DVDVR Message Board

The 57th Superb Owl

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Chiefs defense is due for one of those "see, we're not really that shitty" stops after struggling for the first 3 quarters

Yup, there it it.  Combine that with the Eagles D not seeming to show up, I'm getting a sinking feeling

Oh fuck off.

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

I would have guessed that the Super Bowl punt return record was a few more yards than that Toney return

Super Bowl teams tend to be too good at special teams to let a big one happen?

Just now, Raziel said:

#1 Pass D all season, stayed home for the SB.

Mahomes didn't just win the Pass Yardage title this year, he won it by 511 yards.

Justin Herbert finished 2nd and he was closer to the 8th place finisher (Geno Smith) than Mahomes.

So the Chiefs offense, when it's right, is like blasting dudes with a cannon over and over.

3 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Super Bowl teams tend to be too good at special teams to let a big one happen?

and/or Super Bowl teams don't punt enough to allow that many opportunities. The Kick Return record is practically unbreakable now (108 yards in the Ravens/49ers Super Bowl 10 years ago)

• Thanks 1

pretty dramatic difference in how much I like the Chiefs run plays off tackle and the ones up the middle... in other words: I don't think their RBs are built to do much up the middle and they're a lot better at running past large dudes.

And you see it with that hit on Pacheco

The whole thing when people mention "the Chiefs should run more" is that most nights, Patrick Mahomes is either the 2nd or best running option on this offense.

They could use a more fullback-sized running back for some plays but it's possible those dudes don't exist as much as they used to.