Tony's said he only ran Supercard of Honor last year because of "tradition", and he otherwise hates the idea of running Mania weekend

If he ran an actual AEW show it would be different

1 minute ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Tony's said he only ran Supercard of Honor last year because of "tradition", and he otherwise hates the idea of running Mania weekend

If he ran an actual AEW show it would be different

And yet, here we are. Tradition continues. 

As much as I love the orgy of Indie wrestling that will start in about 4 to 8 hours, the idea of seeing the same the 5 wrestlers in about 10 - 15 matches is kind of a bummer.  Hell in some cases in fields there are actually matches that are occurring in multiple places.   Why would should appreciate shows like DDT or For the culture and the goofy specialty shows.  

If most of that is part of Fite+ then I'm signing up today.  Don't know how the respective companies make money off that compared to their past PPV pricing.  But I'll surely appreciate not spending tons of cash for stuff I hope to be able to watch.