DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Julia Hart rules. 

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park references rules. 

AEW Dark rules. 

... the motherfucking world? Or only select regions? 

It's Elevation!  It's Skye Blue! It's Taryn From Accounting!  I never noticed how much size Taryn had.  She looked good in this.  Skye uses a Code Red for the win!  Jake Hagar, secret Wrestling Machine, will probably tell a little story.  AND HE DOES!  Alex Knight gets in a Lariat!  And that's the story.  EMI! EMI! EMI!  Zoe Sager!  Sager is teenier than I remember.  HAIR BEEL!  Now, EMI is telling a story.  She gives Zoe LOADS of offense, making Zoe look like a million bucks.  Great Romero Special Into a Dragon Sleeper submission.  EMI RULES.  Brandon Cutler is fucking AWESOME.  Jason Geiger does a lot of submissions.  AIRPLANE SPIN!  FLASHPIN!  That was good.  ETHAN PAGE IS DANCING!  Isaiah Kassidy screams like a little girl- THUS!  Successful Elevation.  MICHAEL ALLAN RICHARD CLARK!  That's a lot of names!  Darius makes with a CRAVATE! MARC is a HEAT  MACHINE!  Dante is spectacular.  His new wacky Love Machine Splash is too fun.  OH NO!  ATHENA and Taylor Rising!  Rising throw ATHENA into the steps!  ATHENA slams Rising into the concrete!  Rising with the Pedigree and NEARFALL!  ATHENA with the SUWA Dropkick!  ATHENA is so awesome at taking offense.  So GREAT.  Keith Lee has the cape!  Levi Knight needs to be signed immediately for owning that mustache.  Smart Mark Sterling is MY favorite Pro Wrestling Lawyer!  It is the back legs of the Dark Order dog!  Nese and Ari are awesome beating the crap out of John Silver.  Daivari and Nese are great as bumping heels, as Alex Reynolds makes the hot tag.  The Million Part Dark Order Finish!  That was good.  

• Like 1

Jason Geiger might have something if he learned how to throw a good (or even decent) looking worked punch. 

... Nevermind, he's been wrestling since 1999 according to cagematch. And he feuded with Dan Severn in 2005. I kind of want to find that.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!

Agent: "Hey <woman wrestler working the region of the upcoming AEW event>, we've really enjoyed the work we've seen from you and wanted to offer you a tryout/enhancement match against one of our top talents"

Wrestler: Sounds great, I'd love the opportunity and the exposure. So who am I working? Britt? Ruby?

Agent: ummmm, Athena.

Wrestler: Actually, let me think about it for a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Leon Ruffin is back!  ROCK HARD!  Ruffin applies a headlock until Juice crushes his testicles on the toprope!  Leon Ruffin bumps like a COMPLETE FREAK for Juice Robinson.  Ruffin makes a comeback and HE IS AWESOME!  Juice sells like a pro!  Ruffin with the Cannonball into the corner!  Ruffin is getting giant wads of offense in this.  Ruffin gets a SECOND comeback!  Robinson with the EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX!  LARIAT!  for two!?!?  DDT Variation to finally get the win.  Juice Robinson is AWESOME.  He doesn;t have bad matches.  Leila Grey!  It's Keira Hogan!  Hogan is all SALTY with the current Baddie!  This is fun!  Grey is the most improved of 2023 so far.  Leila Grey CHEATS by grabbing the tights!  That was good.  PEE! WARDLOW! PEE!  The Iron Savages are BOTH slimming down, it looks like.  Boulder looks like he's lost some BULK!  Cezar Bononi is be-bearded!  He looks like Chris Adonis' brother Bobby now.  The Wingmen are HEAT MACHINES!  Boulder is BODY SLAM CRAZEEEE!  Bronson is BACKBREAKER CRAZEEEE!  Nemeth with the FISTDROP!  Bononi makes with Delayed Vertical Suplex!  Boulder makes a hot tag!  Boulder is WRAPPED in Wingmen!  Bononi POWERBOMBS Bronson!  Nemeth DDTS as a follow up and Boulder makes the save!  Bronson hits the Less Fatter Boy Tope!  They double crush Nemeth and get the win!  Charlette and Robyn Renegade take on two other gals!  Adrian Breaux!  Mafiosa!  Renegades are cheating in OVERDRIVE!  Breaux makes a good babyface in peril but the Renegades are AWESOME heels.  FIRE CROTCH by Mafiosa!  Rengades crush Breaux!  BILLIE STARKZ!  TONI STORM!  Storm doesn't respect the YOUTH of Starkz and just beats the fudge out of her.  Storm will totally fucking LAY IT IN!  Oh man, Storm is freaking STAN HANSEN.  Starkz shows BABYFACE FIRE, kicking Storm!  Billie makes with the TOPE!  SWANTON!  FOR TWO!  DEATH VALLEY DRIVER by Starkz!  WRECKED EM by Storm!  GNARLY German Suplex into a Storm Zero for the win.  That was fucking great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where does Leon Ruffin v Juice Robinson rate on the all time great DARK list? Juice was as good as I've seen him here. Leon Ruffin is such a fucking awesome pro wrestler. That was new ROH good!

