DVDVR Message Board

2023 WWE HALL OF FAME THREAD

RIPPA

No announcements yet but Batista gave a recent interview stating that he is pushing the WWE to do his induction this year.

Three years after he was originally supposed to be inducted, Batista (Dave Bautista) is hoping to finally go into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Batista was asked about his WWE Hall of Fame status while being interviewed at the premiere for his new movie "Knock at the Cabin." Batista told ComicBook.com that he hopes to be inducted this year, but he can't say for sure.

"I hope so, but I can't say for sure," Batista said. "I can say that I'm trying. I am trying."

• 1 month later...

Oh the WON radio show this morning - Meltzer said he knows for a fact people have been asked for HOF induction this year but for whatever reason the WWE hasn't announced any of the names yet

Dave and Bryan speculated that because the HOF ceremony is taking place immediately after Smackdown, they aren't really selling tickets specifically for a HOF ceremony so they don't have to announce more than maybe the week of.

Asuka would be a weird choice given no real connection between her and Mutoh. Asuka is more a choice for if/when Tajiri goes in.

Rey being the first in was surprising. Makes me wonder if he actually retires after the feud with Dom.

I assume Rey is the headliner. Guessing Mutoh is announced next. His retirement made it feel like given. Even more so after WWE let the Nakamura match happen.

Pleasantly surprised Rey Mysterio is the first announced name. Well deserved. One of the best to ever do it. Amazing what he's done particularly in WWE breaking the size barrier. Good to see the Great Muta getting in. Thought that was happening like when Jushin Thunder Liger was ending his career.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I see Foley has announced he's been approached by someone to induct them into the HOF (I'm assuming Dreamer?)

I couldn't think of a worse choice for someone to induct you. Cheap pops. General CTE wackiness. Stories about himself. More stories from his 1999 book told as if they're brand new. Five seconds about the guy he's inducting that still sort of only put himself over ("ho ho ho well they call me the hardcore legend and the king of the death match but this guy was pretty good too"). Whoever in Gorilla wraps him up.

9 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I see Foley has announced he's been approached by someone to induct them into the HOF (I'm assuming Dreamer?)

I couldn't think of a worse choice for someone to induct you. Cheap pops. General CTE wackiness. Stories about himself. More stories from his 1999 book told as if they're brand new. Five seconds about the guy he's inducting that still sort of only put himself over ("ho ho ho well they call me the hardcore legend and the king of the death match but this guy was pretty good too"). Whoever in Gorilla wraps him up.

Funk in yet?