DVDVR Message Board

The 57th Superb Owl

Dolfan in NYC

[Facendavoice] held in check all afternoon and in serious danger of being shut out, but the referees, like all great players, save their best efforts for the biggest moments [/Facendavoice]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Bieniemy's on the wishlist for various OC jobs right now.. so they just have to pull the right theater to act like the Ravens/Titans/Commanders just outbid the Chiefs for EB when maybe the Chiefs are just letting him go without really trying to get him signed back up. EB's riding the wave here. He would fail as an NFL head coach and he'd likely fail as an OC for another team.

Chiefs gotta do something to extend their window before the effects of aging really takes them out of it. This team isn't as good as 2 years ago or the SB winning team.

As I was saying....

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

At least the holding flag will spare the panels that went 100% for the Eagles from having to realize that maybe they were a little too confident in the Eagles.

Eagles had an MFing double digit lead with Mahomes hobbled at the half and they choked it away.

Mahomes being hurt is legit as that holding call.  

I guess the Mahomes passing stat line tonight was efficient.

21 for 27, 182 yards, 3 TDs, ESPN QB Rating of 131.

Mahomes was 26/42 for 286 with 2 TDs/2 INTs in his win vs SF, and 26/49 for 270 with 2 INTs vs Tampa Bay. So I guess the key was having less plays.

Means went 27/38, 304, 1 TD, 103 rating.

Damn refs, we were sooooo close to having a game that no one would mention the referees afterwards but no. They had to wait until the very end to impact the game and call a ticky tacky call. I bet they just saw how off the throw was and just assumed there had to have been a hold even though there wasn't. A classic game ruined by an ending that will be 90% of what people talk about for the next month, good job.

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Really FOX we are putting Mahomes play up there with the Jordan Flu Game and Schilling sock game.  Come on 😒

props to them for begrudgingly accepting the core demographic is too young to remember Willis Reed, at least

If someone could tell me how the Miles Sanders "drop" wasn't a catch but the Goedert "catch" was, I'd really appreciate it.

But then, I thought after the first quarter we just weren't doing defensive holding today, so I clearly don't know what's going on at all.

Still, great game, but for the end. If Hurts doesn't get MVP, then just bin the award and make it Best on Field like the gods intended.

Both teams had their longest (by time) possessions end in field goals.

Eagles took 7:45 to kick a field goal on 4th and 6 from the 15 to make it 27-21. Chiefs took 5:07 to kick a field goal to win the game.

Probably gonna be easier to talk about holding calls than giving up the longest punt return in Super Bowl History or to talk about scoring 11 points in the second half after having a 10 point lead at the half. Holding happens on every play and it gets called near randomly.

I wasn't really aiming to have a postseason where a Chiefs SB loss would inspire me to mention that touchdown called back because of the catch rules. Or to mention that Harrison Butker missed a field goal in the first half.

Chiefs won one three years ago down 10 after the 3rd quarter, and won this one in a slightly less dramatic way.

BTW, between Georgia last month and KC tonight, I am officially sick and tired of teams that were in the top two or three pre-season favorites talking about nobody believing in them/"put some respect on our name."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1