DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23: Super! WILDCARD! WEEKEND~!

Dolfan in NYC

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So every team that had no business winning a wild card game is going to be competitive in the Wild Card huh

Well except for Seattle 😑

Even they had a halftime lead.

40 minutes ago, elizium said:

You are right, but that is only 60% of teams doing it, which isn't exactly take it to the bank odds

It's not a lock, but the way people say it you'd think teams that lost twice to the same team are the ones winning 60% of the third games.

Another thing about the 3 peats. The team that sweeps usually gets some kind of break. The 49ers got an upgrade at quarterback. The fact that it wasn’t an upgrade from old Montana to young Steve Young doesn’t matter. It was still an upgrade in their case at this time. 

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HOLY SHIT!!!

THE CRAZY SON OF BITCHES DID IT!!!!

Were you surprised?  The Giants have had the Vikings number for a long time and they have had Kirk Cousins's number since forever.

Feel bad for the Ravens. Partly because my brother is a Ravens fan, partly because it felt like they were somehow the better team yesterday and just fucked up too many times. Now they just get to sit and wait to see what happens with Lamar this offseason, feels like another wasted season for them like last year.

• Like 1

I should mention this (because it probably got lost in the sea of all the other games)

Mike McDaniel says the big reason for the confusion and the delay of game on 4th down was he was told that the Dolphins had gotten a first down

McDaniel said afterward it was communicated to him that the Dolphins had picked up a first down on the prior play, and he didn't immediately have a fourth-down call ready.

"There was some communication that we'd gotten first down," he said. "So then we were deploying a group of players for the first-and-10 call. Then it was articulated that, no, it was fourth down ... I had gotten convicted information that it was a first down; I don't really know exactly who it was from. It's probably the first time all year that that had happened. You try to do your best. As it was, I thought we had a fourth-and-6 opportunity we were unable to come up with.

"You just have to adjust to any variables out there, and I thought we had a chance at fourth-and-6, as well."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I should mention this (because it probably got lost in the sea of all the other games)

Mike McDaniel says the big reason for the confusion and the delay of game on 4th down was he was told that the Dolphins had gotten a first down

From his vagueness, I am assuming it was someone up in the booth that thought he made it as from a wide shot it did look like he was really close. Both the referees running in marked it short so I don't think it would have been from an official, again just my assumption but I would bet he knows who it was and just was being vague so that fans didn't get mad at a particular coach. Still a hell of a mistake to make at that point in the game, and being out of timeouts to avoid three other delay of game penalties. But with a rookie QB those kind of things can happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well that an apparently he needs to hit the vape pen during games.   I mean not sure if one of those delay of games was during that hit but just shows you the different generations of coaches.  

😂😂😂

I’m surprised he didn’t start every sentence with “I feel like” 

McCarthy is the worst coach I swear. The Cowboys have clear strengths and weaknesses on offense. They’ve lost to the Bucs twice in a row trying to force their weaknesses. So what does he do on the first series? Call 3 plays in a row that are their weakness. Now he’s standing there studying his little sheets as if something else is the problem so he can do it again the next series.