DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL Draft, 27-29 April 2023

Gonzo

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

Is Levis name pronounced like Revis, or Levi's? Obviously I am not watching the draft. It really hasn't been fun at all since they moved it to prime time. . . 

I hate this first round is in prime time thing. It's unwatchable. But it pulls numbers.

• Like 1

An idea to make the draft interesting for TV, if you are in the waiting room for the 1st round and don't get picked; you have to stay in the room all night Big Brother style.   I mean you can put some recliners and beds in there 

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HA!!!

TEXANS RUNNING WILD!!!

@Lawful Metal has zero pants

Zero pants and I beat the rec on my trial this week I’ve been in trial 5 out of the last 6 weeks and I give zero fucks we got the two best players in the draft fuck Bryce Young he play like a shittier Deshaun and we don’t need that rapist shit in here

Oh and first Albert Haynesworth type hit he take he gon die

Edited by Lawful Metal
Albert Haynesworth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - some one let me know what random wide receiver the Giants take

Well, it's Deonte Banks.  Not a WR, but he's definitely catching a few balls thrown his way. 

• Like 1

Two Jaguars trades

Giants/Jaguars

• Jacksonville receives #25 overall, #160 overall (fifth round), #240 overall (seventh round)
  • New York receives #24 overall

Jaguars/Bills

• Jacksonville receives #27 overall and #130 overall (fourth round)
  • Buffalo receives #25 overall

13 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I am imagining the Bills wanted a WR but all the 1st round grade ones were gone, so they said fuck it let's get the best TE instead. 

And screwed the Cowboys which is a plus in my book

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The 4 players who were in the green room who didn't get picked are:

• Quarterback Will Levis
  • Defensive end Keion White
  • Cornerback Joey Porter Jr.
  • Defensive back Brian Branch

They don't have to come back for tonight but for what its worth - all 4 are projected to go within the first 10 picks of the 2nd Round

(Levis is being linked to the Lions and Raiders still)

12 hours ago, JLowe said:

They say Bijan has home-run speed but I don’t know if I would go that far, but what he does have is the ability to shake and cut at full speed without losing balance or slowing down. He has elite balance. Only other problem is that he would occasionally dance a little bit before really bursting through the holes in the OL. He has improved greatly as a blitz pickup and he’s an excellent receiver. Three-down guy and has a lot of tread in the tires.

I picture "home run speed" as a light trot around the bases, so that analogy gave me the giggles.

This sounds nuts, but apparently Will McDonald IV is the first Cyclone to go in the first round since RB George Amundson in 1973. The longest drought of all the P5 schools.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2