Toni v Starks rocked too. Murderous set of moves to finish.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

PEE! WARDLOW! PEE!  The Iron Savages are BOTH slimming down, it looks like.  Boulder looks like he's lost some BULK!  Cezar Bononi is be-bearded!  He looks like Chris Adonis' brother Bobby now.  The Wingmen are HEAT MACHINES!  Boulder is BODY SLAM CRAZEEEE!  Bronson is BACKBREAKER CRAZEEEE!  Nemeth with the FISTDROP!  Bononi makes with Delayed Vertical Suplex!  Boulder makes a hot tag!  Boulder is WRAPPED in Wingmen!  Bononi POWERBOMBS Bronson!  Nemeth DDTS as a follow up and Boulder makes the save!  Bronson hits the Less Fatter Boy Tope!  They double crush Nemeth and get the win! 

31 minutes ago, Matt D said:

This is a good little episode for @Gordlow to watch. That was probably Bononi's best match ever too.

I know we are getting Kenny vs VIKINGO this week, and it's understandable if Bear Country vs Wingmen ends up on DEAN's lengthy cut list. But, if Bear Country vs Wingmen makes the poll it will get at least one vote (from me. I will vote for it). Bononi just LOOKS great with his new beard and trunks. I think they should team Bononi up with fellow ripped bearded weirdo Jake Hager and give them, like, the "I'm too sexy for my shirt" song as entrance music. HOWEVER: here is what a hypocrite I am. Even though I am exceedingly proud of my weight loss (dropped 25 kilos and have KEPT IT OFF for over a year) and I feel better, move better, look better, and will likely live longer (knock wood) at this new weight... I am mildly bummed that Bear Country are slimming down. Because I enjoy watching fat dudes fight. I also enjoy watching muscular dudes fight, and curvy ladies, and slender petite Japanese young women, and athletic crossfit type dudes in certain cases and etc etc but there are not, in my opinion, enough really fat dudes in pro wrestling any more. However, I guess I hope the actual dudes who used to wrestle as Bear Country both succeed in their weight loss journeys and feel better and get better blood test results and so on, like me. My hypocrisy has limits, I am pleased to discover. Also, it's cool that they are fighting as good guys now! Next step: Change the name back, please. I appreciate the 100 % accurate heads up, @Matt D

IBmUiAr.jpg

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 9

Tonight we've got...

• Luther/Angelico/SERP vs Page/Hardy Kassidy
  • Athena vs Tootie Lynn
  • Diamante vs Riho
  • Big Bill and Lee up against Zack Clayton and his unfortunate partner, the current LLL (Lucha Libre & Laughs) Heavyweight Champion.
  • Nyla and Marina killing people, Nese and Davari giving people too much offense, Willow probably giving "Maggie Lee" just enough offense,
  • Like 3

It's Dark Elevation!  It's Tony Nese and Ari Daivari!  I don't think I've seen the dudes they are wrestling.  Tony Nese is a HEAT MACHINE!  Nese and Daivari do a lot more double team things than they usually do.  NYLA!  Marina Shafir!  Briar and Sage Hale are sisters, I'm guesing.  Shafir is fun with all the tricked out matwork.  Okay, TK needs to sign the Hale sisters because they took a TRUE ass beating like CHAMPS.  WILLOW NIGHTINGALE!  Maggie Lee looks familiar. Lee is tall!   POUNCE!  CANNONBALL!  DOCTOR BOMB!  Zack Clayton is tagging with Anaya!  BIG BILL!  LEE MORIARTY!  Moriarty leans into Clayton's offense.  Anaya takes a Moriarty Float Over DDT like a PRO!  Big Bill tags in and he is OVER in Kansas City!  Big Bill/Moriarty hit an awkward finisher.  BIG BILL IS ALL ABOUT THE DANCING THIS NIGHT!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  TOOTIE LYNN!  Tootie starts off hot!  ATHENA knocks her out!  ATHENA IS SOOOOOOO AWESOME POSTMATCH!  EMI!  IN THE RING!  FLATLINER! that ATHENA takes like a TOTAL CHAMP!  MILLION BILLION STARS!  Spanish Announce Project!  MATT HARDY isn't gonna let his friend stay sad!  They can't ever break up these dudes.  Isiah Kassidy and Angelico are MAGIC in the ring together.  Comfort Ethan Page, he is distraught.  SERP and Luther make with the hilarity!  THE CROWD CHANTS "ETHAN! ETHAN! ETHAN!"  Kassidy screams like a little girl!  SWANTON FOR THE WIN!  So fucking GREAT!  ETHAN IS DANCING!  SO FUCKING GREAT!  Diamante and Riho have a REMATCH!  Riho is wearing her EVIL black get-up!  Diamante looks great in this.  Riho is leaning into Diamante's offense- as Riho is great at taking an ass beating.  Flashpin rollup!  POSTMATCH!  Riho is a total bitch waving to Diamante from the apron!  Between that and the Stokely Hathaway stuff on Twitter, a HEEL TURN IS IMMINENT!  RIHO! RIHO! RIHO! EVIL!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1