DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/26/23 - Atlanta, GA

*Taped for BTI: Zicky Dice (w/ Johnny Swinger) def. Carlie Bravo (8:18) after the High Roller

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 26, 2023 from Atlanta, GA

*Trey Miguel(c) def. "Action" Mike Jackson (6:02) after the Lightning Spiral to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Decay (Black Taurus & Crazzy Steve) run off Trey.

*Kushida & Kevin Knight def. Jason Hotch & John Skyler (4:10) when Kushida used a kimura on Hotch.

*Death Dollz (Taya Valkyrie & JesSICKa)(c) (w/ Rosemary) def. Gisele Shaw & Tara (w/ Jai Vidal) (6:19) to retain the knockouts tag team championships when JesSICKa pinned Gisele with the Sick Driver after Tara got tired of Gisele disrespecting her and turned on her. 

*Bullet Club (Ace Austin & Chris Bey) def. The Major Players (Brian Myers & Matt Cardona) (7:02) when Ace pinned Cardona. After the match, Joe Hendry comes out and accepts Cardona's challenge for the Digital Media Championship. Hendry introduces a parody song mocking Cardona which calls him "Edge's bitch". 

*Jonathan Gresham def. Sheldon Jean (3:20) in a squash.

*Rich Swann def. Rhino, Eddie Edwards, Chris Sabin, Moose, & Callihan (28:34) in the Golden Shooter six-way elimination match to become #1 contender for the Impact Worlds Championship.
-Callihan eliminated Rhino after Moose hit the Spear
-Sabin eliminated Edwards with a small package after a distraction from PCO
-Moose eliminated Sabin after the Spear
-Swann eliminated Moose with a victory roll
-Swann eliminated Callihan with the 450 splash
*After the match, The Design (Deaner, Angels, & Kon) attack Swann until Josh Alexander, Frankie Kazarian, & Yuya Uemura make the save. 

Edited by DreamBroken

Mostly a one match show with the main event being a good big time match, with some fun stuff in between. Felt like a real climb back to the top kind of win for Swann which was cool. Swann/Alexander will deliver the goods.

Joe Hendry's latest video was hilarious, he always kills it. Action Mike Jackson also always rules. Trey's new music sounds great. Tara looked good, nice moment for her to have a brief comeback match.

Dug the Josh/Maclin backstage bit as well. Definitely feeling Maclin eventually becoming next worlds champ and finally reaching the top.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Action Jackson is 73!  Trey Miguel is 10!  This is weirdly good since the novelty has worn off a bit.  NWA Junior heavyweight were bad asses- motherfucking Danny Hodge was the most legit bad ass to EVER wrestle.  "Aw shucks, I almost snapped your tendons."  Trey Miguel lays it on the old fella because Jackson knows that you beat on the babyface until the crowd gets behind him to show this evil motherfucker what for.  And Jackson gets in some comeback!  And then Miguel puts the old man down.    KUSHIDA and Kevin Knight!  AWESOME!  Kevin Skyler and Jason Hotch!  Kevin Night looks great in this.  He does all the highflying stuff and KUSHIDA comes in the Hover Board Lock.  Hey, waitaminnit!  KUSHIDA IS GIMMICK INFRINGING ON ETHAN PAGE!  DEATH DOLLZ!  JesSICKA is wearing her Punk Rock COMBAT COAT!  Taya Valkyrie is top ten in the world!  Giselle Shaw is irritated by IMPACT! legend TARA!  Shaw is great being the biggest BRAT in IMPACT! JesSICKa is the Ryo Mizunami of US wrestling in terms of FUN!  (As opposed to GOOD!)  JesSICKa rules. I love that Shaw will take a total assbeating before tagging Tara!  WIDOWS PEAK on Shaw!  JEsSICKA slaughters Shaw with her K-DRILLER!  Taylor Wilde. Isla Dawn.  Alba Fyre.  Why do the stiffest women in wrestling ALL WORSHIP THE DEVIL?!?!  The MAJOR PLAYERS!  Matt Cardona and Brian Meyers are awesome.  It's Ace Austin and Chris Bey!  They are both freakishly athletic.  Cardona makes the Bullett Club's MCMG style double team look great.  Cardona and Meyers are GREAT beating on ACEBEY with their old school southern heels.  They use it all way to the first serious nearfall! Ace does a wacky roll up to pin Matt Cardona!  POSTMATCH!  Joe Hendry sings a great Rick Springfield song to Matt Cardona.  That's serious hookage.  It's Jonathan Gresham!  I'm sure I've seen Sheldon Gene before.  Sheldon mocks Gresham!  Gresham SHOOTS on Sheldon and hyperextends his knee!  NASTY!  The Golden Six Shooter dealy!  I really these matches.  What you do is hold out a knock out tournament like they do in Japan.  You can have Bully Ray and Steve Macklin in it they can fight their way to the top, getting important wins on the way, or lose important matches to show he is not ready yet.  But here we are- a six man battle royale!  Oh man, these are lame.  I'm trying to figure out who would be the best man on man matchup? I guess Eddie Edwards versus Josh Alexander would be good.  Rich Swann vs Josh Alexander will be good.  Meh!  I SAY MEH!  The rest is pretty good.  Needed more Speedball.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:25 AM, hammerva said:

