DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/16/23 - Kissimmee, FL

*Taped for BTI: Deonna Purrazzo def. Steph de Lander (7:01) via armbar submission. After the match, Gisele Shaw & Jai Vidal came out. Gisele had food and tried to throw it at Deonna but hit Vidal by accident.

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 16, 2022 from Kissimmee, FL

*Kushida (w/ Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) def. Chris Bey (w/Ace Austin) (11:56) with a small package

*Steve Maclin def. Rhino (11:45) after using Heath's Wake Up Call finisher to qualify for the #1 contenders 4 way at No Surrender.

*Barry Horowitz def. Johnny Swinger (w/ Zicky Dice) (2:14) with a rollup after a distraction from The KISS Demon.

*Heath def. Eddie Edwards (7:34) to qualify for the #1 contenders 4 way at No Surrender with the Wake Up Call after Eddie was distracted by the lights flickering. After the match, PCO attacked Eddie.

*Masha Slamovich def. Alisha Edwards (1:39) after the Snow Plow in a squash. Mickie James did commentary. After the match, Masha continued to attack until Mickie got involved.

*Rich Swann def. Kenny King (17:14) with a small package. After the match, Kenny looked to attack but Josh Alexander ran down for the save. Swann ended up accidentally kicking Josh when aiming for King.

Edited by DreamBroken

Horowitz wins! Great cameo, wish he was gonna stick around like they almost teased. Love seeing The KISS Demon again as well. Real solid first two matches plus Deonna great as always on BTI. Good build up to No Surrender, which is looking positively stacked. Good stuff from Rich and Kenny in the main event, also shout out to ref Allison Leigh who has stood out lately doing good work and now calling the main events here. I love the absurd promoting Bully and Dreamer as the "first ever live Busted Open Radio!" taking place at No Surrender. Looking forward to next week with monsters ball and the loaded No Surrender. 

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late.  Got distracted by Daytona 500 pre-race racing.  Chris Bey takes on KUSHIDA!  KUSHIDA takes it to the mat and it's spinny.  Chris Bey does some indie thigh slapping stuff.  KUSHIDA goes late 90s New Japan Juniors, controlling the action by wrenching the arm of Bey.  Bey SUPERKICKS to TRANSITION to offense!  They start laying it in and this is getting good!  GREAT Somersault Senton off the rigpost to the floor onto Bey!  This match is GREAT!  Awesome finish!  That was the best Chris Bey match I've seen so far.  KUSHIDA rules.  It's Rhino!  It's Steve Maclin!  This is good, considering how immobile Rhino is these days.  They kind of just beat each other for a bit.  Macklin bumps big for Rhino. This gets good as they start laying it in.  Macklin throws good punches.  Missed Diving Headbutt by Macklin!  Nice Belly To Belly Suplex by Rhino.  NICE Spinebuster by Rhino!  This is the best Rhino has looked in forever.  WAKE UP CALL for the win!  So disrespectful...  HOLY SHIT! BARRY HOROWITZ!!!  What the fudge?  Horowitz WINS! HOROWITZ WINS!  The Kiss Demon was involved!  That was unexpected.  HOROWITZ!   It's Heath taking on Eddie Edwards!  Eddie bounces all over the ring for Heath.  Heath makes with the Dick Togo Cannonball Senton off the apron!  GREAT Ciclon Ramirez Tope by Edwards.  What a wildly overdelivering wad of wrestling matches.  Edwards brings out the best in Heath- as this is the best match I've seen Heath have.  NICE Spinebuster by Heath.  GREAT SUPERPLEX INTO A TIGER DRIVER! FOR TWO!  The lights go down?  Another WAKE UP CALL and Heath wins!  It's PCO!  That was a good match with a crappy ending.  Heath looked great.  Eddie Edwards is the best wrestler in IMPACT!  Oh no!  Poor Alisha!  She is fixing to get beaten by Masha Slamovich. GREAT NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB!  POSTMATCH!  They heat up the title match!  Speedball and Jonathan Gresham against the Motor City Machine Guns will be good.  Kenny King is the secret super wrestler of IMPACT! He is so fucking good.  Rich Swann should bring it.  King starts off GREAT- beating the crap out of Swann.  Swann uses his athleticism to go on offense, hitting a CRAZY Somersault Senton on the apron.  King cuts him off and his offense is so rock solid.  King goes for a Delayed Vertical Suplex but Swann reverses it into a DDT! GREAT FUCKING SPINEBUSTER BY KING!  Kenny King is so fucking good, hitting a PERFECT Powerslam.  Poison Rana by Swann!  FOR TWO!  King with the Single Leg Half Crab!  Swann hits the ropes!  Maybe Kenny King is better than Eddie Edwards and is the best wrestler in IMPACT!  RELEASED DRAGON SUPLEX INTO  TIGER DRIVER FOR TWO!  Swann with the Flashpin for the win!  Man, that was great.  Kenny King is fucking awesome.  That was one of the better episodes of IMPACT!

• Like 1

This was the first episode of Impact I've watched in a long long time (due to not having Axs, not due to disinterest) and I enjoyed it a lot. Nice to see Johnny Swinger still getting some TV time and I could be down with him jobbing to various one-off enhancement talents of yesteryear. I'm sure Steve Lombardi can still work a basic match and we know George South is still going. I like the trio of Death Dollz and from what I've read they freebird rule the titles so that's cool. I know Taya and Rosemary are solid, can Havok still go or is she starting to slow down? IIRC she used to work a pretty physical style. Dreamer and Bully just need to fade away. Dreamer in particular is not doing his legacy any favors plodding around the ring. Bully at least has kept in shape but I'm just tired of the whole routine. It was a fresh reinvention 11 years ago but now it's stale. Can Santino still work a match? I thought he retired cuz of his neck. Is he just an authority figure? All in all I enjoyed what I saw and will definitely be watching each week. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Can Santino still work a match? I thought he retired cuz of his neck. Is he just an authority figure? All in all I enjoyed what I saw and will definitely be watching each week. 

As of now he's just an authority figure, though he did an interview recently saying his body can't handle full time anymore but that he will wrestle again "from time to time"