DVDVR Message Board

RIP Jay Briscoe

Matt D

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1617816498109845505

No Mark Briscoe either on WBD. Get fucked WBD. Jay Briscoe apologized for his past comments and has died in terrible circumstances yet Dana White's concussion on delivery slap fest makes air from the man who slapped his wife. Bullshit.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1617816498109845505

No Mark Briscoe either on WBD. Get fucked WBD. Jay Briscoe apologized for his past comments and has died in terrible circumstances yet Dana White's concussion on delivery slap fest makes air from the man who slapped his wife. Bullshit.

If I saw these WBD execs in the middle of the street on fire I would go to the nearest convenience store, buy a big bottle of water and chug it right in front of them.

i'm an alcoholic, ive said some reprehensible shit in the moment throughout my life.  I've been one for 20 years, the fact that someoe ca judge someone from a statement 10 years ago is disgusting.

I'm so happy Mark is going to be on AEW tomorrow night, but i also hate it that it wasntwith his brother. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

i'm an alcoholic, ive said some reprehensible shit in the moment throughout my life.  I've been one for 20 years, the fact that someoe ca judge someone from a statement 10 years ago is disgusting.

I'm so happy Mark is going to be on AEW tomorrow night, but i also hate it that it wasntwith his brother. 

Thank you for sharing this. Such a shame/BS it's taken this to actually happen.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

Not only that, but how fucking stupid would it be to pay that much for the rights to use that song when he could just donate that money to the family instead.

I mean… TK can afford both.

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

There's no way Lynyrd Skynyrd isn't asking for a fortune for that song. I'm fine with them using their current entrance music. All you need to hear is "REACH FOR THE SKY, BOY!"

Didn’t ROH use it for the Man Up PPV? I know it was definitely the Skynyrd version.

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

More details on the Jay Briscoe tribute show:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/tony-khan-reveals-some-details-on-jay-briscoe-roh-tribute-show

3 hours long and will include Jay's best matches.

I wasn't aware of this video until I saw the link after watching Mark's Christmas video about his teeth (linked in the Dynamite thread)  But here you go.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 5:57 AM, StuntmanCrowley said:

Keep in mind the same people that didn’t want the Briscoes on TV are fine with whatever Erza Miller is up to these days. 

• Thanks 1

I want to apologize to the mods for this in advance, but I'm going to break the 'no more images' rule just this once, if it's okay - I just saw this on reddit, and since this thread is likely going to cease in activity pretty soon, I thought this picture might be a nice way to wrap things up. Continued love and prayers and/or positive vibes for the kids, families, and friends affected.

• Like 2

Not sure if it’s been posted yet, but highspots.tv has a two hour Briscoes in PWG special posted for free on their service.  Just need to sign up, just create an account, don’t set up a subscription or anything, and it’s there.  Watching Briscoes vs KoW from 2007 from the JCC right now and it’s wild.  RIP Jay.

• Like 4