As much as Joe Hendry gives me serious GRADO and RJ City vibes;  "Edge's Bitch" is a damn good song

Fun Fact: when Joe Hendry made is first Impact run in like 2017 or 2018 or so, he was brought in as Grado's friend.

• 4 weeks later...

I fell behind in my Impact watching but imma try to catch up

The show starts off with a recap of Santino making the Golden Six Shooter Challenge last week plus we get highlights from The Badass Pit Fight.

We are back again live from Da Mutha Ship

The show starts off with a match this week as Trey Miguel defends his X Division Championship against 73 year old Mike Jackson. I remember 3 years ago when Johnny Swinger said he was bringing in a “young buck” an M Jackson to wrestle and it was revealed to be a then 70 year old Mike Jackson. He did an Old School and I remember he made an impression and now here his is defending a women’s honor against this punk kid Trey Miguel. Trey acted like he was using a Walker on the the way to the ring cuz get it Jackson is old. The match starts they tie up do some chain wrestling and Trey is clearly underestimating the seasoned Jackson, the mistake of a younger man. Trey seems to think this is gonna be easy. He’s wrestling like a cocky bastard even cheap shotting the Vet on a handshake fake out. Crowds fully behind Jackson with a “Let’s Go Mike” chants there is some Trey’s from the audience during the pauses. Trey works over Jackson’s fingers snapping them. Trey then goes for a running mid rope moonsault bit Jackson moves out off the way and starts a comeback to a huge “Let’s Go Mike” chant. Trey takes over and tosses Jackson out of the ring goes for a running move Jackson moves out of the way and Trey goes sailing into the guardrail. Mike Jackson takes over the match match to the crowds delight. Back in the ring Jackson is still in control and the crowd is loving it. Jackson is working over the arm and it’s Oldest School Time!!!! Mike doing this at 73 is pretty cool. He’s not the fastest walking the ropes but he’s smooth. A Mike chant starts and Trey tosses Mike off the top rope onto the match and starts an aggressive attack on Jackson. Treys fed up he wants to end this guy. Trey hits the Lightening Spiral which is like a 360 fireman’s carry. Imagine a Canadian Destroyer and what that would be as a fireman’s carry. He wins with that move and gets a 3. Trey Miguel retains his X Division Championship. After the match Trey goes for his green spray paint under the ring he steps back startled as Crazzy Steve slides out head first from under the ring. Trey gets in the ring Steve follows Steve’s body is painted with Trey Miguel’s logo. This freaks Trey out and Trey leaves the ring but is Cornered  by Black Tarus so he jumps into the crowd and leaves that way. I liked this match a lot. They kept it simple but it worked. That crowd was all about Mike Jackson. If Jackson had gotten a roll up win they would have lost their shit. I mean it would have been cool if they gave Jackson a little run. They kinda set up seeds for a Jackson win the Trey doing the Walker spot during his entrance. The punk kid gets one upped. They could’ve had Jackson show on up to the Kissimmee tapings have him defend once or twice have a tag match opposite of Trey then have a rematch with Trey in Vegas have Trey regain there. I’m not trying to shit on the Crazzy Steve Angle but it hasn’t grabbed me yet. I could get more behind the Wiley Vet in Mike Jackson outsmarting the cocky young kid in Trey Miguel. What are the tag champs doing right now I haven’t seen them tag since I started watching Impact this year. I’ve seen singles matches but not a tag program aside from the four way. Steve and Tarus could be doing this same angle with The Machine Guns challenging for the tag straps at the Vegas show. Another thing we’ll two things the episode before this I thought they set the match up perfectly with a backstage segment where Trey talked shut to a women wrestler, Ashley D’Ambouse who had just lost her match, they should have aired the exchange in PnP during Jackson’s entrance and maybe had D’Amboise accompany him to the ring and play apart in the finish. She was in the building.  They could start the Crazzy Steve-Trey angle at the Vegas tapings. Maybe I should take over the book. Maybe Jackson didn’t want a small run but I sure did. Part of me wants them to book Mike Jackson Vs Tatsumi Fujinami at New Japan Vs Impact Wrestling in LA now.

