DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Then say OHIO STATE!!!! There are other schools playing football in that state, including the University of Ohio who is usually referred to as Ohio.

You're still missing a word. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Then say OHIO STATE!!!! There are other schools playing football in that state, including the University of Ohio who is usually referred to as Ohio.

It's amazing to me how much calling them "Ohio" bothers the same fanbase that literally refuses to use the word "Michigan" and uses "That Team Up North" and "scUM" instead.

It's the one good thing Brady Hoke contributed to the rivalry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's amazing to me how much calling them "Ohio" bothers the same fanbase that literally refuses to use the word "Michigan" and uses "That Team Up North" and "scUM" instead.

I'd be just as confused if people referred to Michigan State as just Michigan lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's the one good thing Brady Hoke contributed to the rivalry.

Wait, I thought Ohio State calling themselves Ohio was some sort of arrogant Buckeye thing? It was some sort of insult from U of Michigan? I'm so confused. 

9 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Wait, I thought Ohio State calling themselves Ohio was some sort of arrogant Buckeye thing? It was some sort of insult from U of Michigan? I'm so confused. 

Buckeye fans hate when people don't say "The Ohio State University"

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I'd be just as confused if people referred to Michigan State as just Michigan lol

I'm used to people, myself included, referring to Michigan State as just "State."

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mister TV said:

It's a reference to Brady Hoke refusing to say the full school name much like Ohio uses TSUN to refer to Michigan. 

Lord, and I thought Texas A&M and their whole "tu" thing was dumb. Then again, they literally include that "insult" in their ridiculous fight song.

Edited by JLowe

The week of the Michigan/Ohio game, people go all over the campus in Columbus with red tape and put an X over every single "m" anywhere on campus. Woody Hayes refused to call say the word "Michigan", coining That Team Up North/That School Up North (TTUN/TSUN), and lots of Buckeye fans online will also use scUM instead of U of M.

That had been going on since the 70's, but boy did they not like Hoke calling their school "Ohio."

It's all silly rivalry stuff.

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The week of the Michigan/Ohio game, people go all over the campus in Columbus with red tape and put an X over every single "m" anywhere on campus. Woody Hayes refused to call say the word "Michigan", coining That Team Up North/That School Up North (TTUN/TSUN), and lots of Buckeye fans online will also use scUM instead of U of M.

That had been going on since the 70's, but boy did they not like Hoke calling their school "Ohio."

It's all silly rivalry stuff.

Yeah.  Local Columbus news tries to never say Michigan, preferring to say The Team Up North.  It's annoying and childish.   And I can verify the red tape over any M's in signs around OSU's campus during Michigan week.

The Hoke-Ohio thing is news to me.  But a) there were like a billion years where Michigan didn't beat Ohio State so I head my head in the sand and b) I sure enough am never going to any site/chat rooms where that crap goes down.

The THE thing is also annoying AND childish yet...back to the point at hand...that was sort of foisted on Ohio State by Ohio U trying to trademark Ohio.  Also very childish and annoying.

But I mean, confusing Ohio State and Ohio is the equivalent of confusing Michigan and say Central Michigan or something - not even Michigan State and Michigan.  OSU and Ohio U are on totally different planets.  No one in Ohio thinks much of Ohio U at all - especially not for football.

And tying everything back together, if we are going to refer to an Ohio native who was a good quarterback AND not a horrible human being can we at least reference Roger Staubach and not the serial rapist?

• Like 1

I may be alone on this board, but I’m hoping Brady plays one more year.  I’m basically a fan, but mostly I just think it’s one of the most interesting things that can happen this off-season.  Where he goes and who he convinces he can still go will be peak hot stove league, and then you get the year-long story of whether not he really can still go.  I’m certainly not convinced he can still be a winning starter again, but I wouldn’t bet against him.  Bucs have a lot of issues besides qb play.

I think he’ll ultimately decide to return and a surprising number of teams will line up for him.  

23 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I may be alone on this board, but I’m hoping Brady plays one more year.  I’m basically a fan, but mostly I just think it’s one of the most interesting things that can happen this off-season.  Where he goes and who he convinces he can still go will be peak hot stove league, and then you get the year-long story of whether not he really can still go.  I’m certainly not convinced he can still be a winning starter again, but I wouldn’t bet against him.  Bucs have a lot of issues besides qb play.

I think he’ll ultimately decide to return and a surprising number of teams will line up for him.  

I'd like to see if this is him really being washed up, or if it's more like 2019 where New England just has no weapons and he looked at least semi-washed.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'd like to see if this is him really being washed up, or if it's more like 2019 where New England just has no weapons and he looked at least semi-washed.

I'm pretty sure Robert Kraft would have kidnapped Jimmy Garropolo's love child with his mistress and sacrificed the baby in a Satanic ritual to have 2022 Mike Evans and Chris Godwin on the 2019 Patriots.

4 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

I'm pretty sure Robert Kraft would have kidnapped Jimmy Garropolo's love child with his mistress and sacrificed the baby in a Satanic ritual to have 2022 Mike Evans and Chris Godwin on the 2019 Patriots.

That's true.

The bigger problem this year was the mash unit they called an offensive line and utter lack of a running attack.

But the "what if" with Vegas is gonna hang out there. Or San Fran if they decide to try and go that way.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tennessee is hiring Ray Carthon as their new GM.  He was most recently SF's Director of Player Personnel 

And because of the hire - the Niners will get a compensatory third round pick in the next two drafts

On 1/16/2023 at 8:39 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Overrated Drama queen system QB bailed out by elite WRs and great overall team I hate him unless the Texans draft him in which case he is the greatest QB we’ve ever had which is admittedly a low bar

Your team already has a greatest QB ever...just like the Bills have a greatest running back ever.  

Reports out of Tampa are that Byron Leftwich is going to be fired and the majority of the offensive staff are also being let go.  

So Todd Bowles  will be able to pick who gets to coach Blaine Gabbert like he's an actual NFL QB.  

Miami coaching news:

Josh Boyer holding Josh Allen to just 34 points has reportedly saved his job as DC of Miami.  Though reports are changes are coming to the D staff. 

QB coach Darrell Bevell has declined interviews with the Commies and Airplanes for their OC jobs. (lol)

In GRONK news...

Gronk MAD!  -  said Aaron Rodgers should be focused on winning Super Bowls not MVP  (referring to AR's interview on McAfee's show)

Gronk SAD!  - said he called the Bucs over Thanksgiving saying he wanted to sign up, because he was bored at home.

Gronk READY! - said he wants to come back full time next season.  Probably ending up wherever Tom signs.