DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is your new thread for AEW stuff that isn't on TV. 

Enjoy.

I'll be honest, when somebody asked to create last year's I didn't think it would hit 68 pages already.  But thanks for doing that.

Since it is media heavy I was wondering if it would help putting spoiler boxes for videos directly put in here.  There's always the option to put just the link without embedding the video too.

• Like 4

I briefly panicked when I saw the DAZN announcement, thinking it was for all of Europe and Asia. But in fact it's for: Albania, Alderney, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Georgia, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Jan Mayen Islands, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard, Sweden, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan. 

That came as a relief. FITE's a way better deal for me at the moment. DAZN doesn't appear to be offering an AEW-only option like FITE does, and a DAZN subscription costs three times what a FITE AEW plus subscription does. 

Nice that my erstwhile American Football buddies in the Czech Republic will be able to watch AEW now. Most of them still watch the NFL, so most of them already subscribe to the service. I am curious how many people on here this affects. Sharty, certainly. Maybe Running From America? I think there's a connection to Bulgaria or maybe Hungary there?

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is your new thread for AEW stuff that isn't on TV. 

Enjoy.

I saw the other thread locked and was like "what in the world could possibly have happened with the 10 people who post about AEW YouTube to get that locked?"

• Haha 5

If such a thing existed no way somebody is sharing that and keeping that for themself.

4 hours ago, Gordlow said:

I briefly panicked when I saw the DAZN announcement, thinking it was for all of Europe and Asia. But in fact it's for: Albania, Alderney, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Georgia, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Jan Mayen Islands, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard, Sweden, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan. 

That came as a relief. FITE's a way better deal for me at the moment. DAZN doesn't appear to be offering an AEW-only option like FITE does, and a DAZN subscription costs three times what a FITE AEW plus subscription does. 

Nice that my erstwhile American Football buddies in the Czech Republic will be able to watch AEW now. Most of them still watch the NFL, so most of them already subscribe to the service. I am curious how many people on here this affects. Sharty, certainly. Maybe Running From America? I think there's a connection to Bulgaria or maybe Hungary there?

If I ever find out one of my Greek relatives is watching AEW due to DAZN I'll be delighted. I MIGHT be going this year so who knows by then. 

• Like 4

I see Finland on that list. What does that mean for my FITE AEW+ subscription? I already paid for the year!

Edit. Oh, and Action Andretti vs Iron Bear Bronson and the Dorada main event from Dark were off the hook! There was other good stuff, too!

Edited by Shartnado
Watched Dark and Elevation...
  • Like 2

Evevation looks JAAKKKED!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

In the meantime, they’re doing the Pillman/Anderson team.

Thank you for giving an actual answer, I was about to ruin everything with a crappy 'Where the F is Griff Garrison?!' joke. Nothing against Griff, but I'm a big fan of the idea of teaming those guys - I can't think of two young dudes who need the reps more (and family or not, they're super-lucky to have a guy like Arn on the apron). I feel like they had a good one at one of the recent AEWROH PPVs, but I forget who they wrestled - I know they wrestled FTR in Mass pretty recently too with Arn and Bret at ringside (which I was unfortunately unable to attend, and am still pissed off about).

Wow, a 30 day delay on Dynamite and Rampage, starting March 1st in Finland on FITE. Probably means that FITE won't be offering the AEW PPV's, either. 2023 is definitely not off to the greatest of starts for the 'Nado, here. At least there's still a good bunch of early AEW that I haven't seen, but this is still quite the punch in the dick, Tony! After all the money I threw at you last year, no less!

• Sad 4