This isn’t the full match just highlights but if you haven’t seen Mike Jackson vs Johnny Swinger here ya go, also this match took place at The Coca Cola Roxy not Center Stage and I understand the history of Da Mutha Ship but I liked the loon of the Roxy with the over hanging balcony better.

Gia Miller is Backstage with Impact World Heavyweight Champion Josh Alexander. Gia asks about the Golden Six Shooter match and Alexander is very diplomatic in his response putting over all 6 competitors. All 6 competitors are former NWA/TNA/Impact World Champions. Steve Macklin comes out says he’s beating everybody in the match e we high is pretty impression to have beaten 6 World Champions and tells Alexander that he’s gunning for him. I’d be down for that match.

Match Number 2 is the two guys who helped Bully Ray put Scott D’Amore through that table calling themselves The Good Hands vs Kushida and Kevin Knight of New Japan. One of The Good Hands is in Long Trunks the other is in Short Trunks this is important as this is how I will be referring to them. I have a pet peeve, on commentary Rehwoldt explains that Kushida and Knight teamed up in the Jr Tag League which is all well and good they established them as an experienced team but some footage of them in the tag league would have been nice some free publicity for New Japan’s streaming service plus they should have briefly shown clips as Rehwoldt was speaking to coincide with what’s he’s was saying maybe show a double team move or two and their finishers maybe show them getting the fall just to give some visual aide to what was being conveyed over commentary but I digress back to the match. Knight starts off with Long Trunks. Crowd chants for Kushida hes on the apron people be patient! After some brief chain wrestling Kushida gets in there with Long Trunks. Crowd doesn’t pop like you think they would after that chant. Knight Kudhida keep tagging each other in working over the arm of Long Trunks. Long Trunks rolls out of the ring and runs around the ring and back in. Kushida follows. Long tags in Short, Kushida doesn’t see it squares up with Long and Short punches him on the back of the head. The Good Hands pose. The crowd boos as Short Trunks stomps a mud hole into Kushida. Someone yells out “come on Bushi” wrong Japanese guy pal. Short rams Kushida into his corner tags in Long who knocks Knight off the Apron spin kicks Kushida who walks into a rolling German suplex from Short, Long bridges it into a pin attempt Kushida kicks out. Short tags back in. Kushida with a double springboard back elbow then gets the hot tag to Kevin Knight who cleans house with running clotheslines. Knight with a Stinger Splash to Short in the corner. Long makes a run at Knight who moves out of the way and crashes into Short. Knight bodyslams Long. Short takes control but Knight hits a drop kick. Kushida and Long now as Kushida hits an arm drag and an elbow. Kudhida has Short up in the electric chair position and Knight hits a standing drop kick Square in the middle of Shorts chest. Knight dives over the top rope as Kushida puts Short in an arm bar and Short Taps. Good match. Put Kushida and Knight against MCMG. There’s is a dramatic element with Kushida and Alex Shelley bring former tag team partners after all.

Santino Marella is backstage with Giselle Shaq and Jai is it? Giselle wants to know who her partner is as Santino as brought it upon himself to find a partner for Giselle is her upcoming match tonight against The Death Dolls. The match is in next. Sati I opens a door we don’t see the person but Jai? marks out. 

