DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23 - DIVISIONAL DEVASTATION WEEKEND!

Dolfan in NYC

32 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

The Shield told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

WAR IS PEACE. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. IT'S NOT A CATCH UNLESS YOU COMPLETE THE PROCESS WHEN FALLING TO THE GROUND

But really, though, don't you think the rulebook's fixation with minutae and microdetails like this drag the game's rules beyond the capacity of the human eye to accurately officiate in real time fuel this greater phenomenon of repeatedly being told what we saw happen didn't actually happen and, thus, exacerbate the problem of the officials looking bad and, to the more conspiracy minded folks among us, that the on field results are at least partially engineered?

It's not even that I think that was the wrong call. I'm pretty sure it was the right call by the letter of the rules.

It's just become so fucking hard to tell if something is or is not a catch anymore, because the rules are so goddamn specific and replays so ubiquitous that you basically have to throw your hands up and wait 

I'm not even one of the "anti-replay" fans, I think on a whole replay has been a slight good, and it could be much better with some tweaks.

I'm just so tired of trying to guess what is or isn't a catch.

------

Man, Buffalo's secondary has just been crushed this year.

• Like 2

I didn’t see the play but I’ve been saying for a long time what I think Brian is saying, in addition to what he already said, if that makes any sense (as much sense as the rules right). They usually call things correctly by rule, especially catches and incompletions, but the rules are written so that they cancel out common sense. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Lots of pissed off people in Atlanta right now.  I mean the ones who could afford it

The tickets are all refunded automatically since the neutral site game's not happening, but the Bills/Chiefs fans dumb enough to buy non-refundable airfare...they're absolutely losing their minds right now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

how many Atlanta United tickets could one get with the money of a refunded AFC title game ticket. Although in all seriousness, I suspect a lot of the tickets sold were to people way outside of Georgia, so the airlines will 'suffer' making slightly less money than they usually make from people cancelling their Atlanta flights.

So this AFC title game is the first repeat since Broncos/Browns in 87/88.

Other AFC title game repeats: Steelers/Oilers (79/80), Raiders/Steelers (75/76/77). Steelers/Oilers was the only one at the same site both years.

Last time the road team won back to back AFC title game: 2005/2006 (Patriots at Steelers, Steelers at Broncos). The same team hasn't won back to back AFC title games on the road. Dolphins were home/road/home in the 70s, Steelers home/road then home/home, Broncos road/home vs Cleveland, Bills home/home/road/home for 4 years in a row, Broncos road/home in the 90s, Patriots home/road, then home/home in the 2010s, and Chiefs were home/home in 2020/2021.

So the Bengals will be the favored team soon enough, the line narrowed quickly, because of previous history and Mahomes' ankle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

The tickets are all refunded automatically since the neutral site game's not happening, but the Bills/Chiefs fans dumb enough to buy non-refundable airfare...they're absolutely losing their minds right now

maybe more so the Chiefs fans.. Bills fans could have a logical reason to spend a weekend in the relative warmth of Atlanta. Don't gotta pack as much if your vacation lasts 2 days.

Lol, we’ll be talking for years about Mike McCarthy’s less-than-inspiring halftime speech “This is how I would coach Russell Wilson…”

At this point, I’d believe anyone who told me that Dak and Maher are both sleeper agents.  I think the codeword is “Rosebud.”

Edited by Doc Townsend

Where there is no way Mahrer is going to be responsible for the Cowboys not winning if they dont.  Hell he is the offense once they get to the 30 in 2nd half

Although if the Cowboys now get a TD on this drive 😬

Edited by hammerva