DVDVR Message Board

Yes/No Voting Explanation

Kevin Wilson

I think everyone knows the basis for how this works but if I am going to be forced to keep an eye on the folder, some really basic concepts:

- The basic idea is that if you watch a puroresu match and really enjoyed it, you come here and in the proper thread "nominate" the match.  It doesn't necessarily mean you think it is the MOTY, although different people have different criteria as to what they nominate or say yes/no to.  Some just use the "I really enjoyed it," for others it is a more strong "this is a Top 20 match this year."  Once you nominate a match, other members will give the match a "Yes" or a "No" depending on if they think the match is worthy.  If the match you were going to nominate already was nominated, be sure to give it a "Yes" vote.

- Assume votes from the old board are lost, so re-watch stuff and vote again!

- If you nominate a match, you have to say something to explain why you are nominating it.  It doesn't have to be a book, but at least a few sentences.  If you can provide a link to where to watch it or post it in the Matches folder, even better, as matches that people don't know where to get won't be watched as much.

- If someone nominated a match but you don't know where to find it, PM the person or throw the request in the Official Request Thread over in the Matches folder. 

- The old rule was that if you did a Yes/No vote on a Nominated match, you didn't have to say anything else.  Well that's still fine and the vote will still count of course, but if you can say a little something as to why you voted that way (especially if you said no) that would be great as well.  Course for matches from January to July that are re-nominated, I wouldn't expect more than a Yes/No since who wants to type up their opinion again :)

- We aren't going to bash people for their opinions.  Debates are great and that is why we have these threads, but insults such as "if you like this match you don't understand wrestling" or "you are a moron if you like this match" will be deleted.  Civil discussions!

- Soon as I have more moddy mod powers I will pin this thread and I guess a thread to put the top voted matches.  I will try to edit the first post of each thread every few days with an updated list of what has been nominated.  I will be uploading matches as I locate them in the Matches folder, so be sure to check there before hunting too hard for a match.

The idea of this is to help highlight the best matches of the year leading to in theory a Best of 2013 Voting.  But if nothing else these threads point people in the direction of some good puroresu and get some discussion going on certain matches.  If you have any questions or I missed anything important just let me know!