Mickie James runs into Jordynne Grace backstage. They discuss their match at Hard to Kill. Mickie takes exception with Grace making the save for last week. We were gonna get beat up and you’re complaining about someone saving your ass? Grace says she has a rematch clause and wanted Mickie in 100% health. Grace is confident that she’s gonna be champion soon.

Match Number 3 Taya Valkyrie and JesSICka of The Death Dolls defending their Knockout World Tag Team Championships against Giselle Shaw and a mystery partner who is … Tara. Giselle hasn’t been getting along with her tag partners as of late so newly appointed Director of Authority, Santino Marella found Giselle a tag partner hopefully one she’ll be able to coexist with. Tara was in TNA/Impact from 2009-2013 and now she’s back for seemingly a one time appearance. She was at Hard to Kill so I guess they decided to use her the next day. But they’ll ignore D’Amboise even though she was used as a device to set up a match and was in the building for the match. So this, starts with Taya and Tara. Crowd “Tara” she seems taken aback by the response. She hadn’t done any grind yet. Before anything can happen Giselle tags her self in. Crowd boos. Giselle argues with her partner. Jai shouts “she has a plan trust the process”. It’s always nice to have a delusional idiot in one’s corner. Crowd chants “We Want Tara” as Giselle and Taya lock up. Taya JesSICKa tags in and dominates with ease. Giselle rolls out of a leg drop hits a super kick covers JesSICKa who kicks out. Giselle stays in ring even though the crowd and her partner disagree with this decision. Giselle is in offensive control so what’s the fuss about. Crowd chants “Lets Go Tara”, Tara is begging to be tagged in Giselle turns around says something to Tara that I didn’t catch then turns back around and eats a nasty spear from JesSICKa. JesSICKa tags in Taya Giselle has the opportunity to tag in Tara but elects not to. Taya takes advantage of this and goes to town on Giselle. With some kicks and a clothesline. Taya gets whipped into the ropes and is tripped by Jai who celebrates only to be speared by Rosemary at ringside. Crowd breaks out into a “Rosemary” chant. Giselle has a chance to tag in Tara but doesn’t even taunting her partner. She gets Taya up on her shoulders and hits Taya move The Spider Web which is a fireman’s carry side slam and it’s also Tara’s move. At this point I don’t think Giselle likes to get along with her tag partners. Giselles pissed cuz Taya keeps kicking out. Crowds chants “Tara” Giselle plays up a tag getting the crowd and Tara fired up goes for the tag but refuses to tag Tara comes in the ring confronts Giselle says “I’m your partner you respect me” they argue Giselle is having none of it they start shoving each other Tara hits her widows peak finisher which the crowd pops for a “You Still Got It” chant pops out and Tara leaves Giselle laid out on the mat. JesSICKa hoists Giselle on her shoulders Taya kicks Giselle in the head and JesSICKa drives Giselles head in the mat for the 3. Death Dolls retain. Good match: I’d like to have seen more from Tara. I guess she doesn’t wanna go full time but based on that reaction I’d have brought Tara in for the Kissimmee tapings atleast to build towards a match with Giselle for the Vegas show. Atleast of the the stuff between Giselle and Tara played into the bigger storyline of Giselle vs The Death Dollz and Giselle Always falling short cuz she can’t play nice with others.

We get another witchcraft vignette from Taylor Wilde. I like the gimmick. It’s in contrast from her old TNA gimmick. No complaints I thought the video was and the other one I saw are well done and get the character across. We get clips from the Killer Kelly match and it looks like it’s far from over I can’t get on board on that. 

Santino Marella blows smoke up Dave Lagreccas ass for the Tommy Dreamer interview from the week before. Bully Ray shows up and he’s not pleased he makes Dave back up and stand next to the wall. Bully is pissed he’s not in the Golden Six Shooter match he’s a former world champion he wants to know why. Santino says Bully had a world title match and he lost. Bully says there was interference in the match and he got screwed over. Santino says “you lost”. Bully says he’s been a big fan of Santino but says not to forget what happened to the last guy who crossed him and Bully leaves. Santino asks Dave how he handles Bully Dave says he doesn’t only one man can and it’s Tommy. So the angle lives on. I hope while they had Lagrecca they did more sit down interviews I might not like the angle advanced but I like the idea of long form sit down interviews to advance storylines. 

