DVDVR Message Board

2023 WWE HALL OF FAME THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If ever there was a time to reveal that he faked his death I can't think of one ☺️

That would be the first thing he ever did that could be directly associated with the WWF/E, right?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JLowe said:

That would be the first thing he ever did that could be directly associated with the WWF/E, right?

Andy was interviewed at ringside at I think MSG by Vince once in 1979.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Andy was interviewed at ringside at I think MSG by Vince once in 1979.

I stand corrected!

Definitely a Hall of Fame worthy appearance 😆

• Like 1

Seeing some talk online that one of this year's WWE HOF inductees will be a referee, which would be the first time a full-time ref would receive the honor.

If that's the case, would it be Earl Hebner getting the nod? Going back to Mick Foley saying "one of this year's inductees" wanted to introduce them, I'd have to think Hebner is the choice given his role as referee in so many Attitude Era main events.

Others I thought were Mike Chioda (given his longevity in the WWE), Charles Robinson (he'd probably request Flair to induct him) and Danny Davis (who I'd get a kick out of as this year's "novelty induction.")

Dick Kroll maybe? Headline ref at MSG for decades, third man for countless title matches, even reffed main events in other territories during his salad days.

Tim White was my first thought.  They trashed his bar a lot of times for skits and would pay to fix the damage.  Given that he passed away last year, might be a big thing for his Family as well.

Edited by Marcel
  • Like 4

Nick Patrick is my referee GOAT and i would like to see him inducted. 

if Lawler inducts Kauffmann, i hope he wears that awesome "king" outfit from the Letterman appearance.

re: celebrities, i think LT (edit: Lawrence Taylor) and Rodman should both be in if they aren't already.

Edited by twiztor

In the new WON - Meltzer confirmed that Lawler had been trying to get Kaufman into the HOF for years

Dave figures if Lawler isn't healthy enough to do the induction - it will probably be Jimmy Hart (he also suggested Bill Apter but I can't imagine that will happen)

• Like 3

On 3/16/2023 at 9:54 AM, RIPPA said:

Meltzer says Stacy Keibler is going into the HOF this year.

Dave is assuming this is the person Mick Foley is inducting (Dave did make sure to say he wasn't reporting that but giving his guess)

she's just reappeared on social media for the first time in years the last few days.

good timing 

• Like 1