DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

Oh yeah, just like people abusing the 1-3-1 zone and 3 pointer in NBA 2k, I'm sure people spam the shit out of certain things in this game too.  No way in hell I'd play online.  Also, kinda neat that they went with heel Snake Roberts.

Yeah the running grapple is the poison of all WWE/THQ/Yukes games. I refuse to play tornado tags or chamber matches because it's all running and taunting spam. This year they added the claw grapple where your opponent just pushes you outside without any chance to reverse.

Even if you win it just isn't any fun. Like I referenced in an earlier post, I'm all but done with online. Every now and then, I get curious and have to dance with the devil.

Got the DLC and first thing I did was find a better Rude and Dusty.  Sure enough I found ones better than the defaults.  Rude has Japan gear as an attire, but it's great.  Dusty has the 70s afro style going on which I honestly prefer.  And out of curiosity looking up NWA, WCCW, Mid South, etc. there's a ton of options.  From rasslers to arenas there's a lot to choose from.  If you wanted a Universe Mode for any of them you can quite easily do it.  It was pretty amazing.  What wasn't amazing was trying to look this up.  You can't search "NWA" for arenas for example because they weren't tagged properly.  Nope, you have to search all areas to find a lot of them.  Same goes for most everything else.  And if there's a lot of options it's very exhausting going through all of them.  Other than that I found damn near accurate versions of the classic arenas so Flair/Dusty will be pretty cool.

What happened to the feller who was gonna run ROH and shite for 6 weeks and then bring in ONLY new wrasslers at the point when they had some sorta win/loss record etc. How did his(YOUR) Universe Mode go? I think NXT was in his mix somehow...

And is Prince Devitt(Who I've seen maybe a half matchup of) wearing make-up?!

What happened to the feller who was gonna run ROH and shite for 6 weeks and then bring in ONLY new wrasslers at the point when they had some sorta win/loss record etc. How did his(YOUR) Universe Mode go? I think NXT was in his mix somehow...

And is Prince Devitt(Who I've seen maybe a half matchup of) wearing make-up?!

Yeah, he's wearing the makeup and attire he wore at New Japan's annual January Tokyo Dome show (the makeup is based on a comic book ccharacter, Carnage).  The Dome show is NJPW's biggest show of the year and costumes/makeup/wacky entrances have become a tradition.

Yeah, I always dug on those January HA-HUGE Tokyo Dome shows. But over the years I havent found a great source for news and video(ahem...any suggestions would be appreished) on our friends in Japan.

Hell, I guess it'd be nearly impossible to create the infamous long ass walkway at the DOME in this game?!

One other thing;

Hows the "CREATE-A-STORYLINE" feature in this game? It might be strange but I've always liked this part of the game alot. Did they add any new stuff to this part of the game? (And hey, feel free to share a few created storylines you've made in the past-I'd love to read what my fellow geniuses have thought up...whether it be bat shit crazy or just plain brilliant and everything in between.)

Yeah, I always dug on those January HA-HUGE Tokyo Dome shows. But over the years I havent found a great source for news and video(ahem...any suggestions would be appreished) on our friends in Japan.

Hell, I guess it'd be nearly impossible to create the infamous long ass walkway at the DOME in this game?!

One other thing;

Hows the "CREATE-A-STORYLINE" feature in this game? It might be strange but I've always liked this part of the game alot. Did they add any new stuff to this part of the game? (And hey, feel free to share a few created storylines you've made in the past-I'd love to read what my fellow geniuses have thought up...whether it be bat shit crazy or just plain brilliant and everything in between.)

Well we talked about it for eight pages before and after the event here (includes pictures), and the full show was posted here :)  I mean there are a handful of puroresu websites but we always discuss the bigger cards in the Japan section of DVDVR if nothing else.

• Like 1

It censors normal words thinking they are swear words.

You don't know that you've been censored until you upload the story.  Then it cuts out everything.

I can't say "Hello my name is Yoshi Tatsu" because it has shit in there

I can't say Spike Dudley because Spike is a euphamism for a dick

don't even think about Dirty Dick Slater

One of the years you couldn't say Cody for some reason

You couldn't say Santino for a while

You can't say title because tit is in it

You can't say muppet ever

Not sure if you can't say Assist or Assault or Assassin and I'm not going to check

• Like 1

You don't know that you've been censored until you upload the story.  Then it cuts out everything.

Not sure if you can't say Assist or Assault or Assassin and I'm not going to check

I was joking with what I said earlier, but that shit is hilarious.

There was a Giant Bomb video where they found out that the phrase "Rival Wrestling Promotion" was censored. Now, I don't know if it's the word 'wrestling' or that phrase specifically but either way, it's pretty hilarious how much you can't say. You basically begin sounding like Michael Cole and his WWE lingo.

I've been wracking my brain for a couple days now trying to figure out what "muppet" could be slang or a euphemism for.  Imagining all sorts of crazy things.  Trying to remember if anyone's ever come up to me in a bar and said "Yeah, me and the waitress, we muppeted 14 times last night."

Unless it has something to do with, ahem, furries, I have no idea.