Gia Miller is backstage with Tasha Steelz and Savannah Evans. Gia Miller brings up the tension between the two women. Tasha says this isn’t working and walks off. Is this how they wrote Tasha off the show for the time being?

Match number 4 is the Major Players (Matt Cardona and Brian Myers) vs Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey). I guess Ace and Bey are Bullet Club B-Team or Bullet Club Hollywood but that’s not indicative of their in ring skills they’d run circles around Horace and Brain Adams I mean that more so in rank and stature within the group. They get a cool letterboxed cinematic entrance which nWo Hollywood never got even though Hollywood is in the name also Ace and Bey can’t be the B Team Chase Owens isn’t accompanying them to the ring. This is why I should be given the book cuz Chase Owens would be seconding Ace Austin and Chris Bey to the ring with a Bullet Club shirt tucked into his dad jeans while wearing white framed sunglasses ala Vincent. But let’s talk about this match, it stars off with Cardona and Bey as two gentlemen in the front row try their darndest to get a “Too Sweet” chant going. Bey and Cardona are pretty evenly matched to begin nobody really gets the offensive upper hand until Bey starts working over the arm and tags in Ace. Super double action from the Blizz Clizz Boys. Myers tags in eats a Russian Leg Sweep then gets the Click Click Boom which is when Bey hits a standing moonsault and Bey hits a standing leg drop. Myers rolls out of the ring and Ace dives onto both Myers and Cardona as a “Whoop Whoop Too Sweet” chant breaks out. Myers and Austin battle on the apron Cardona distracts Myers who does an arm breaker to save standing him back to the floor Myers tags in Cardona. It’s now Cardona and Ace ringside and Cardona runs him over. Shouts “Major Players” And tosses Ace back in the ring. This starts The Ricky Morton as Cardona and Myers take turns beating up Ace. Ace tried to get a tag but is cut off by the newly tagged in Myers. Myers gets in a side headlock. Myers taunts Bey and eats a big side kick from Ace. Duel tags to Bey and Cardona. They start out blow for blow but Bey gets the advantage. Springboard spinning heel kick to Myers on the apron. Bey goes off the top onto Cardona. Myers slams Ace into the ring steps Bey gives chase Myers runs into the ring Bey follows and eats a HUGE clothesline from Cardona. Myers is sly like a fox. Cardona with a reboot to Bey in the corner followed by a top rope elbow by Myers now the legal man. Tag back to Cardona. A double team is thwarted. Ace with a head scissor take down to Myers. An awkward sequence of double team moves later Bullet Club pin Cardona. Good match really good match for sloppy with the finish but I won’t hold that against them. I think Bey and Ace made a good team they were also in that New Japan tag tournament a week ago or whenever they cut that promo they should have aired some footage of then competing as a tag team just to familiarize the viewing audience with them as a tag team. Just a pet peeve. Cardona and Myers are an established tag team. One thing that came to mind when I was watching this match and it’s a compliment to Cardona and Myers when watching their Vlog they are very likable guys but damn they are really good at being unlikable in the ring. I’m splitting this up into two parts so here’s a Brain Adams and Horace Hogan tag match cuz I brought them up. 

I’m starting another Paragraph cuz Impact Wrestling Digital Media Champion Joe Hendry makes his way to the entrance and I know we are getting Edges Bitch music video. I’m getting ahead of myself but I felt like we didn’t need one manifesto sized paragraph. Hendry comes out to the ramp like I said, and accepts Matt Cardona’s challenge for the Digital Media Championship. Hendry then brings up his Dancing Moose song and then brings us to the Edges Bitch music Video. Hendry printed out Cardona and Chelsea Greens faces and made masks out of them. Myers too. It’s pretty clever. Myers and Cardona get all heated over the video. Crowd went along with it chanting “Edges Bitch”. I guess I didn’t need to start another paragraph. I think this program is gonna be entertaining no doubt about it but on the other hand, Cardona could be a main event player in Impact. Dude isn’t gonna put on a clinic but he isn’t a bad wrestler and in there with the right dance partner he can have bangers plus he has charisma. What exactly is the Digital Media Championship I mean I know what it is but what sets it apart from any other championship within Impact? What’s the hook? If it is the Digital Media Championship maybe it should be Exclusive to the YouTube Show BTI. TNA/Impact has seemed to struggle with establishing a secondary championship as anything other than a Midcarders title which in and of itself isn’t bad but the audience isn’t gonna get excited about a midcarders title unless there’s something different about it. I’m just stream of consciousness right now. Cardona has a big internet presence maybe he can win the belt do something on his Vlog maybe go around the indies defending the belt and putting the matches on his YouTube or Impacts YouTube. Maybe Impact could have Cardona do a blog for them similar to what they do on the Major Figure YouTube. Show a condensed version on Impact of Cardona flying into a town defending the belt and on to the next one.

