DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 Wrestling Discussion

10 hours ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 7 people and people standing

The greatest 5 man Survivor Series team that never was

This match (JeriHausen vs Ass Boys) is on youtube along with all the after match shenanigans. Pretty damn funny hearing the crowd say "Oooh scissor me Hack-saw!"

*edit* Found it:

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The June 30th Smackdown (the day before Money in the Bank) will now also take place live at London's O2 Arena

It will air live locally at 8 pm on BT Sport

The release makes no mention of what FOX will do (one would assume they will just air Smackdown on tape delay)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Eps 8, 9, 10 of the gorilla pod are up as well as Bobby and gorilla on the call of ding doing hello.

I love those way  more than I should. The commentary over Sid/HBK is great.

20 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

A.i. Dave Meltzer has his delivery down.

There was not a single "you know", which is a big miss. On the other hand, I could not tell AI Conrad apart from real life Conrad.

EDIT: I take it back, Meltzer in episode 10 is spot-on.

Edited by Robert S

39 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:
43 minutes ago, Loki said:

For real, I showed the Roman Calling Into WOR one to my girlfriend and she thought it was real. This is going to be the downfall of humanity 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 3 people and people standing

Gonna tell the kids this was Sting and Big Poppa Pump

No fanny pack for Scott? Rick's fanny pack looks too small to have both of their "gimmicks" in them. I'm guessing Scott had one of his freaks holding his.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

No fanny pack for Scott? Rick's fanny pack looks too small to have both of their "gimmicks" in them. I'm guessing Scott had one of his freaks holding his.

He went with option 2 in the wrestler style guide: a big ol’ belt buckle

Edited by elizium
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, elizium said:

He went with option 2 in the wrestler style guide: a big ol’ belt buckle

Can't talk about big ol' belt buckles in wrestling without thinking of the Owen rib written about in Foley's first book, where he called someone's room messing with them, pretending to be the local promoter (can't remember the exact details) but said something like  '...and if you don't like it, you can come find me in the lobby; I've got on a big cowboy hat, and a big ass belt buckle!' Funny after 20-something years, THAT's the line that stuck with me.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, Rev Ray said:

Eps 8, 9, 10 of the gorilla pod are up as well as Bobby and gorilla on the call of ding doing hello.

On 2/9/2023 at 2:41 PM, Loki said:

On 2/9/2023 at 2:45 PM, Rev Ray said:

On 2/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, Robert S said:

There was not a single "you know", which is a big miss. On the other hand, I could not tell AI Conrad apart from real life Conrad.

EDIT: I take it back, Meltzer in episode 10 is spot-on.

I might be out of the loop, what exactly are y'all talking about and where can I find it?

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

might be out of the loop, what exactly are y'all talking about and where can I find it?

People have been using A.I. voice mimicking technology to make short, comedic videos, and two of the ones that have been popular are an argument between 'Roman' and 'Dave' about star ratings, and another series which imagines what a Gorilla Monsoon-hosted podcast would sound like. Warning: very NSFW language!

Reigns v Meltzer:

The Gorilla Pod (look up Joe Marotta's Twitter to see the rest, I think there's ~7-8 of them in total):

• Like 2
  • Haha 3