DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 1/18/2023!

DEAN

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Saraya and Toni Storm turning heel so quickly is strange.  Like they are telling us that Britt Baker was right all along.  But if it keeps Shida a face I will allow it

Quadruple turn! I called it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think Britt and Hayter don't officially turn, but stay popular tweeners. 3 way feud - Saraya/Storm v Willow/Ruby v Britt/Hayter with Shida as the chaos bringer...or maybe teams with the one person she trusts to be able to murder people....Serena Deeb

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

That was a freaking amazing 2 hours of pro wres!

Danielson/Bandido was EPIC. So fucking good. 

Darby/Kushida was pretty amazing too. I forgot how good Kushida is. And Darby was Darby. They clicked so well.

Everything else was at least really fun. Glad to see Top Flight get a big win. I'm a sucker for Jarrett & Co. Interested to see where they are going with Saraya and Toni. I almost expected Ruby to turn when she came out for the save lol.

Is it me or did Sting's makeup look...weird? The black paint around his face that framed the white paint looked almost distractingly messy me lol.

I can't wait to see Takeshita and Bandido take on more of the AEW roster. Imagine Bandido vs Omega!

Killer show. Thanks TK!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

I think Britt and Hayter don't officially turn, but stay popular tweeners. 3 way feud - Saraya/Storm v Willow/Ruby v Britt/Hayter with Shida as the chaos bringer...or maybe teams with the one person she trusts to be able to murder people....Serena Deeb

Well. You know what we need.  TAG TITLES!

• Like 7

1) Bandido rules. He is absolutely incredible. Bryan is also amazing at the acting part and character moments. He does not nearly get enough credit in that department but he knows how to react organically. The end of the match when he had a look of “Man, how did I beat that dude?” was aces. I never watched Total Divas but Bryan can absolutely be an actor if he wanted. What a talent.

2) That MJF promo was silly. When have we ever seen a dark, twisted monster from MJF? They really need to sit down and think about the MJF character and why it works: Just be an underhanded rich, pompous snob who wants attention. 

3) I it could be interesting if we get a Hayter/Britt/Shida/Willow vs Saraya/Toni/Ruby/??? feud. That would be a fun change of dynamics. I do not know who ??? could be since it isn’t going to be Mercedes. 

4) The Darby match was hella fun. Darby sold the arm stuff really well. He is so good at finding ways to generate sympathy and looking like an underdog who has to fight for everything he has. 

5) Bucks vs. Top Flight was fun floppy goodness with a good elevation for Top Flight. I could get down with them and AR Fox and The Elite throwing each other around for a few weeks.

6) As much as I love The Gunns and The Acclaimed, I do not want to see them squaring up again so quickly. It sort of feels like FTR deciding to rest up the next few months may have taken TK by surprise and they are missing a different team to throw at them. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, elizium said:

I think Saraya was always meant to be a heel, but they knew she was not about to be booed in her first appearances back, so they made her a "face" but kept her pretty disingenuous. I don't think it was too quick, I think she was always on the line, but turning her back on Shida in that one promo cemented it.

Not super thrilled that in the end, they are going with homegrown vs outsiders, but Saraya and Storm should be super fun assholes

Bringing Ruby in to that right away is interesting then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Which match was better, Danielson/Takeshita or Danielson/Bandido? I liked Bryan/Bandido more.

I'm thinking it's recency bias.  I hope they put off the Iron Match until GRAPPLE IN THE CASTLE 2026 so Danielson has a match every week for three years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

One of these weeks Starks/Andretti will escape their feud with the JAS.

Don't know if you've checked where we are on the calendar, but Jericho's probably riding this till the PPV at the very least.

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

My brain: "Oh wow that was a bad catch -- Oh nevermind, just another clip for the Darby Is Crazy reel"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Which match was better, Danielson/Takeshita or Danielson/Bandido? I liked Bryan/Bandido more.

I think I liked Bryan/Bandido more as well because Bryan got to do some stuff he wouldn’t normally do, whereas Danielson/Takeshita was more them throwing their stuff at each other and seeing who broke first (which I also loved). I probably got more caught up in Bryan/Takeshita because of my major Lard Lad fandom and the joy of seeing him elevated, but Bryan/Bandido reminded me of Eddy vs Benoit.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

It's a toss up. One day, I might like Danielson/Takeshita better. Another day, I might prefer to watch Danielson/Bandido. You really can't go wrong with either one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I think I'm basically with @JLowe. Like any decent wrestling fan with a pulse, I can't get enough Take in my life, but this one was rad because it made me think about all those interviews Bryan was giving when he was sidelined by WWE talking about wishing to go to Mexico and do hair vs hair matches and things like that. So I think knowing he's been jonesing to have this kinda match gave it just a *liiiiiittle* something extra, in my mind.

• Like 6