DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I don’t know if getting Zach Wilson closer to the state of Utah will do him any good, but of the three teams in states bordering Utah, the Cardinals just fired their HC and Kyler ended his year on the IL, the Raiders benched their QB to make it easier to release him, and the Broncos fired their HC because they signed Russ to a billion year contract.

So if Favre and Rodgers went out throwing an INT on their final Packer pass, does Rodgers sign with the Jets for 2023?

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Should i be surprised that Jeff Saturday hasn't been fired yet?   I mean they can't possibly think that he is fine as a coach right

He is interim so he doesn't need to be fired.

His contract will be up at season's end

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kliff Kingsbury has been fired 

These things are so dumb. I mean they had him for three years and had a good feel for what he could do. Liked what they saw, sign him to a big SIX YEAR extension. Then fire him ten months later after a bad season. I know teams are searching for the next magical great coach the same way teams search for the next magical great QB, but teams are so fast to get rid of coaches. Its not that Kingsbury didn't make mistakes, but all coaches make mistakes, those mistakes are just magnified when the team is bad.

I'm not for or against Kingsbury, just the idea of extending the contract of someone and then getting rid of them after a bad season shows to me its a bigger ownership/GM issue than coaching issue. Which is why the NFL set out that memo that literally no team is listening to to stop doing this so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

These things are so dumb. I mean they had him for three years and had a good feel for what he could do. Liked what they saw, sign him to a big SIX YEAR extension. Then fire him ten months later after a bad season. I know teams are searching for the next magical great coach the same way teams search for the next magical great QB, but teams are so fast to get rid of coaches. Its not that Kingsbury didn't make mistakes, but all coaches make mistakes, those mistakes are just magnified when the team is bad.

I'm not for or against Kingsbury, just the idea of extending the contract of someone and then getting rid of them after a bad season shows to me its a bigger ownership/GM issue than coaching issue. Which is why the NFL set out that memo that literally no team is listening to to stop doing this so much.

I think its more the relationship between Kingsbury and Kyle Murray was completely broken and they decided to "side" with the QB

Obviously if they knew Murray and Kingsbury hated each other - they wouldn't have given him the extension

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think its more the relationship between Kingsbury and Kyle Murray was completely broken and they decided to "side" with the QB

Obviously if they knew Murray and Kingsbury hated each other - they wouldn't have given him the extension

Murray was posting his cryptic 'i hate the cardinals' shit before they gave him the extension, that's why I referred to it as a GM/ownership issue as there is no way they couldn't have known something was amiss if there was a problem there. That's their job to know before committing that much money to someone and Murray wasn't exactly being subtle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah - I guess to me, my bigger issue is giving him the extension not firing him now

Besides what you said regarding Kyler - I am sure Kingsbury smooth talked them and basically swindled them saying "Oh I love Kyler! We will make it work no problem!' despite Kliff constantly teasing wanting to go back to college since pretty much the second he got hired

• Like 2