DVDVR Message Board

The 57th Superb Owl

Dolfan in NYC

Sunday, February 12, 6:30 PM

Philadelphia (-2½) @ Kansas City

In honor of the participants, this year's SUPERB owl is the European Eagle Owl! 

We have chosen this fine animal because, the Eagles are in the game, and Europeans looted and slaughtered any Chiefs that once lived in what is now Kansas City. Enjoy the show folks!

• Like 3

The sheer amount of Salt from almost every single fanbase that Philly is in is wonderful

I've heard the term "Mickey Mouse" schedule from Cowboys fans the most.  I wonder how they feel Micah Parsons, probably the best player on their team, is rooting for the Eagles to win.

Even if you don't like the Eagles or their fans, I think anyone should at least be rooting for Jalen Hurts in some capacity.  Work ethic, leadership, etc, etc, etc.  He's been doubted at every single phase of his career and he has succeeded at every single phase through just hard goddamn work.  I feel like you have to actively TRY to root against him.

Bias is showing, as I'm live/am from Philly and the area, but c'mon, the national narrative is such shit against the city.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

The sheer amount of Salt from almost every single fanbase that Philly is in is wonderful

I've heard the term "Mickey Mouse" schedule from Cowboys fans the most.  I wonder how they feel Micah Parsons, probably the best player on their team, is rooting for the Eagles to win.

Even if you don't like the Eagles or their fans, I think anyone should at least be rooting for Jalen Hurts in some capacity.  Work ethic, leadership, etc, etc, etc.  He's been doubted at every single phase of his career and he has succeeded at every single phase through just hard goddamn work.  I feel like you have to actively TRY to root against him.

Bias is showing, as I'm live/am from Philly and the area, but c'mon, the national narrative is such shit against the city.  

Yeah, the whole, "Let's root against this underdog fan base that stays passionate despite hardly ever winning anything" narrative has gotten pretty tired. I'm 46 years old, and Philly big 4 teams have won 4 titles in my life, half of which were before I was cognizant of the sports world. So the '08 Phil's and '17 Eagles are the only championships I've experienced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

How was he doubted in college? He played in two national title games, then the minute he faced adversity he ran to Oklahoma because he knew he wasn’t good enough to beat out Tua. That’s not being doubted or showing that he’s mentally strong. 

But yeah go ahead, and claim I’m TRYing to root against him, and use all caps like you’re somehow proving you’re anything but a homer. At least Lawful owns that crap better with his 24/7 Rockets and Texans BS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Is it bad that my favorite part of that is the owls name? Like seriously who names an owl anything that close to Flacco unless they’re a Ravens fan? 

He's an ELITE owl!

• Haha 4

I’m going for the Eagles but I don’t think people will like the real reason why. I’m sorry but I can’t help how I feel lol! The other side of this is the people playing the “If Mahomes win 1 more etc etc etc is he the GOAT” game. I just don’t have the energy to muddle through another career where people say somebody’s the future GOAT after every play he makes. 

I respect Mahomes and he may be the future GOAT but I’ve had to listen to it about Brees, Rodgers, Luck, and for shorter amounts of time but with just as much intensity, about guys like Dak and Kaep. Yeah that all happened. It doesn’t seem like it but it did. 

We actually had a discussion here not to long ago about how Mahomes could be postprime Favre at best once his legs slow down and his head no longer spins like an owl. Yeah he’ll still have his arm but his left handed passes and his no look stuff will be INT’d to death just like Favre’s arm punts were. Then it was a year ago that the same crowd was asking if Mahomes was a future alltime choker!!!!!! Yeah that happened to after his 3 adjusted INTs in a row in OT vs the Bengals before lol! 

Why can’t everybody just watch the game lol! If this is how it has to be though, I’m rooting for the lesser quarterback. I was rooting for the 49ers before this lol!

Edited by BloodyChamp

The problem of course is that if the Eagles win they won’t stop talking about Mahomes like that

They’ll just start also talking about Hurts like that

they get us either way just like the bookies do

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I hate the Chiefs. But how did the Eagles turn it around so quickly?? Didn’t they just win the Super Bowl? 

It’s not hard to do when you give up on Carson Wentz, you draft a mobile QB, you draft DeVonta Smith, and you trade for AJ Brown. Plus signing Haason Reddick as a free agent. So I just outlined in four moves (I’m counting dropping Wentz for Hurts as one move), how easily it can be done. So basically if your Texans draft the right QB, add two elite receivers, and a dominant defensive player they too will make the playoffs yearly. 

6 hours ago, LF2 said:

It’s not hard to do when you give up on Carson Wentz, you draft a mobile QB, you draft DeVonta Smith, and you trade for AJ Brown. Plus signing Haason Reddick as a free agent. So I just outlined in four moves (I’m counting dropping Wentz for Hurts as one move), how easily it can be done. So basically if your Texans draft the right QB, add two elite receivers, and a dominant defensive player they too will make the playoffs yearly. 

Hurts going from looking like a scrub to playing like an All Pro helped too

Just now, Lawful Metal said:

Hurts going from looking like a scrub to playing like an All Pro helped too

I’d tie that into my comment about drafting him, and getting two very good (one of whom is also All Pro level) receivers. I think Hurts is quite good, but I’m not sure similar results wouldn’t be had with let’s say a Justin Fields if he were in Philadelphia as opposed to being stuck in Chicago.

Eagles always prioritize the O line too. You got two future HOFers there in Kelce and Johnson and three young studs. They just made their O line coach the highest paid position coach in the NFL. Good O line makes everything better. Don't need to waste money on big name RB's if your line can open holes my grandmother could run through.

• Like 1