DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Allen Lazard is signing with... you guessed it... the Jets

The Lazard deal is 4/44.   Mamma mia.  

There's about to be some quite good WR's out on the street because the Jets are gonna Jets this all up.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LF2 said:

How does February of 2022-Now equal well over a year? He had a workout for teams in December, and one last week. So yes he’s recovered by now. Clearly you’re not a fan, but that doesn’t mean he brings zero value to a team. And the Jerry Rice thing is just asinine. I’m trying to have a real debate, and you’re all “oh this Hall Of Famer is better” well no crap. 

Plus your last point still holds true to the player I referenced from the team I root for. Saquon has a terrible injury history yet he survived most of last season. 

And now I’m done with your nonsense after looking up the wonderful Corey Davis (who you keep defending for god knows what reason) and his stats as a Jet:

2021 9 games started, 59 targets, 34 catches, 492 yards, 4 TDs

2022 10 games started, 64 targets, 32 catches, 536 yards, 2 TDs

Yeah that amazing 50% catch rate is something else. And 3 catches per start on average. Wow. Yeah so much better than OBJ could dream of doing right?

I wasn't trying to be a dick,  I just legitimately don't believe in OBJ's ability to stay healthy. I did say that OBJ is better,  but being better is only relevant if you are on the field being better. I don't think he can do that. I mentioned Jerry Rice,  because he was a great receiver from the past, which is exactly how I feel about OBJ.  I actually like OBJ as a player and as a Browns fan I even defended how he left Cleveland.  I spent Baker Mayfield's entire Browns career in this board telling everybody who would listen that he was not the answer at quarterback and despite the results he was a huge limitation on them being better. 

I described Corey Davis as a perfectly fine receiver if you have multiple capable tight ends and good running backs.  Not good,  not great,  perfectly fine if you have other people to give the ball to, I don't know how you interpreted that as me thinking he's wonderful. Randall Cobb is 76 years old and hadn't has had a Corey Davis type season for the last 3 years.  Allen Lazard had a good year last year,  but he was clearly the only receiver trusted for the first half of the year, but he was real Corey Davis-ish every year before that. I do not belive that OBJ can stay healthy,  so getting 30 catches for 500 yards is more than you'll get from someone who is not playing. Therefore,  I'd rather have the Jets receivers over the players Rodgers wants them to bring in. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rodgers will announce his decision on McAfee tomorrow.  

This is amazing.  10/10, no notes. 

I only want him to return to the Packers to fuck everyone over. Or suffer a season ending injury in training(or mini)camp

Edited by Kuetsar

43 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Rodgers wanting them to sign Marcedes Lewis too is the funniest one, since he hasn't been good this decade and the Jets already have a couple good TEs. Its kinda ridiculous but I'm here for it.

The Jets skill talent is not the problem. Seriously,  we are judging their careers based on the numbers they put up with Zach Wilson, who was probably the worst quarterback in football last season,  and the corpse of Joe Flacco.  Garrett Wilson won offensive rookie of the year and Breece Hall looked like the rookie of the year before he got injured. They probably weren't the best rookies on the team.  It's why I said they should have stopped going after Rodgers and paid Lamar Jackson everything he wants. They have a lot of talent that isn't due to get paid for a while. They're going to pay a 40 year old quarterback and his washed up friends and still be in the exact same place this time next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So... Josh McDaniels may have traded Waller because... he wasn't invited to his wedding?

(His new wife confirmed Josh hadn't been invited.)

I don't know what week it was(I think it was when he lost to Jeff Saturday) , but I went on a fairly lengthy rant about him being one of the worst coaches of all time. I will shorten it here,  but he's the only coach I know of who's own players accused of cheating. His first run in Denver they stayed off hot, and then lost a bunch of games. His own players day that the only reason they won those games is because he was secretly filming their opponents practices.  I say that to say this,  if your players aren't willing to give themselves the benefit of the doubt for your success,  they hate you more than I can even imagine. They believe you're so terrible that the only explanation for their own success under your tutelage is your malfeasance. So, this story does not surprise me.

• Like 1

At best, McDaniels seems like a guy who hits the Peter Principle whenever he's a head coach. At worst he's a guy who had the good fortune to spend most of his days as an offensive coordinator with arguably the greatest quarterback of all-time and working under arguably the greatest head coach of all-time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rodgers will announce his decision on McAfee tomorrow.  

This is amazing.  10/10, no notes. 

I almost feel sorry for the Jets knowing they have to sit through 95% of a conversation talking about his favorite drugs and how the "mainstream media" is destroying America only to have to wait for a "decision".  At least when Lebron did the end result was going to a charity.  This is basically Aaron Rodger jerking himself off for hours with a bunch of yes men.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami re-signs Raheem Mostert for 2 years,  they've also swiped LB David Long from the Titans at 2/11.

--

Philly got Travis Kelce to stick around at 1/14.25

The Eagles got TRAVIS for that bargan?  

38 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I almost feel sorry for the Jets knowing they have to sit through 95% of a conversation talking about his favorite drugs and how the "mainstream media" is destroying America only to have to wait for a "decision".  At least when Lebron did the end result was going to a charity.  This is basically Aaron Rodger jerking himself off for hours with a bunch of yes men.  

Counterpoint: Aaron Rodgers is a magnificent weirdo and, say what you will, he’s seldom boring.  I mean, I’m fairly sure he’s going to play for the Jets next season, but I won’t be shocked if Rodgers announces his retirement.  Or that he wants to stay in Green Bay.  Or that he smoked laundry detergent last night and had a vision that there is life on Mars and he is meant to be Earth’s first goodwill ambassador (poor, poor Martians).  If it’s anyone else, I don’t think you get this far down the road without the decision being a foregone conclusion, but with Rodgers, who knows for sure?

Besides, what else do we have to cover after this?  Lamar Jackson can talk to teams beginning today, but I’m imagining that ends with him sitting sadly at home staring at a phone that never rings.

• Haha 1

Reporting is coming out that the Cowboys are going to release Ezekiel Elliott

They will save $10.1 million if they designate him as a post-June 1 release

Obviously - the move really puts into context why they tagged Tony Pollard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Schefter is reporting that Green Bay wants two 1's back for Aaron Rodgers.  (Or a "Stafford-like Package")

If the Jets are actually stupid enough.... my god. 

That easily guarantees your team coming in first or second in the division for the next 5-10 years then. 

The Jets should tell them to go F themselves too unless he’s taking a major pay cut or Green Bay is eating 75-80% of that god awful amount he’s owed this season.

21 minutes ago, LF2 said:

That easily guarantees your team coming in first or second in the division for the next 5-10 years then. 

The Jets should tell them to go F themselves too unless he’s taking a major pay cut or Green Bay is eating 75-80% of that god awful amount he’s owed this season.

Its gonna be Bills/Fish anyway as the top two teams no matter what the jets do.