DVDVR Message Board

Tablet trouble.

The Natural

I have an Amazon Fire tablet. I pressed the on button yesterday and slid my finger up to get past the add to get to the menu screen as you do. Instead I get "Fire is starting...", it then goes to the add so you slide your finger up and still get the "Fire is starting..." It also says I've got no Wi-Fi internet which is BS as my phone, my Dad's and Sister's are fine. I've tried turning it on and off but I'm stuck in the same cycle. First time I've had this issue. Hoping it can be fixed and I won't lose all the things saved onto it. Any advice? Cheers.

Try a hard reboot first.  When the screen's lit, hold the power button down for about 40 seconds (ignore the instructions on the screen).  The screen will turn off.  Let it sit about 15-20 seconds, then turn it back on.  See of that cleared it.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Try a hard reboot first.  When the screen's lit, hold the power button down for about 40 seconds (ignore the instructions on the screen).  The screen will turn off.  Let it sit about 15-20 seconds, then turn it back on.  See of that cleared it.

No such luck unfortunately. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

A quick googling suggests doing the above but with the power charger cable plugged in and charging might help? If not it would appear the next step would be attempting a factory reset which would get rid of everything you have saved on it which would appear to be an issue.

I would suggest if the above doesn't work to go to amazon help and asking them directly for assistance, I assume they would know any other potential solutions.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if youtube fucked up thier layout on thier homepage?  My tablet used to display like 6 videos in a 3  column x 2 row layout.  Now it's one per row and the ads are so fucking large they don't even fit on the screen in landscape mode.

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

Does anyone know if youtube fucked up thier layout on thier homepage?  My tablet used to display like 6 videos in a 3  column x 2 row layout.  Now it's one per row and the ads are so fucking large they don't even fit on the screen in landscape mode.

Arguably why YT premium is best value for money every month for streaming services.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:46 AM, odessasteps said:

Arguably why YT premium is best value for money every month for streaming services.

Yep, YT Premium gang here.  I hate paying for it but the elimination of ads is well worth it.

• Like 2