DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Returns to WWE

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Her note was 100% full of shit Lol...   as you'd expect. 

This company is doing so great, that I'm leaving it effective immediately!  Some real "up is down" stuff there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red King said:

Meltzer wrote that Vince is now Executive Chairman of the Board.

Lol, Dave’s been saying that Vince might retake his old roles “in a coupe months” but that there wouldn’t be any immediate changes.  Lol, Vince will be back in gorilla position by the end of January.  Or Friday,  Whichever.

I’m trying hard not to think that Stephanie was involved with the leaks that pointed the WSJ to the nondisclosure agreements that forced Vince out in the first place, and now that he’s back, his enemies are going to turn up with figurative knives in their backs (or literal knives, who knows).  Problem is, I do not believe that.  Lol, not at all.

It’s also worth noting that Stephanie’s first “leave” was widely perceived as a firing, particularly since the company went out of its way to bury her as she headed for the door.

WHAT THE FUCK

i go out of town ice fishing (see the "Stuff" thread in 'Land of Confusion' for how that went!) for a long weekend with no internet access and i come back to all this bombshell news?

i expected Vince to be on the edges of this company forever, or even using his voting power to run the board like a shadow cabinet. but i didn't expect that he'd retake practically the whole thing, and especially not within 6 months.

this shit is wild and i'm glued to future developments. 

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

This feels like one of two things:

1) Stephanie is really fucking pissed at all of the creep shit Vince pulled. A lot of the timeline fits - she stepped down right before those stories broke. She has positioned herself as a pro-woman executive learner type. And, yes, she should be really pissed because Vince’s actions as a CEO (from the being a creep to women and how his payoffs made the company restate earnings and trigger a SEC investigation) are horrifying. In a company with a normal corporate governance set-up, Vince would be long gone and fully purged. But the WWE is of course one man’s company but one on the stock market. 

2) Maybe some within the board like Stephanie do not want to sell the company. A timeline also fits for that. The predator stuff leaks out and Vince steps down. The WWE picks up some creative momentum with Steph as the co-CEO and Hunter handling creative. They decide to maybe wait on a sale and instead focus on the TV rights deal so that can keep running the company. Only Vince decided he wants to sell and he forced his way back after seeing that they were not going for a sale.

Wild times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Red King said:

Meltzer wrote that Vince is now Executive Chairman of the Board.

More than that ...

The same board that two weeks ago said, "Fuck no; you can't come back."

One more time:

d3e9439a32d35b5524b1cfbe0e6383e245271f40

• Haha 1