DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

Yes, I'm the obsessed one.

With that much vitriol? Clearly.

You are too easy of a target.

Ah, the excuse of the pre-tween bully. And after you do it, do you get a rush? Feel more manly? 

I'm quite happy with it so far.  The expansion of the creation features (belt, arena, CAW, etc.) makes me happy.  I like the rivalry option for Universe.  It's only 3 per brand, but with enough creativity I can see this being a really awesome addition.  The 30 years of WM section is really cool so far.  Aside from little things like the F out of WWF and 2K's logo in the arena playing the early WM matches has been amazing.  I normally buy the season pass right away, but am really up for just going through this to get everything.  I'm much more excited to play through this than the Attitude mode last year.  As for the Beat the Streak option, I decided to get squashed as Santino.  To my surprise I had some consistent offense which was pleasantly surprising.  That and I noticed DQ and countout was turned off meaning weapons were legal.  I may or may not have spammed some weapon shots.  Didn't matter as UT did one reversal, Tombstone and that was it for me.  For being ridiculously cheap AI I had more fun that expected.

I'm quite happy with it so far.  The expansion of the creation features (belt, arena, CAW, etc.) makes me happy.  I like the rivalry option for Universe.  It's only 3 per brand, but with enough creativity I can see this being a really awesome addition.  The 30 years of WM section is really cool so far.  Aside from little things like the F out of WWF and 2K's logo in the arena playing the early WM matches has been amazing.  I normally buy the season pass right away, but am really up for just going through this to get everything.  I'm much more excited to play through this than the Attitude mode last year.  As for the Beat the Streak option, I decided to get squashed as Santino.  To my surprise I had some consistent offense which was pleasantly surprising.  That and I noticed DQ and countout was turned off meaning weapons were legal.  I may or may not have spammed some weapon shots.  Didn't matter as UT did one reversal, Tombstone and that was it for me.  For being ridiculously cheap AI I had more fun that expected.

As a wrestling game though, is it any good? You're allowed to say yes.

I'm also expecting 2K to do a sort of overhaul if not next year then maybe two years from now.  They couldn't do too much with it after buying it from THQ, but with enough time I'd be excited to see what they come up with.  Color me optimistic, I guess.

Whoops, double post.

As a wrestling game, yeah I like it.  It's the same engine as before, if you thought it was shit then it'll still be shit to you.  There's less shit IMO so far, but if you REALLY want to find bugs I'm sure they're there.  If you're able to play it somehow try it.  Shit, Best Buy has had them on display sometimes.  Kind of hard to knock the game when you haven't tried it yet.

Whoops, double post.

As a wrestling game, yeah I like it.  It's the same engine as before, if you thought it was shit then it'll still be shit to you.  There's less shit IMO so far, but if you REALLY want to find bugs I'm sure they're there.  If you're able to play it somehow try it.  Shit, Best Buy has had them on display sometimes.  Kind of hard to knock the game when you haven't tried it yet.

I'd agree with you if SmackDowns 03-11 weren't all essentially the same game. And I can see from videos that it's the same game as those.

The Operation Sports dudes seem to really be digging all aspects of the game this year. Still sounds like an expansion with bug fixes for last year's version, but I'm leaning toward buying the game now.

Ah, the excuse of the pre-tween bully. And after you do it, do you get a rush? Feel more manly? 

He's pretty useless. Always has been.

If you ever need a place to stay, though, I've got a rent-free spot in his head you can shack up in.

I haven't seen formulas in ages since you can download and alter created stuff, but I guess caws.ws is still around.

The Operation Sports dudes seem to really be digging all aspects of the game this year. Still sounds like an expansion with bug fixes for last year's version, but I'm leaning toward buying the game now.

It'll be $40 on Black Friday, so if you can hold tight with '13 until then, might as well save $20.

He's pretty useless. Always has been.If you ever need a place to stay, though, I've got a rent-free spot in his head you can shack up in.
Hahaha that spot is merely an echo of your "the Vikings are for real this isn't just a fluke year and All Day will always be this good" posts from last year repeating over and over, accompanied by your Randy Moss DEAL WITH IT gif avatar. You are everything that's great about being in a division with the Vikings.

I haven't seen formulas in ages since you can download and alter created stuff, but I guess caws.ws is still around.

It'll be $40 on Black Friday, so if you can hold tight with '13 until then, might as well save $20.
Eh, I hate BF shopping and if have some Best Buy Rewards certificates to use.So how are you liking the game, MGFanJay?