DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Returns to WWE

lol holy shit, there’s a CNBC article about the Khan’s interest in buying WWE. And they’re apparently open to finding a role for Vince if they were to buy it.

again, unlikely to happen, but what even is the last few years in pro wrestling? goddamn this is crazy.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the very least, AEW just got a ton of free publicity and became known to a lot more people with money with the news coming out today. But whoever “leaked” the “Vince can have a job” line to CNBC shows me they aren’t serious and are instead more interested in trying to flex. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

At the very least, AEW just got a ton of free publicity and became known to a lot more people with money with the news coming out today. But whoever “leaked” the “Vince can have a job” line to CNBC shows me they aren’t serious and are instead more interested in trying to flex. 

Dixie Carter getting face time at the Benoit congressional hearings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

"WELCOME TO WRESTLEMANIA!" and that's the only time you see him every year

Vince could be like Stan Lee in all those Marvel movies, but for the ppv’s. Like a really jacked where’s Waldo old man.

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, caley said:

Seriously, read that paragraph and imagine it coming directly from Vince's mouth...you can't do it.  

I can. I lived through Pillman's death and the Bret justification. Him being officious as well as a terrible liar at the same time is very familiar without any of his big lines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Has Matress Mack won enough from his gamblings yet? I know he's got ties to the WWE with WMX7.

(this is a joke. He just lost $7 mil on TCU)

I, for one, would welcome our new Mattress overlord 

(although the last couch we got from Gallery Furniture is falling apart)

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

if you sold mattresses, would there be enough upside to "my mattress can withstand a body slam" to make wrestlers think the business isn't being exposed? (or would it also be bad because it'll given kids even more motivation to wrestle on mattresses)

Man if I sold mattresses I would not give one fuck and I would step in front of a tractor.

1. Not that there is anything wrong with mattress selling. It's a noble and honorable calling. It's just, you know, not for me...
  2. It just occurred to me to just say this once and get it over with "If any emissaries of any prince's of any country's investment funds are looking around at wrestling message boards as part of an online viral strategy, i can guarantee you big engagements. If you can guarantee me, you know, big paygagements if you know whata I mean!"
  3. Just needed to say that. also i think I clicked on a button that made my post a bunch of number things. I am high.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Casey said:

lol holy shit, there’s a CNBC article about the Khan’s interest in buying WWE. And they’re apparently open to finding a role for Vince if they were to buy it.

Tony gives Vince and Bruce total booking control over the WWE and then grants Andrade his wish to go back. 😂 Or Tony decides to book the WWE like a Southern Rasslin promotion and has Vince go back to working commentary and makes him use words like "wrestling" and other words Vince didn't want talent using. 

I hope (and I'm pretty positive) that nothing comes from these rumors. Though I'm not a fan of the alternative option of someone else buying it and leaving Vince in charge. 

Edited by evidence

It'll be a glorious twenty minutes of Bryan Danielson winning all the belts till we have to relieve you of the position after seeing Penta taunting out of the corner of your eye and deciding to jimcornette stossell Invader 2 him in front of the boys too.

Edited by GuerrillaMonsoon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t think the Khans are likely to buy WWE and I don’t know how serious their intentions are, but I do think it would be a mistake to conflate 2018 Shad Khan’s skepticism regarding his son’s ability to build a successful wrestling start-up from scratch with what 2023 Shad Khan might think of acquiring the worldwide leader. Especially after 4 years of his son proving he could do the former. His entrepreneur brain could very well be thinking “if we could do (x) with AEW, we could do (y) with WWE.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EVA said:

I don’t think the Khans are likely to buy WWE and I don’t know how serious their intentions are, but I do think it would be a mistake to conflate 2018 Shad Khan’s skepticism regarding his son’s ability to build a successful wrestling start-up from scratch with what 2023 Shad Khan might think of acquiring the worldwide leader. Especially after 4 years of his son proving he could do the former. His entrepreneur brain could very well be thinking “if we could do (x) with AEW, we could do (y) with WWE.”

There is a huge difference between funding your son’s e-fed come to life and hoping it goes somewhere and buying a $6.5 billion media property that is profitable and has valuable intellectual property that can be used in so many ways. The WWE is financially a really good company and a good bet as an investment. 

I don’t think it is happening with the Khans. I think they certainly made inquiries with investment banks or whoever and that is how it ended up in Barron’s. You can’t just email a Barron’s reporter and say “hey, we are interested in buying WWE” and they run it in an article. But the CNBC article where they say Vince can have a job if they buy it — maybe that was said in earnestness but it was also absolutely the wrong thing to say. I could see TK not having the self-awareness to realize how that would fly (and I firmly believe he was the unquoted source) but that also just reeked of someone trying to flex and get his name out there knowing it was highly unlikely they will be unable to outbid Comcast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That reminds me of whenever Steph would be on TV or YouTube things dancing and Hunter would be standing there like, "yep, this is my wife, she loves to dance at any opportunity, I'm just gonna stand over here and hope she stops."

• Haha 4