Moose is backstage towel around his shoulders doing those standing push ups on a wall. Myers And Cardona show up pissed and assure Moose they got Hendry Handled. The leave Moose grins. They played right into Moose’s hands they are gonna deal with Hendry for him. 

Match 5 is Jonathan Gresham Vs Sheldon Jean. Sheldon has the height advantage on Gresham. The announce Sheldon from Canada. I wonder how he ended up in Atlanta. Sheldon makes the mistake of teasing Gresham for his height. Gresham gets in a side headlock. Sheldon tried to lift Gresham up but Gresham uses his center of gravity and the comprising positions he has Sheldon to near go over head. Gresham eventually gets Sheldon to the ground and does sone over the shoulder Greco type throws never losing the side headlock. Sheldon misses a running boot, but does punch Gresham in the face. Gresham hits the ropes and it’s like a cartoon fall Gresham sucks gets behind Sheldon and drops to all fours Sheldon backs up and falls that a lumbering tree. Gresham gets in a leg lock he’s pulling Sheldon’s leg towards his head. Sheldon struggles but gets to the ropes. Both men are on there feet Sheldon has like a face claw on Gresham he lets go to taunt Gresham, he pantomimes rocking baby to sleep then kicks Gresham in the gut. Then knees Gresham in the face Gresham ducks a second knee and drop kicks Sheldon in his knee Sheldon summersalts midair and lands on the mat. Sheldon gets in some offense but Gresham hits another Greco throw and then a knee to the back of the head for the 3. Pretty much a squash. I like seeing Gresham make quick work of fools as much as the next person but Gresham is way too talented to not be doing something of substance 

Kevin Kelly Voice Over New Japan on AXS is Mutohs last New Japan match FTR vs Goto and Yoshi-Hashi and Kairi defends the women’s championship all from Wrestle Kingdom. 

