DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

I'm going to be buying this game for me and my roommate.  Haven't played a WWE game since Here Comes the Pain.  We live in an area where internet connection is spotty (rural Alaska, so no DLC or online play for us) and I have a couple of questions:

1)  Can other people's CAW's be downloaded to a flash drive and then imported into the game?2)  Can I still make my own Universe stories or do I need a constant internet connection for that (I don't need to access others).3)  If the game has some game-breaking glitches and flaws, is there anyway to download any patches without being on the PlayStation Network and 2K servers?4)  I am pre-ordering but I guess I'm SOL when it comes to getting the Ultimate Warrior DLC, right?5)  Is there a website that might have these questions and more answered that I can't find through my 10 minutes of Google searching?Thank you.

I'm going to be buying this game for me and my roommate.  Haven't played a WWE game since Here Comes the Pain.  We live in an area where internet connection is spotty (rural Alaska, so no DLC or online play for us) and I have a couple of questions:

1)  Can other people's CAW's be downloaded to a flash drive and then imported into the game?2)  Can I still make my own Universe stories or do I need a constant internet connection for that (I don't need to access others).3)  If the game has some game-breaking glitches and flaws, is there anyway to download any patches without being on the PlayStation Network and 2K servers?4)  I am pre-ordering but I guess I'm SOL when it comes to getting the Ultimate Warrior DLC, right?5)  Is there a website that might have these questions and more answered that I can't find through my 10 minutes of Google searching?Thank you.

First, go to this site & become a member. You have to join to be able to see the WWE '13 section of the forum: http://caws.ws/

Once a member, you can check out this post which will explain to you how to add saves/CAWs to your game using a USB flash drive:

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/446474-ruthless-aggression-nxt-best-of-13-tna-wwf-ecw-wcwwwe-saves-posted/?p=9547459

Hope this helps!

It's funny because the NXT arena looks much better than that IRL.  It's all out of proportion there, looks pretty bad.

ETA: I was going to joke that it would be funny if you could customize the NXT area to be the old TNA arena, but then I started noticing all the similarities between the two and wondered if the entire thing was one long rib by WWE.

• Like 1

100 CAW slots?  Well, that's just wonderful, now I can tinker with more companies and not have to worry.

I wonder why they can't give us the option to just upload created items.  Having to go through caws.ws is fine, but after the online fiascos in the past they should throw us a bone here.  Going through the steps it's not that hard, but I feel we should have this option to begin with.

100 CAW slots?  Well, that's just wonderful, now I can tinker with more companies and not have to worry.

I wonder why they can't give us the option to just upload created items.  Having to go through caws.ws is fine, but after the online fiascos in the past they should throw us a bone here.  Going through the steps it's not that hard, but I feel we should have this option to begin with.

100 CAWs, rivalries that actually work, and a bunch of new arena options...I may not leave the house until Christmas.  Last year I created a heavyweight brand and a cruiserweight brand with two shows a week and separate pay per views.  It took so much time to keep my rivalries straight that it became overwhelming and I quit after a couple of in game months.  I hope that the new rivalry set up, not only makes rivalries worth doing, but actually keeps them straight.  With 100 CAWs it is going to be dificult to remember all the different rivalries.  I'm moving further from D.C. this weekend, and I'm almost certain this game is going to take the place of most of those random trips into the city. 

Haha, this could be classic.

The Undertaker Will Cheat to Beat You in WWE 2K14

Posted Image

"It feels weird to say about a sport in which outcomes are predetermined, but the Undertaker’s 21-0 streak at Wrestlemania  is undoubtedly one of the most impressive feats in professional wrestling history. So much so, in fact, that the streak has become one of Wrestlemania’s main attraction these last few years, with the streak being almost as big of a storyline draw as a championship.  

And so, of course, there is a mode in the new WWE 2K14 game dedicated to the streak. Gamers can either play as the Undertaker to try to beat 21 straight computer opponents, or, play as any other wrestler to try to end the Taker’s streak.

