DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

4 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Former XFL 2.0 standout PJ Walker to be Justin Fields' backup in Chicago on a two year deal. He's already a better backup than Siemien and Peterman were.

Former undefeated Houston Roughnecks standout PJ Walker!

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

He's played in 13 NFL games and has thrown 4 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. The only leader board, awards,  and/or honor he has in his pro football reference page is for coming in 2nd in pick sixes in 2018, a season in which he only played 148 snaps(average is about 60 snaps per team per game). So in less than 3 games he threw 3 pick sixes. I say that to say this... in 2018 Nathan Peterman threw 4 touchdown passes,  3 of them were to the wrong team. That's an amazing level of futility. 

And to compound all this, he's also not an athletic running threat that you might justify putting on the field because of an added dimension to the offense or whatever. He's just a guy of pretty average build, arm strength, and athleticism (by the standards of NFL quarterbacks) who happens to throw interceptions at an implausibly high rate. And keeps getting steady employment.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Gardner Minshew to the Colts

That is legit hilarious even if he's a backup to whatever QB rookie bust they wind up drafting. 

I also totally forgot Nick Foles is a backup QB in Indy.

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And to compound all this, he's also not an athletic running threat that you might justify putting on the field because of an added dimension to the offense or whatever. He's just a guy of pretty average build, arm strength, and athleticism (by the standards of NFL quarterbacks) who happens to throw interceptions at an implausibly high rate. And keeps getting steady employment.

There's always the chance he's just good in the room, smart at film analysis or a good practice guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

There's always the chance he's just good in the room, smart at film analysis or a good practice guy. 

That very well could be the case,  but that means you need to carry 3 quarterbacks,  because there is no justification for actually putting him on the field. He's legitimately that bad. That also sounds like an assistant coach more than a backup quarterback. 

• Like 3

There’s always been a guy like Peterman around throughout history. It just doesn’t seem like it because they didn’t become what they now call a meme. You wouldn’t have to stretch it much to say that Kaep was the guy before him for about 2 years.

As for Rodgers. I’m still speechless. I can’t believe that quote that just came across my FB about him being the greatest Packer ever and bleeding green and gold. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

There’s always been a guy like Peterman around throughout history. It just doesn’t seem like it because they didn’t become what they now call a meme. You wouldn’t have to stretch it much to say that Kaep was the guy before him for about 2 years.

This might be the craziest thing anyone has ever said in this board. In Kaep's worst season he threw 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. His second worse season he threw 16 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. How can you possibly believe that Kaep was ever anywhere close to Nathan Peterman who has thrown 4 touchdowns in his entire career? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, supremebve said:

This might be the craziest thing anyone has ever said in this board. In Kaep's worst season he threw 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. His second worse season he threw 16 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. How can you possibly believe that Kaep was ever anywhere close to Nathan Peterman who has thrown 4 touchdowns in his entire career? 

As crazy as bringing up Jerry Rice in a conversation about the current Jets receivers and OBJ? Pot meet kettle.

10 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

As for Rodgers. I’m still speechless. I can’t believe that quote that just came across my FB about him being the greatest Packer ever and bleeding green and gold. 

He bleeds it so much he wants to swap the gold for white. That’s true dedication. I love how he thinks longest tenured automatically means greatest too. Like I love Kobe, but there’s no way he’s the greatest Laker ever because of that (I’d put him second behind Magic). 

Another thing that proves how flawed his thinking is, using that logic Eli Manning is the greatest Giant of all time. As a Giants fan I can safely say that’s not remotely true. Just from players I’ve seen I’d take LT and Strahan over him every day.

3 hours ago, LF2 said:

He bleeds it so much he wants to swap the gold for white. That’s true dedication. I love how he thinks longest tenured automatically means greatest too. Like I love Kobe, but there’s no way he’s the greatest Laker ever because of that (I’d put him second behind Magic). 

Another thing that proves how flawed his thinking is, using that logic Eli Manning is the greatest Giant of all time. As a Giants fan I can safely say that’s not remotely true. Just from players I’ve seen I’d take LT and Strahan over him every day.

Eli won two Superbowls.  Of course he's the greatest Giant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Eli won two Superbowls.  Of course he's the greatest Giant.

LT did too. Not as the QB obviously, but he still won two. Which I get beating Elway and Kelly isn’t as good as beating Brady twice, but still. And I would have Eli third for the ones I’ve seen (83-now).

10 hours ago, LF2 said:

Rodgers isn’t even worth bitching about. He has such basic bitch takes, and he repeats them just so he can hear them in his echo chamber of sorrow, though it’s a teeny bit less sorry as the average dunce like that because he can just blame some random person for him not walking into the enzone or for him not audibling to a pass in a 4 down turnover sequence. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Thanks 1

As a Packers fan, he is absolutely the best Packer of all time. Everything great about Favre; big arm, making plays out of nothing, but with a discipline that Favre never could match. His interception percentage was absolutely insane. The 60s Packers are the standard of the franchise, but no individual player can come close to Aaron.

I've been lucky enough to have seen my team win 2 Super Bowls in my lifetime. Could they/should they have won more? Probably yes. But I don't sweat that shit, because most fans don't even get to see their team win one. Aaron took teams that often had terrible defences and usually huge holes on offence (years with good o-lines had middling skill players, years with great skill players had shit o-lines, more often than not average or worse run games, etc) way farther than they probably should have.

I'll be sad to see him go, but thankful I got to watch him.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

hostetler-super-bowl-xxv.jpg

Is The Super Bowl winning QB Jeff Hostetler in this conversation ? *Greatest Giants player of all time!

*Only backup QBs that win in a Super Bowl are eligible in this particular post

Hoss had a winning record in all 4 of his seasons with the Raiders.

• Like 1

Of course your INT % is insane when you don’t even throw it. He ran 4 straight handoffs in that Seahawks playoff game that the defense got him 5 turnovers in, that also saw Richard Sherman get hurt at the end. Favre attacks that as soon as it happens. Does he win the game? Possibly he does not and possibly it’s because he throws an INT but if those throws are there as a result of Sherman going out he wins it, and he wins it no matter what the wuss coach called to start with. If they’re not there he still atleast goes for it instead of just watching the collapse happen. The only plays Rodgers ever made out of nothing were Hailmarys against the Lions who he can’t even beat ever since they got a pulse. I don’t know who that actually makes the best Packer of alltime but it makes Aaron Rodgers an overrated fraud if you ask me, creep vibe attitude problems he has aside even. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

I can't stand Rodgers both as a football player and as a human being, but come on. He's thrown 370 more touchdowns than interceptions. For his career he's thrown interceptions on just 1.4% of his passes.

I think you can make some valid claims that he choked a few times in the playoffs, but pre-Mahomes he was the most talented QB in NFL history, and an easy top ten, probably top five QB ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1