Main Event Time! Golden Six Shooter Elimination Match Moose Vs Rich Swann Vs Sami Callihan Vs Rhino Vs Eddie Edwards Vs Chris Sabin. Like I said before all these man have been NWA/TNA/Impact world champions.  Eddie has green in his Mohawk I don’t know if it’s new or not when it comes to observations im no Columbo. Match starts off Edwards and Sami have Rhino in one corner Swann and Sabin have Moose in the other. Moose and Rhino both do the spot where you get ahold of both opponents and whip them into each other. Moose and Rhino have a stare down then try to take each other down with shoulder tackles. Moose puts his thumbs in Rhinos eyes, Rhino whips him into the ropes and hits a clothesline. Sabin and Rhino now. Sabin tries to take Rhino out with a series of clotheslines doesn’t work he ends up ducking an attack and hitting a springboard clothesline knocking Rhino off his feet. Sabin and Sami, Sami invites strikes to his face. Sami hits a maneuver that’s set up like a Rock Bottom but ends up being a suplex. Sabin and Calihan end up on the apron reading strikes. Sami goes into the post. Sabin hits a crossbody off the top rope onto Moose. I couldn’t clearly hear the crowd but it sounded like a “TNA” chant broke out. Sami and Swann in the ring, Swann with a drop kick. Edwards and Swann now, Swann hits a huricaronna on Edwards sending him to the outside. Swann hits a cannonball splash on Edwards Moose and somebody else. It was Sabin. So much is going on it’s spot after spot after spot. Edwards hits a falcon arrow on Swann followed by Sabin hitting a top rope missile drop kick on Edwards then Sami hits Sabin with a neck breaker then Rhino chops the fuck outta Sami’s chest. Rhino is hitting shoulder tackles in the corner now. “Gore” chant breAks out but Moose spoils the fun and hits a spear on Rhino. Sami hits Moose with a super kick right to the kisser then covers Rhino for the 3. Rhino has been eliminated. Moose clubbers Sami as we go to break. We came back from break Swann is slumped over in one corner and Moose has Sabin in another corner chopping his chest to bits. Running Elbow to Swann Moose then tried it with Sabin but eats a boot. Sabin on the Middle Rope Moose slugs him Sabin and Swann end up on the top turnbuckle and Moose drop kicks both men Swann falls to the outside Sabin is slumped over Moose with a rock bottom to Edwards. Top Rope Tornado DDT from Sabin to Moose. Sami and Sabin mixing it up now. Tornado DDT from Sabin to Edwards. Shit happened between that but I can’t keep up watch the match below. Sabin charges at Sami who trips him into the ring post. There’s a cool sequence of events where Sami gets Swann to place Sabin into a stunner position then kicks the legs out from under Swann that was cool. Sami then takes a bow. Eddie and Swann end up duking it out Sabin hound the mix and Edwards Powerbombs Swann onto Sabin. Edwards and Sabin end up in the ring alone together resulting in a mini match between the two. Crowd chants “PCO” towards Edwards. You can’t kill Frankenstein Eddie. Eddie with a Tiger Driver. PCOs music Plays and PCO comes out but is stopped by security. This distracts Edwards and Sabin hits a tornado ddt converted into a small package roll up for the 3. Eddie Edwards has been eliminated. Moose runs in and kicks Sabin in the head. Moose in control over Sabin. “Let’s Go Moose” chant starts up but Moose yells “Shut the hell up” at the crowd. Moose still in control over Sabin. Sabin fired back with a series of punches but Moose hits a Rock Bottom. “Let’s Go Moose” starts up again. Sabin makes another comeback goes for a tornado DDT Moose shoves him off and hits a spear for the 3. Chris Sabin has been eliminated. Swann with a super kick too Moose, 3 times now the person who eliminated someone kicks kicked in the face right after. Swann and Sami Clothesline each other as we go to break. We come back from Break Swann Sami and Moose are all on the mat. All 3 do the New Japan spot where they smack each other in the face as they get to their feet. Headbutts! They take turns hitting movez on each other. Crowd chants “Let’s Go Rich” Moose chop blocks the leg right out from under Swann. Take that Crowd! Moose works over Swanns leg. Moose in control. Callaghan is on the outside. Moose is still working over Swanns leg. He proclaims that he “could do this all damn day”. Swann gets rolls Moose up and gets the 3. Moose has been eliminated. It’s down to Rich Swann and Sami Callahan. Moose is not happy. I’m not happy that Swann didn’t get super kicked right after pinning Moose, the trend has been broken. Deaner of The Design comes out I guess to make sure Sami “completes the task. Angels and Khan are there too. Sami goes for Swanns bad leg.  Swann with haymakers. Sami with a powerbomb’s him he rolls into an ankle hook. Swann gets to the ropes. Both men on their feet trading Strikes Swann levels Sami with a super kick goes to the middle rope. Lands a 450 splash for the 3. Rich Swann is the number 1 contender for the Impact World Championship he’ll face Josh Akexander at No Surrender. Match was good it was given a hell of a lot of time. After the match, Deaner isn’t pleased with Sami Callahan. The Design enter the ring. Deaner is directing Sami to do something. Swann tries to reason with Sami. Deaner levels Swann. Khan and Angels put the boots to Swann as Sami looks on. Deaner sets Sami for a piledriver but Yuya Uemura runs at and makes the save for Rich Swann. He gets gang jumped for his efforts. Josh Alexander and Frankie Kazarian run out to even the odds and we end the program with the babyfaces standing tall. 

Good show Built around the Golden Six Shooter Challenge which delivered all the other matches were short but good I’m a little disappointed that Johnny Swinger and The Cat didn’t have any type of exchange backstage. 

• Like 1