DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 1/25/2023

The Natural

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

women’s triple threat is now just Soho vs Storm. No reason give as to why Britt is out of the match.

2 minutes ago, porksweats said:

I'm okay with this change! I mean, I'm personally a Baker fan so its a little disappointing but I think a Soho/Storm match will deliver more than a triple threat.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1618056844936892422

This for the switch?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Casey said:

women’s triple threat is now just Soho vs Storm. No reason give as to why Britt is out of the match.

26 minutes ago, porksweats said:

I'm okay with this change! I mean, I'm personally a Baker fan so its a little disappointing but I think a Soho/Storm match will deliver more than a triple threat.

It's an injury to Dr Britt Baker, doesn't say what:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1618251718709628928

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Starkz/Baker was filmed back in December and she’s wrestled since then.

I was playing Warzone last night with some bros, so I missed Dark (but I did know Britt was making a rare appearance from the thumbnail) - Im gonna try to get that in this afternoon before Dyn-o-mite. Good looks dudes.

I believe absolutely zero of the “Random WBD Exec has it out for a Briscoe because of objectionable Tweets from. years ago” story. 

Is there someone who is like 48th highest on the org chart vetoing AEW roster moves? Because I can assure you that is highly unlikely. 

My real guesses are: They didn’t want to travel from rural Delaware because of the time commitment and they have families/money was not worth it/added to their mystique. 

• Like 1

Sammy had tweets about raping Sasha Banks and I’m supposed to believe WBD was okay with that and sending him to therapy or whatever, but homophobic tweets are where they draw the line? Yeah I don’t buy the WBD blocking it story either. 

Wrestling fans are all across the socio-economic spectrum.

I’m guessing WBD have people who oversee their programmes. Maybe, there’s a person who keeps an eye on AEW, one of their investments, and maybe they assigned someone with at least a semblance of knowledge of the industry. And maybe that person knew of the Briscoes.

Wrestling fans are everywhere, even if a lot of us share the same closet.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

Sammy had tweets about raping Sasha Banks and I’m supposed to believe WBD was okay with that and sending him to therapy or whatever, but homophobic tweets are where they draw the line? Yeah I don’t buy the WBD blocking it story either. 

WBD was very hands off with AEW until the pizza cutter/light tube stuff. Even then, that was fucking with their advertising dollars so you will expect someone to intervene there.

Moreover, Sammy got punished with the quickness. Tony took it out of their hands.

• Like 1

Get well DEAN~!

Just watched Bryan Danielson vs Brian Cage and it's probably one of Danielson's worst matches but one of Cage's best matches if that even makes any sense. Brian Cage practically no sold his way into the finish to get pinned. Fucking midcarder of a world champion MJF attacked afterwards.

Dynamite is great so far because I don't have to hear MJF talk.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. MJF gave a promo backstage and made a comment that should get him in hot water ("I'm not the first Jew to run away from a blue eyed man") but probably won't.

Edited by Andrew POE!

4 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

Honestly, the ROH announcing team and the ROH ring announcer are a lot better than AEW's usual crew. Tony Schiavone, Tazz and Excalibur are not very good at this point.

Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal deserves to be the main event.

If I had my way, it would be the ROH commentary team and ring announcer over AEW's.

• Sad 1

things I remember from this card

Ricky and Andretti are still stuck on Jericho Island and this time Sammy goes over Andretti.

Darby beats Buddy Matthews, Sting uses his bat to stop a run-in, Samoa Joe emerges on the screen

Jungle Hook beats up on Ethan Page/Matt Hardy

Well, if you're gonna ask Brian Cage to do anything, arm work is what you'd ask of him. Next week we get Bryan and Timothy Thatcher.

Britt Baker was in a match but then she wasn't and then she did a sports entertainment runin to get Ruby a win over Toni Storm

The main event was everything it should have been

• Like 2

Jay Lethal's visible sobbing got to me big time. Fantastic match. Couldn't pay much attention to the rest of the show due to stupid work.

Also, get well soon Dean! Sending healing vibes.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 4

You have to give a ton of credit to Jay Lethal in the match.  It looked like he was going to break down before he entered the ring.  And still put on a really good match

and thank god we got Ian Riccaboni on commentary.  Because we didn't get "wrestling commentator" we got psychologist, friend, and when need be wrestling commentator Ian.  Not knocking Caprice he was great too

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 8