DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

D’Andre Swift to the Eagles in exchange for a 2025 4th rounder. Also included is Philly’s #219 7th round pick this year swapped for Detroit’s #249 7th round pick.

Quite a steal potentially for the Eagles. Also, yet another former Georgia Bulldog.

4 hours ago, JLowe said:

D’Andre Swift to the Eagles in exchange for a 2025 4th rounder. Also included is Philly’s #219 7th round pick this year swapped for Detroit’s #249 7th round pick.

Quite a steal potentially for the Eagles. Also, yet another former Georgia Bulldog.

He's made of glass and mostly disappointed for Detroit. Like the guy, though, so I hope he does really well. 

• Like 1

Xfinity and the NFL are the latest in the carriage dispute game

As of today - Xfinity yanked the NFL Network off the air and also announced they will no longer carry RedZone

So until (if) they come to a new agreement - no NFL Network for me

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Xfinity and the NFL are the latest in the carriage dispute game

As of today - Xfinity yanked the NFL Network off the air and also announced they will no longer carry RedZone

So until (if) they come to a new agreement - no NFL Network for me

Yeah I got the email then boom the channel was gone at least I still had Good Morning Football from earlier on the DVR. 

Well the two sides already reached a new deal - apparently after Roger Goodell called Brian Roberts directly (Roberts is the CEO of Comcast)

Sports Business Journal says that NFL Network returned this morning

Packers gave Jordan Love a 1 year, $25m extension. 

Which... sure seems like an apology that's wrapped in paper that says "We're drafting Caleb WIlliams"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Packers gave Jordan Love a 1 year, $25m extension. 

Which... sure seems like an apology that's wrapped in paper that says "We're drafting Caleb WIlliams"

It seems as if it is a much better deal for the Packers than Love

Per the NY Post - ESPN is swapping out Steve Levy for Chris Fowler on the MNF 2nd team

The 2nd team broadcasts five games including one international game (I think that is the game played in Mexico)

• Like 1

I’m pleasantly surprised to see some actual Jets discussion concerning Aaron Rodgers. ESPSN, FB, the meme world, etc have already skipped this season and are ready for 2024 and the Vikings. 

Rodgers is washed and overrated either way. With that said, I expect more than most people do IMO. I’ll go as far as to say that the Jets will overachieve, and that Rodgers himself will have a peak where he looks unstoppable. At the same time though, you’ll be able to smell the blood coming from somewhere. I can’t even imagine how he’ll top blowing it this time. 

As for the 49ers, I read something that makes so much sense lol! It said the 49ers don’t care whose better. They just want the guy who can drive the team. I think that’s Purdy. I don’t know why and I don’t know how but that team was ready to die for him. They played hard for everybody through the quarterback problems, but they were on another level with him. I don’t know if the guys have another year’s worth of playing like that in them but that’s another post. Switching quarterbacks again isn’t the answer either way.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I can't stop chuckling at the fact that Rodgers had issues last season getting "in sync" with his receivers and the Jets' solution is to... sign the same receivers Rodgers struggled with last season.

The receivers in question were all the rookies I thought? Which did make sense considering Watson only caught 41 out of 66 passes thrown his way, and he was supposed to be the best of the group.

44 minutes ago, LF2 said:

The receivers in question were all the rookies I thought? Which did make sense considering Watson only caught 41 out of 66 passes thrown his way, and he was supposed to be the best of the group.

As an owner of Lazard in fantasy football I can just say that his output was disappointing game to game as I thought he'd have really good chemistry with Rodgers and would be a top target considering the rookie situation. And Cobb hasn't been good in eight years. Its just a bit weird is all I am saying, you'd think the Jets would be giving him shiny new toys, not re-doing what didn't work last year. He will have Garrett Wilson though who looked pretty damn good last year.

• Like 2

The thing that hurt Lazard he is an amazing blocking WR that would spring Doubs or Watson for big plays then he would catch it & Watson/Doubs would get ran over. 

Edited by Hail Sabin
  • Like 1

I like to imagine Randall Cobb is one of like three people on the planet who can "speak Aaron Rodgers." So he's not really there to play football but translate Rodgers to the other players.

• Haha 4