DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XIII - 2/18/2023

Dolfan in NYC

This is going to be a magical evening. It truly is a once-in-a-lifetime event. I know we have seen great “home court advantage” spectacles before. But Sami is different than Punk in almost every way possible. This storyline is different. Look at how all of us are speculating about what could happen and what should happen. 

I am going to enjoy this like a child.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

This is going to be a magical evening. It truly is a once-in-a-lifetime event. I know we have seen great “home court advantage” spectacles before. But Sami is different than Punk in almost every way possible. This storyline is different. Look at how all of us are speculating about what could happen and what should happen. 

I am going to enjoy this like a child.

100000%

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Maybe Sami over tonight, and then Roman invokes his rematch clause the first night of WM and wins it back? Then Cody can win it from Roman the second night. Everyone gets their moment and the story is where they intended from the start. 

EDIT - I’m apparently bad at the internet - the quote box should say “But hey, they might just say "Screw it" and put Sami over and try to find a way to make Sami and Cody simultaneously.”

Edited by RefMattyD570

My favorite mythical scenario (that will never ever happen) would be Jey costing Roman tonight, Sami/Cody at WM one night (with the bonkers option of Sami only have a month long reign) and Jey putting the final nail in Roman's coffin the other night. 

Would it kill Cody dead? Yup! Would it leave them with no real good road path going forward? Yup! This is why I'm a guy typing on a laptop on his couch and I'm not at the arena in Montreal bouncing ideas around. 🤣

My scenario would be to have Jey cost Sami the match tonight.  Owens makes the save.  Cody/Roman main events night one of WM.  Sami/KO vs. the Usos main events night two.

Roman retains vs, Cody at WM.  Sami and Owens win the tag titles.

Cody comes out on Raw the next night and vows to keep coming for Roman until he wins the titles from Roman.  Sami comes out on SD that week and makes it clear he has unfinished business with Roman.  Raw or SD get Roman and the Usos vs. Cody/Sami/KO.

Roman spends the next couple months fending off both Sami and Cody.  He’s also at odds with the USOs, especially Jey.  Finally, it all implodes.  Cody wins the title with help from Sami.  Sami wins some sort of non-title gimmick match (I quit?) with Roman to blow off their feud.  Jey finally turns babyface and quits the Bloodline after doing the conflicted gimmick for a few months.

Another six-man on either SD or PPV.  Jey/Sami/KO vs. Roman/Solo/Jimmy.

Go into summer with Jimmy and Solo trying to get the tag titles back from KO and Sami.  Roman and Jey feud and Jey beats Roman at SummerSlam with Sami in Jey’s corner, paying off the beginning of the angle almost three years earlier.

Jesse the Body mode ON

Can you believe it, Sami Zayn cost himself the title because he attacked Jey Uso

"Will you stop?"

You tell me what happened then. I saw Sami Zayn spear Jey Uso when Jey was trying to help him.

"Roman moved"

What is he Roman Reigns or Jesse Owens? Speaking of speed, where was Sami's gooodd friend Kevin Owens? Didn't look like Kevin was very timely tonight

"Kevin wasn't gonna interfere in Sami's match, you know that"

And that's why Sami's not the champion. Roman's smarter than Sami. Sami stabbed one of his friends in the back and the other one stabbed him in the back. I'm just telling it like it is.

Jesse the Body move OFF

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

The story is Jey and Roman, IMO. And it always has been.

Sorry Cody but I keep the belt on the Tribal Chief in six weeks and keep the train rolling. 

If the WWE doesn't see Sami Zayn as a main eventer after this last month, they sure as fuck aren't doing it with Jey.    If you are going to do something with Jey vs Roman, it should be a WM.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

And that's how you do it all and send the crowd home happy.

You thought that sent the crowd home happy? I think you are nuts. That finish was massively deflating, and I don't think anyone is leaving that building happy. 

I thought that finish sucked dick, and them trying to pull a "happy ending" out of it was honestly just kind of pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

That main event was excellently done. I think if Sami won it would likely be my favorite match of the year so far, but the fact I was moved this much and really bit into each near fall is a testament to how special this was. Lovely stuff. 

• Like 3

Felt like that ending was the best they could do if they were bent on keeping it on Roman.

I mean you still have story pieces in place, a reunion with KO and them finally winning the tag belts will be a nice bow on the story but fuck this was Sami's night. Still, match was outstanding though. Roman's got so good at letting the crowd know "your hero is done." After those chair shots, my heart sank.

Adrenaline, in the zone, guess it's up to Cody Rhodes......

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaving said that, any good will this company has been building up with the the Bloodline story goes right out to shit anytime Paul hits the buckshot lariat.

I'm head-cannoning Seth couldn't get the big red boots through customs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

You thought that sent the crowd home happy? I think you are nuts. That finish was massively deflating, and I don't think anyone is leaving that building happy. 

I thought that finish sucked dick, and them trying to pull a "happy ending" out of it was honestly just kind of pathetic.

Honestly,  this board was only going to be happy with Sami wins.  But the crowd was singing and cheering as they went off air after Sami and KO got the heat back old school,  so... *yano shrug*

So Sami wins, then what?

• Like 3