Vincent Ingenito of IGN.com recently checked out the streak mode from the upcoming game, and says beating digital Undertaker in WWE 2K14 might be tougher than beating the real life Undertaker:

You will line up, as 21 wrestlers before you, to take out ‘Taker, but this won’t be anything like any singles match you’ve played before. Forget for a moment that he’ll be fighting at a difficulty level beyond even the highest setting of the core game, but the supernatural happenings that have always orbited the legendary grappler will be in play too. So you could be on the verge of scoring a pinfall, only to have the lights of the arena mysteriously go out and then come back up with The Undertaker standing behind you, ready to bury you with a Tombstone Piledriver.

So not only will the video game version of Undertaker be set on the highest difficulty, he’ll be able to pull off all kinds of supernatural feats to win. Video game AI that cheats is perhaps the most frustrating aspect of playing video games, but to be fair, it seems kind of fitting here."

[IGN]

• Like 1

Agreed. If I had been on the fence about picking this up, that video would have sold me. The previous videos haven't made the wrestlers faces in game look too accurate or good but this latest video has me thinking the final product will be better.

Okay, I'm sold. This video....this fuckin video...

ACCELERATORAvailable for a suggested purchase cost of $1.99.Customize the overall rankings and attributes levels of every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva in the game. Also unlocks every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva, including alternate attires and all arenas and championships in WWE 2K14.Scheduled for release on launch day – October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally.NWO PACKThe Giant will be available free of charge!Available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99.Playable New World Order-themed Superstars:Kevin NashScott Hall“Macho Man” Randy SavageSyxx Curt HennigScott SteinerScheduled for worldwide release in November 2013.WWE SUPERSTARS AND MOVES PACKSummer Rae will be available free of charge!Available for a suggested purchase cost of $7.99.Playable WWE Superstars and Divas:FandangoBig E LangstonBrie BellaNikki BellaMore than 30 new moves and taunts:Koji ClutchSoda PlungeBlack WidowLeaping Tombstone Piledriver w/Pin ComboInverted DDTDiving HeadbuttExplosive DropkickElbow/Back Stabber ComboRope Flip ArmdragDouble Jump Body SplashTwo-Hand ChokeslamLil’ JimmyShoulder Switch PowerslamZack Ryder ComebackAlpamare WaterslideRope Hung Kick to Mid-SectionPackage PiledriverBurning HammerButterfly Suplex ArmbarCorkscrew Shooting Star PressStanding Shooting Star PressStanding Corkscrew MoonsaultSpringboard 450 SplashPsycho DriverRebound Big BootRebound Elbow StrikeMoonstompBilly Goat’s CursePumphandle NeckbreakerSuplex BackbreakerKOHangman’s FacebusterCradle DDTPowerbomb LungblowerWrist Lock LariatScheduled for worldwide release in December 2013.WWE LEGENDS AND CREATIONS PACKVirgil will be available free of charge!Available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99.Playable WWE Hall of Famers and Superstars:Bruno Sammartino“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes“Ravishing” Rick RudeJake “The Snake” Roberts14 new Superstar Heads and models to utilize in Custom Superstar:Alberto Del RioAntonio CesaroBatistaCM Punk (long hair)Daniel Bryan (clean cut)Dolph ZigglerGoldbergKane (no mask)MankindRybackSheamusThe MizTriple H (short hair)Undertaker (long hair)Scheduled for worldwide release in January 2014.WWE 2K14 SEASON PASSAvailable for a one-time purchase cost of $19.99 (a savings of more than 25 percent versus individual content purchases).Season Pass Program Exclusive “The Outsiders”-themed Superstars:Scott HallKevin NashAll content packs:AcceleratornWo PackWWE Superstars and Moves PackWWE Legends and Creations PackOnline Badges: More than 10 exclusive options