DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

On the roster. They lock that shit down in March. If you weren't wrestling on screen in March you aren't in the game. Big E and Fandango didn't make in ring debuts on TV until Mania really. The others way after that. Plus you'd have to assume they want to cash in DLC and they know people will pay it. The only real WTF inclusion is DAVID OTUNGAHe's had three televised matches all year. The Royal Rumble match, a match on Superstars, and a match on RAW. He hasn't even worked a house show since March. So color me surprised.

I don't think Voodoo Chile has ever made it in a game.

It was in WM XIX and Here Comes the Pain, surprisingly. Might've been in Raw 2 as well, I don't remember much about that game beyond the awesome attire editing for in-game guys, Hulk Hogan's head being gigantic, and there being nine billion weapon attack grapples (something that REALLY needs to be back).

On the roster. They lock that shit down in March. If you weren't wrestling on screen in March you aren't in the game. Big E and Fandango didn't make in ring debuts on TV until Mania really. The others way after that. Plus you'd have to assume they want to cash in DLC and they know people will pay it. The only real WTF inclusion is DAVID OTUNGAHe's had three televised matches all year. The Royal Rumble match, a match on Superstars, and a match on RAW. He hasn't even worked a house show since March. So color me surprised.

Even Otunga makes more sense than some- Aksana wasn't a major part of television, even on NXT, in over a year, and was doing absolutely nothing, but she got in. Moreso with some of the debuts/other female snubs (Your black mark for this game stat: Despite THQ billing this game around 30 years of Wrestlemania"- counting the billed match that was cut for time on Wrestlemania as a match WWE2K14 is second to only the 2004 WWE video games in the amount of video game healthy scratches from the Wrestlemania roster that year [healthy scratch determined as a wrestler who: a] had been at Wrestlemania, b] not left the company by the time the game was released that year, and yet did not make the video game cut. 2004 [again, the WWE loaded the roster of Wrestlemania 20 to get everyone possible a payday that year] had eight people not make the cut (Rob Conway, Shannon Moore, Nunzio, Billy Kidman, Akio, Funaki, and the Basham Brothers), this game has six [big E Langston, Fandango, the Bella Twins, and the Funkadactyls.)

Posted Image

There's a CAW of Ambrose that looks a 1000 times better than that. Perfect from every angle. I can't believe even with scans of their faces how off they look. I'm hoping they put Ambrose's Finisher in this game. Is there a name for that by the way? I don't follow Indy/Puro/Lucha as much as I should so I've never seen that used before he started doing it.

I've seen many CAW's that look better than the roster version.

The most common one I've seen is Bret Hart. If you want a really good Bret, wait until community creations.

I hope in the years to come, 2K just takes over and pushes out the Yukes/THQ people.

Well, if enough people don't buy the game, 2K should get the message.

More than that, 2K is the publisher and doesn't have anyone in any of their existing development studios with the experience of creating a wrestling game. That isn't to say they couldn't go that route, but just expect something that's way worse than what you're getting now. Just to give you an idea how hard it is to create a wrestling game, look at the studio that developed the Dreamcast UFC game. They were tasked with creating Raw on the Xbox. People thought that would totally work and they would produce a great wrestling game given how well the Dreamcast UFC game turned out and wrestling isn't that much of a departure from MMA as far as video games go. What you got was a game that was complete shit with wrestlers who walked like they carried 5 lbs of that shit in their pants. So, be careful what you wish for. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

That said, 2K could also shell out a butt load of money toward any former AKI developers, anyone worth a damn from Yukes, and see if anyone from Spike is game to get back into the wrestling game. The likelihood of that happening is slim to none though, and the best case scenario is that 2K retains the bulk of the people developing the game today, but hires a different director that has a vision different than what Cory Ledesma has.

Honestly, the only way any of you are going to get the modern wrestling game you so desperately want is via Kickstarter and a group of people who LOVED the AKI series of wrestling games, or Giant Gram 2000, or King of Coliseum and want to design a game like that and have the ability to do so, but just lack the funding to pull it off.

• Like 1

Posted Image

There's a CAW of Ambrose that looks a 1000 times better than that. Perfect from every angle. I can't believe even with scans of their faces how off they look. I'm hoping they put Ambrose's Finisher in this game. Is there a name for that by the way? I don't follow Indy/Puro/Lucha as much as I should so I've never seen that used before he started doing it.

Ambrose's finisher is in the current game.

Well I did say in the years to come. I understand an immediate house cleaning would likely lead to an even shittier game the next year.

I might compare it to Madden. For years, Madden was the football game to buy. Then, slowly but surely, 2K started to develop a solid product, eventually overtaking Madden in quality in the view of many fans. Even EA knew it, which is why they snatched those NFL rights up as quick as possible.

I'm just tired of the yearly fuckups of the people creating the WWE games. Head scratching type shit.

Posted Image

Ambrose's finisher is in the current game.

Sort of, it's an over the shoulder variation.

I got an HQ version of the Butch Vig Remix of Shamrocks & Shenanigans by The House of Pain, so I need an accurate CAW of the Irish Airborne.

Yeah, I know, but I don't wanna use Walking Dead by The DM's.

He'll probably be the yearly "released but in the game" character

Well I did say in the years to come. I understand an immediate house cleaning would likely lead to an even shittier game the next year.

I might compare it to Madden. For years, Madden was the football game to buy. Then, slowly but surely, 2K started to develop a solid product, eventually overtaking Madden in quality in the view of many fans. Even EA knew it, which is why they snatched those NFL rights up as quick as possible.

I'm just tired of the yearly fuckups of the people creating the WWE games. Head scratching type shit.

I'm pretty sure 2K overtook Madden in quality with NFL 2K.