DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Returns to WWE

Don't know if this is where sale talk goes, but here's Ari Emanuel talking about Endeavor's position regarding WWE:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1630720566050029568

"[WWE] is an unbelievable product... [Vince McMahon's] business is really valuable, but we're not going to do anything as it relates to changing our leverage position right now."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Don't know if this is where sale talk goes, but here's Ari Emanuel talking about Endeavor's position regarding WWE:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1630720566050029568

Lol it's valuable but NOT that valuable.

So as suspected that non Saudi suitor list is still at zero. Hoping everyone is gearing up for everyone thanking the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia like Jake Paul did this past weekend.

Seriously, the WWE needs someone to swoop in and willing to at least play the role of bait.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

How much can public statements such as that be taken at face value?

A lot considering they simply don't have enough money to purchase WWE. At this point, it's clear that WWE was trying to use Disney (also never in the running) and Endeavor to spice up news about a potential sale. 

Keep in mind, Endeavor is also publicly traded. I don't know if they want that out there even if on the surface it may seem like very good news. 

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why doesn't Comcast just go ahead and buy.. they have the money and they already pay WWE a ton. 

Based on what came out about a little over a month ago, it sounds like either Vince doesn't want to fully part with WWE (i.e. wants to have some involvement going forward) to make it worth Comcast's time and/or they (Comcast/NBCUniversal) want to absolutely clean house and install all their guys. It also sounds like they would rather just be a partner with WWE instead of buying it outright with no comprehensive knowledge of pro wrestling other than basically just broadcasting it. 

It's weird for WWE to basically do this sale under the pretense of you pay us a ton of money and then still allow us to continue to run it from a creative standpoint. Then, float out the idea of Vince is willing to not be a part of WWE post sale under the right circumstances. You cannot have a nine billion price point and THEN want to dictate what happens once you sell it. Outside of KSA, I cannot imagine anyone who would be interesting in buying WWE to not control it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Things went pretty quiet 

We're going to see how that meeting with potential buyers goes. At this point, it's probably going to be Prichard dressed in various costumes and coming in and out of the room as different characters to appease Vince. Break out that Reo Rodgers outfit and pretend to be an old timey Texas oil tycoon and then return as like a fat Elon Musk.

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1

On yesterday's Wrestling Observer Live, Alvarez said something about a recent pre-tape having to be redone because someone said "wrestling," leading to speculation that the clamps may be coming down on language use again.

David Faber of CNBC is reporting that multiple parties are interested in bidding for WWE. He mentions the previous rumors of companies like Endeavor, the Saudis and a “private equity of well known names in the business”. Also mentions Liberty Media, which I don’t remember being rumored before.

He mentioned something about if Endeavor ends up being the top bidder, they’d spin off UFC under another holding company and merge it with WWE.

Also reiterated that CNBC’s parent company Comcast isn’t interested.

37 minutes ago, Casey said:

David Faber of CNBC is reporting that multiple parties are interested in bidding for WWE. He mentions the previous rumors of companies like Endeavor, the Saudis and a “private equity of well known names in the business”. Also mentions Liberty Media, which I don’t remember being rumored before.

He mentioned something about if Endeavor ends up being the top bidder, they’d spin off UFC under another holding company and merge it with WWE.

Also reiterated that CNBC’s parent company Comcast isn’t interested.

F4W reports it's "hot and heavy". That makes it sound like it's a random Lori Harvey fling. This just sounds like a bunch of nonsense mixed in with stuff we already know.

Also, if folks don't how UFC is being run currently, I cannot wait until they get hold of possibly UFC AND WWE. That sounds like a goddamn disaster.

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Here's the actual segment. 

So I come away with this with the same two questions:

1) Is Vince willing to sale under the premise he doesn't have control? (Nick said a whole lot that didn't answer that question and we also didn't get one here)

2) How interested are these "multiple parties"? The parent company for CNBC isn't interested but they doing the hard sale that this would be a great purchase and I don't really disagree. If we're still throwing out Disney, who from what I can see has shown no real interest in making such a move, it sounds like they're still trying maneuver a real interested party into the mix. Already touched on Endeavor. 

Also, if the TV deals still need to be negotiated, why are they moving to get this sale done ASAP? Is the buyer going to negotiate the TV deals? I thought the current regime would be the ones to do that.

Well, he's officially back as an employee, which means this thread is no longer needed.  

If/When a sale happens or he takes over creative again, we'll create a new thread.  Until then, this sort of news can go in the monthly general folder. 

wrestling-wwe.gif

• Like 3