DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23: CONFERENCE CATACLYSM WEEKEND!

Dolfan in NYC

And so we're down to four...

SUNDAY JANUARY 29TH

FOR THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP 

3:00PM ET

giphy.gif

AT 

3f989c08-a072-48da-8f7d-2cafe22a8c39_tex(-1½)

FOR THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

6:30PM ET

giphy.gif

AT

peter-pan-indians.gif

(-1)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Should be fun to find out how much juice the Bengals can get from “they sold Bills/Chiefs tickets” when they’re playing a team whose fans were cheering against the Bills so that we didn’t have to deal with an Atlanta game even if the matchup vs Buffalo was probably more favorable for the Chiefs

The Bills may have slammed right into their expiration date by not winning this year. The Bengals are the defending AFC champs and one would think if they can’t get a Super Bowl this year then…

Man, the Bengals looked really fucking good yesterday and Mahomes is playing on a high ankle sprain. I'm a little surprised the Chiefs are slight favorites at this point.

And I only hope the Eagles win for the inevitable IASIP episode for it.

Vegas favored the Chiefs over the Bengals twice in the last year for games in Cincinnati, it's gonna take some bad news for them to favor the Bengals over the Chiefs in Kansas City.

Anyways, coach talk is what it is but..

Andy Reid said he thinks Mahomes high ankle sprain isn't a bad as the one he suffered week one in 2019 against the Jags. The next week after that injury he went for 443 yards 4 TDs and 0 INTs against the Raiders

It was the left ankle in 2019 and the right ankle this weekend (hell of a coincidence that this has happened twice with Mahomes and the Jaguars). Mahomes performance hit a bit of a lull for most of 2019 for most of October/November with a knee cap injury in week 7 of 2019. But this time around, you just gotta be healthy enough to play next week and then two weeks after Sunday in the best case. Then you can rest for 5-ish months afterwards.

Point Spread Favorites/Underdogs are not a scientifically neutral power ranking  no matter how much the pregame pundits treat them as such or imply that you should too

They are the constantly fluctuating tipping point at which the bookie turns a profit no matter what actually happens 

Never forget the caveat: “For Entertainment Purposes Only”

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Point Spread Favorites/Underdogs are not a scientifically neutral power ranking  no matter how much the pregame pundits treat them as such or imply that you should too

They are the constantly fluctuating tipping point at which the bookie turns a profit no matter what actually happens 

Never forget the caveat: “For Entertainment Purposes Only”

Yes, it’s all about the vig! 

And I want Philly to win because Jon Gannon is probably leaving to go head coach somewhere (Houston & Arizona are the spots) and Vic Fangio is supposed to be interested in the Eagles D Coordinator job.   

But if it's not available, then the Dolphins can swoop in and grab him. 

I think Eagles/Chiefs would be a really fun SB so as a mostly neutral third party that is what I am hoping for today. But mostly I just want close games, football season winding down is always sad for me since during the regular season I spend 20 to 25 hours a week watching football (between NFL and college). That's a lot of time I have to start filling soon with other things.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And I want Philly to win because Jon Gannon is probably leaving to go head coach somewhere (Houston & Arizona are the spots) and Vic Fangio is supposed to be interested in the Eagles D Coordinator job.   

But if it's not available, then the Dolphins can swoop in and grab him. 

Or the Dolphins can just sign him when nobody's paying attention.