DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

What we had happen with CAWs, is that the character models would get swapped, and you'd get a cheap loss.  For instance, say you hypothetically do Adrian Neville vs Connor O'Brien.  What happened in this scenario is that their movesets, animations, everything were swapped with each other.  So you play as Neville with O'Brien's moves, and if you win, Neville gets the loss.  That's a mean ass glitch.

Hey guys, a little note for the European gamers:

WWE 2k14 is only £10.99 in the PS Store right now (Until I think next Thursday)

Can someone give me an honest short review, I had WWE 13, I thought it was kinda good, is this different enough that its worth getting? Regardless of the price, i'm wary of getting a new game every year (Football Manager, FIFA, etc)

I'm swaying towards it, I liked the Attitude Era feature last year and the WrestleMania bit sounds nifty.

In a nutshell, worth it yes or .. nes?

Ta

Soo is this worth it if you already have WWE 13?

For £10.99, I would say the game is absolutely worth it for the WrestleMania mode alone.  The online servers seem a ton better, no more lack of two counts and the in-ring gameplay feels a but more polished this year.

So I got WWE 2K14 for Christmas and I'm playing the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode, I've almost finished the third chapter. My favourite matches from it so far are Steamboat/Savage which was probably the best match I've had in the game, Savage/DiBiase, Hogan/Warrior, Savage/Flair, Hart/Michaels and Hart/Austin. I enjoyed playing the latter as it's a classic match.

I haven't found this as frustrating (I've probably cursed myself now) as some matches in WWE '13's Attitude Era: New Age Outlaws vs. Road Warriors, Triple H vs. Kane in a Steel Cage, Chris Jericho vs. Road Dogg and especially Steve Austin vs. Kane when you have to pin Kane ten seconds after hitting the Stone Cold Stunner but Paul Bearer fucking distracts the referee. Thankfully the matches I've played in 30 Years of WrestleMania involving managers no longer do that.

I haven't bought a WWE game in a while just because my interest in WWE is very low. but seeing images of the awesome CAWs (like that Nakamura a few pages back) has gotten me really interested. is the CAW scene really so big that someone like me could enjoy the game through basically just loading up the game with Japanese CAWs?

I'd like to say it is.  Wrestlemania mode is pretty great, similar to Attitude mode yet better.  Universe mode has improved with rivalry editor.  I sense when they go next-gen the game will be all kinds of amazing compared to what it is now.  If you're willing to wait it out then go for it.  But if you find this at a decent price I'd consider getting it, even if you have WWE 13.

Am considering doing the save file.  Was wondering if I swap out a CAW for another one I find online, will I be able to apply the settings for them like the initial CAW has?  Say I find a different Bray Wyatt.  Will I lose some of the stats and such for him?

Three most difficult 30 Years of WrestleMania matches so far, I'll put it in spoilers as it talks about objectives:

Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania X. I'm not the best at ladder matches.

Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. The Big Show, WrestleMania 2000. The game froze as I was on the second to last objective so I had to redo it.

Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H, WrestleMania XXIV. The hardest objective was pinning somebody with the Punt in ten seconds. Randy Orton doesn't do it straight away so you're hoping the guy you aren't doing the move on doesn't get up to stop the count. I did it with ONE SECOND LEFT. Felt good that because I lost the previously mentioned Steve Austin vs. Kane match in Attitude Era mode on WWE '13 by one second.

Favourite WrestleMania matches since my last post: Steve Austin vs. The Rock at WrestleMania X-Seven and XIX, The Undertaker vs. Batista at WrestleMania 23 and Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair, WrestleMania XXIV.

Two criticisms. There's something about the reversal system I don't like as much as WWE '13 and how quickly strikes are thrown.

That goddamn last match... First the real, actual match it was based on insulted me as a wrestling fan, then the videogame version managed to insult me as a videogame fan too.

FWIW, I don't think Wrestlemania mode compared at all favourably to last year's Attitude era, and stands as a colossal missed opportunity.