DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23: CONFERENCE CATACLYSM WEEKEND!

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

this is the ideal Andy Reid game, tie game so that neither team is motivated to run it

that being said, the Chiefs secondary suuuucks, so I was surprised that wasn't caught by Cincy or DPI

Except they can't stop running on first down despite having no success whatsoever.

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

Except they can't stop running on first down despite having no success whatsoever.

running HB Draws with tiny RBs will work one of these days, our 90s running back OC believes

meanwhile these fucking refs are calling holding like it's a god damn Jr High Dance

If the Bengals win this, we're going to get a lot of people who are going to go on TV and say that Burrow is better than Mahomes even though Mahomes has outplayed him without the ability to use his plant leg.  Burrow plays with multiple cheat codes at receiver, but he's been pretty inefficient.  

Just now, supremebve said:

If the Bengals win this, we're going to get a lot of people who are going to go on TV and say that Burrow is better than Mahomes even though Mahomes has outplayed him without the ability to use his plant leg.  Burrow plays with multiple cheat codes at receiver, but he's been pretty inefficient.  

Mahomes fumbling and Burrow's 4th down pass on back to back drives will come up if Cincy wins this

Meanwhile, not sure if this is the most intentional grounding pass thrown all game but Zac Taylor is gonna below a vein in his neck if Cincy loses

Mahomes fumbling and Burrow's 4th down pass on back to back drives will come up if Cincy wins this

Meanwhile, not sure if this is the most intentional grounding pass thrown all game but Zac Taylor is gonna below a vein in his neck if Cincy loses

Zac Taylor is not allowed to be mad a Joe Burrow.  I don't think Taylor is a good coach, he just has unbelievable talent to run his offense.  They should probably find someone who can block, but Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd is a fucking squad.

• Like 1

Just now, supremebve said:

Zac Taylor is not allowed to be mad a Joe Burrow.  I don't think Taylor is a good coach, he just has unbelievable talent to run his offense.  They should probably find someone who can block, but Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd is a fucking squad.

I noticed Taylor being angry at the clusterfuck earlier.. he might go Falling Down if things break the right way for KC

I noticed Taylor being angry at the clusterfuck earlier.. he might go Falling Down if things break the right way for KC

He can be mad, he just can't be mad at Burrow.  If Burrow tells him to shut the fuck up and fix his face, he should probably do it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

They might want to go to Taylor's house and make sure he has no guns after that late hit.

That was a weird game but I go the SB I wanted anyway. I am sure Bengals fans will complain about... a lot... of stuff but the calls seemed mostly fair even if some were ticky tacky. The only really bizarre call was when the refs let KC run an entire down before saying "oh nevermind" and re-doing it. But that late hit was just killer and obvious. A weird game.

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

They don't need to show the linebacker crying on the bench.  I know he's fucking sick to his stomach.

I am not exactly feeling much sympathy for him at the moment. Blowing a pass coverage is one thing, what he did was inexcusable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I guess several Bengals players continuing to talk shit on Buffalo after that win should have been an indicator that they won their Super Bowl last week

That's why I feel zero sympathy for the Bengals or their fans, they went from fun underdog to cocky and annoying this year with how they reacted to the scheduling changes and then how they acted after the Bills game. Then the whole "Burrowhead" nonsense, they just were awfully full of themselves for a team with zero SB wins. I don't love KC either but it just felt like the right result this year.

• Like 1

I have to say, of all the personal fouls the bang-bang out of bounds play is the one I understand the most.  If he gets to Mahomes a step earlier that might be a game winning tackle.  He has to try to get there, but if Mahomes outruns him by one step and he can't stop his 263 lbs. in time it is a penalty.  It's a do or die play.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

That's why I feel zero sympathy for the Bengals or their fans, they went from fun underdog to cocky and annoying this year with how they reacted to the scheduling changes and then how they acted after the Bills game. Then the whole "Burrowhead" nonsense, they just were awfully full of themselves for a team with zero SB wins. I don't love KC either but it just felt like the right result this year.

I'm not quite aware of this but am curious how they were annoying.  From an outsider POV there was a horrible situation where Cincy and Buffalo's coaches did the right thing and there seemed to be lots of love between both teams.  As a result while I was rooting for Buffalo I would have been happy to see Cincy go to the SB.  I feel like I'm missing something and if there's things to check out please let me know either here or PM.

But I will say as a result of the previous paragraph not being super high on Mahomes I would have rather seen Cincy go to the SB over KC.  Though looking at both games while I dig SF Purdy's injury ultimately meant the end of their season.  And KC by rights should have lost but the way Cincy was looking I think SB would have been an epic ass whooping by Philly.  At least now we have an interesting SB and while I'll be rooting for Philly I'll be fine either way as long as the game is good.